Notifications
Clear all

Caveman Regimen Log (Feb. 7, 2015)

MemberMember
(@sofiapa)

Posted : 02/08/2015 5:35 am

Hi guys! I have been a reader of acne.org for a while now and am starting my first log with the Caveman Regimen. Like many of you, I have tried basically everything (topicals, proactive, Acnepractice, Acne.org regimen, spa facials, microdermabrasion, light therapy, antibiotics, birth control pills, checked for allergies, etc.) with the exception of Accutane (scares me way too much!). The clearest I have been is using the Acne.org Regimen which has really been working for me acne wise. The issue I've had with it is that my scarring has gotten much worse (even though I use the glycolic acid) and my skin is generally dehydrated and oily.

Even though I'm very grateful with the large difference I have seen in my acne, I want to start being kinder to my skin and my body. I came across the Caveman Regimen like many of you through thelovevitamin.com and it made complete sense to me. What if I know longer have acne but it is actually being induced by my impaired acid mantle?

Here is some background info:

-24 year old female

-started having acne when I was 12 years old on face, neck, back, and chest

-by the time I was 19 years old, I had severe cystic acne and basically every pore on my face was clogged

HOWEVER, the acne on my neck, back, and chest completely faded by the time I was 18 years old, and my skin was perfectly clear with very minimal scarring. Why would this happen on my body acne but not on my face? The only differing variable was the harsh regimen I would use on my face vs. the only water method I would use to cleanse my body acne (while in the shower). Basically, I was doing the Caveman Regimen for my body acne all along and it seemed to have cleared naturally when it was its time.

In conclusion, I have now decided to start the Caveman Regimen for my face. It is a really intriguing idea that the body can heal itself if given the chance. SO I want to give it to the chance. That is not to say that this is not scary. I have used some type of acne controlling products ever since I could remembers who knows what exactly awaits in the future?!

Here are the changes I will be implementing for 2-3 months:

1) No skincare products on face at all

2) No tap water will touch my face (if I find it necessary to splash some water it will be in the form of Avene Thermal Spring Water)

3) Makeup: I will use only mascara and lipstick (which will be removed with jojoba oil--carefully not to touch the rest of the face)

4) Early morning warm water with lemon juice (before anything else)

5) Nightly, triphala supplement (Ayurvedic detox supplement) before sleep & one tablespoon of bee pollen before sleep

6) Direct sunlight for at at least 10 minutes/day (when/if possible)

7) Yoga 4-5x/week

8) Meditation daily (at least 10 minutes both in the morning/evening)

9) Mediterranean Diet (fresh fruits/vegetables, whole grains, fish, chicken, olive oil, beans, lentils)

10) No sugar, alcohol, processed wheat, dairy except for ghee and locally made yogurt

11) 2-3 liters of water/day

12) Limited caffeine intake (one small greek coffee in the morning)

13) Faith that the body can heal itself and all we need to do its trust it and be patient

Day 1:

-Acne: 2 spots on left cheek (upper cheek and jaw line) which have been there for three days now (before the regimen)

-Texture/Color: More even, less oily, less dehydrated

-Blackheads on nose have shrunk

-Hyperpigmentation & Scarring is much less obvious

Best,

-S

MemberMember
(@sofiapa)

Posted : 02/10/2015 2:37 am

Hi guys! So i am currently on Day 3.

The differences I have noticed:

-the breakout I had on my cheek before the regimen is gradually subsiding

-a lot less oiliness but some dry flakes (but nothing too bad)

-less redness

-less obvious scarring

-one little pimple on forehead (previously not there)

I won't be posting everyday because I think it is important to let go during this regimen and stop being so skin obsessed but I will definitely post weekly!

MemberMember
(@sofiapa)

Posted : 02/16/2015 2:29 pm

Day 9 Update

So for the past couple of days it seems that my skin has been purging. In other words, there have been little white heads particularly around my mouth/chin and forehead (generally speaking T-Zone). The weird thing is that I have had more even skin tone making the white heads blend in from a safe distance. The white heads have also been going away much quicker without turning into real pimples. However, skin has become much more oily.

Have not been putting any water on face except what is unavoidable when showering or brushing teeth. Thinking of using more natural toothpaste to possibly help with whiteheads around the mouth.

Purrging generally getting a little scary but trying to keep in mind that Im giving my skin the chance to heal itself. Hopefully this is how it turns out. No kne in my family has had acne beyond teenage years so also hoping genetics isnt playing a role! Will keep updated

-s

MemberMember
(@sofiapa)

Posted : 02/17/2015 6:38 pm

Day 10 Update

Really bad purging¦ White heads are getting bigger. Little red bumps happening. Super oily face. Don't see any of those dry flakes people have been talking about¦. Couldn't resist and popped two big white heads in chin area :(

Trying to stay positive but it's getting to be very difficult¦ Hopefully things are better by the morning.

-s

MemberMember
(@sofiapa)

Posted : 02/24/2015 5:19 am

Day 21 update

There have been quite a few changes since I last updated. For starters, the purging or breakout got a lot worse in my t-zone area. Surprisingly, the area I had most trouble with (cheeks) while on the acne regimen have been the most calm with the exception of a few tiny whiteheads. The scarring on my cheeks and overall skintone have greatly improves.

My forehead underwent a great deal of congestion and white heads that never really became full on white heads to come to a head. Over the last couple of days the congestion in this area has really improved to give brighter more even skin with less white heads. This has given me some hope especially considering the truly bad purging area which is my mouch/chin area.

This area appears to have every single pore clogged and turned into a white head. The itchiness is quite unbearable to the point that i had to use some chamomile compresses last night in order to stop the burning sensation. This morning the swelling has gone down. Im considering not using tap water or anything with fluoride to brush my teeth/rise mouth.

I will keep updating... Not very optimistic at the present moment. Even covered a few spots with makeup to hide the purging :(

MemberMember
(@jlopez)

Posted : 02/25/2015 4:54 am

Hi SofiaPa!
Just thought I'd chime in here, hope that's okay.
You're situation (and acne!) sounds very similar to mine. I am a 23 year old female, I've had severe cystic acne for almost my whole life and I really relate to every single pore on your face being clogged!
I am also following the "no wash" caveman regimen currently, along with diet changes. I am on day 23 and it's going relatively well (despite still have congested areas and some small breakouts, there has definitely been some improvement.)
I also experienced some horrible purging early in the regimen and such bad dry skin and congestion, but it did improve so there is hope!
I am so sorry that you are not feeling too optimistic about the caveman at the moment and I just wanted to ask if you had considered trying a gluten free diet?
I see that you are avoiding processed wheat, but the big turning point for me with my cystic acne was when I cut out gluten completely. It was so hard at first (I LOVE bread and pasta!) But as soon as I started seeing results with my skin it became second nature.
I would say that within 3 weeks there was a remarkable difference in my cystic acne and it continues to improve day by day.
Anyways, stay strong! And well done for deciding to take a natural approach to healing your acne.
I really hope you get clear soon.