Notifications
Clear all

First Time Using Spiro

MemberMember
(@tinamatmun)

Posted : 01/07/2014 7:48 am

My face is looking its best since I started Spiro last Saturday. I was woken up by a throbbing headache this morning. I guessed I was dehydrated. My dermatologist had warned me about this side effect on Spiro. I downed two 8 oz. glasses of water and checked my face in the mirror. I was very pleasantly surprised! No new zit, and the current ones seem to dry up a bit. Last night I decided to stop

leaving aspirin mask on my face overnight. I used jojoba oil to remove my makeup, used the Clindamycin phosphate wipe only on the acnes as a spot treatment instead of all over my face (this dried my skin out so badly). The last step was to moisturize with a mixture of Dan's moisturizer and jojoba oil. It seems to work beautifully:)

I am currently on 25 mg of Spiro and should increase the dosage to 50 mg by this Friday. I also used Clindamycin phosphate wipes and tretinoin cream .05 alternately at night. I am also taking turmeric supplement and plan to add vitamin D3 and fish oil to the mix after reading a few posts on this forum.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 01/22/2014 9:42 am

Good

My face is looking its best since I started Spiro last Saturday. I was woken up by a throbbing headache this morning. I guessed I was dehydrated. My dermatologist had warned me about this side effect on Spiro. I downed two 8 oz. glasses of water and checked my face in the mirror. I was very pleasantly surprised! No new zit, and the current ones seem to dry up a bit. Last night I decided to stop

leaving aspirin mask on my face overnight. I used jojoba oil to remove my makeup, used the Clindamycin phosphate wipe only on the acnes as a spot treatment instead of all over my face (this dried my skin out so badly). The last step was to moisturize with a mixture of Dan's moisturizer and jojoba oil. It seems to work beautifully:)

I am currently on 25 mg of Spiro and should increase the dosage to 50 mg by this Friday. I also used Clindamycin phosphate wipes and tretinoin cream .05 alternately at night. I am also taking turmeric supplement and plan to add vitamin D3 and fish oil to the mix after reading a few posts on this forum.

MemberMember
(@tinamatmun)

Posted : 01/24/2014 1:56 am

Good

It's my first time using Spiro as well. I started just about 9 days before you. I also supplement with D3, Turmeric, and B5. How is your progress going so far? Any updates to share? smile.pngI

>

Good

It's my first time using Spiro as well. I started just about 9 days before you. I also supplement with D3, Turmeric, and B5. How is your progress going so far? Any updates to share? smile.png

So far so good. My face had calm down a lot. I still get new breakout, just not as many. One or two the most. They also seem to dry up quicker. I still have many red marks though. These probably will take a while to fade. I am still on the same regimen. 50 mg Spiro, Clindamycine phosphate wipe, turmeric, vitamin d3 and fish oil, and tretinoin at night. I am seeing my doctor on 2/4. How about your progress? is it working for you too?

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 01/24/2014 8:37 am

Happy Friday all! So this week was an emotional one for sure. Last weeks breakout kinda broke my spirit, it was the week before my period and the dreaded 3 week time on Spiro when many started seeing an attack of the angry. It was the worse breakout I've had in a long time, usually it's just one or two at a time that I can deal with, cover and move on from. Sooooo this week I have been taking a gentler approach to my skin care. I think my face was just way too irritated, dry and therefore acting out. So I switched to Cerave Hydrating cleanser (takes some getting use to), witch hazel with aloe, salcyclic acid (PCA acne gel), gentle application of BP and then Lachydrin 5. Think that has helped calm it down, I notice less dry and therefore less oil production hopefully. Dry oily skin... go figure. I also called my derm and they are putting me on Doxy 100 2x day. I typically respond well to antibiotics, I haven't taken any since this summer for Hpylori, so I am hoping this helps calm down these buggers and keeps another initial from coming. Any experience with Doxy good or bad?

Good

It's my first time using Spiro as well. I started just about 9 days before you. I also supplement with D3, Turmeric, and B5. How is your progress going so far? Any updates to share? smile.pngI

&gt

;

Good

It's my first time using Spiro as well. I started just about 9 days before you. I also supplement with D3, Turmeric, and B5. How is your progress going so far? Any updates to share? smile.png

MemberMember
(@tinamatmun)

Posted : 03/09/2014 11:52 pm

Today is 3/9. It has been 9 weeks since I started my Spiro regimen. I am still at 50 mg/day, and the result I got as of today is astounding. I have no active breakout for the last two weeks. I am clear for the first time in a long time and it is scary. I am still taking vitamin D3 and fish oil along with my Spiro. I did not experience any major side effect except for some headache every now and then which usually can be remedied by a couple of glasses of water. My doctor also prescribed some antibiotic pladgets as face wipes in the morning and retin A at night. I continue using retin A nightly; however, I has stopped using the pladgets since I don't have active breakouts. When I saw my doctor on 2/4, I asked him to increase the dosage but he refused. He told me to be patience since my breakouts were less than before, I should just stick with the 50 mg/day regimen for a couple more months. I was not happy with that and tempted to increase the dosage on my own; however, I decided to listen the my doctor. I am so glad I did and so happy with the result. Retin-A has been working very well in lightening up my red marks from old acnes. I am scheduled to see my doctor in early April to get my potassium check out. As of now, I am so elated for being able to go places without being conscious about my skin.