Notifications
Clear all

How I Cured My Acne

MemberMember
(@neal-preston)

Posted : 12/29/2013 6:58 pm

Hey guys,

I wanted to share my experience with acne. I've had cystic nodular acne since I was about 12-13 years old on areas like my face, shoulders, back, and chest; I was even getting large pimples on my penis and pubic area. I went through every treatment until my dermatologist gave me accutane as a last resort. It did clear things up for a little while, but my acne came back just not in full force like it was before. I refused to go to a dermatologist anymore and to not take another round of accutane.

I've tried being a vegetarian, and avoiding many other things like gluten to hopefully clear up my body. None of it worked, but I think I have finally found what was causing my acne, tomatoes. I probably never would have figured this out in my life if it weren't for my dentist scaring me into avoiding acidic foods to stop my gums from receding.

Anyways, tomatoes is what caused my acne. I've read that they are apart of the nightshade family so I will do my best to avoid those also. Although, whenever I eat potatoes I don't have a problem.

Thanks for reading.

TLDR; Avoid tomatoes