Notifications
Clear all

Cali Gal Accutane Log 10 Mg

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 08/29/2013 8:16 pm

35 yr old female with cystic acne. Have had acne since age 13. Been on everything under the sun. This is my 2nd course, but never completed the first as dose was too high. I had headaches. Now I try again 9 years later. So over acne.

Day 1 on 10mg:

Feeling a little irritable, had some stomach indigestion so I drank some milk. Will keep updating. I will be more interesting, but pretty tired from the first dose and just a busy work week.

Oh, n until it kicks in I am using tazorac. Once my skin is dry, I will probably just spot treat with benzamycin, not in large patches

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 08/30/2013 1:56 pm

Day 2:

Haven't taken 2nd pill yet but no side efx.

Feel happier than normal. Hmmmmm....

MemberMember
(@bluemoon3)

Posted : 08/30/2013 3:35 pm

Good luck :) I am on my third day at 20mg, and also on a second course. The dose is too low to notice any significant side effects. I had a bad headache the first day, but I've been right as rain for the following two. Funny you say that, I had a "surge" of happiness today! I haven't had one of those in a while! I think it's probably because I'm finally on Accutane again and I know how good it feels once the course has finished. I felt amazing last time, I am so excited!

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 08/30/2013 6:50 pm

Awesome Blue Moon! Good luck on your course. I may go up to 20 mg if this doesn't work. My first course was 40mg and I had bad headaches. I took my 2nd pill, and I have no side effects except another surge of happiness after 15 minutes of taking the pill. It is so odd! I am drinking a ton of water. Tonight I am going to a party and I may have one glass of wine. The derm told me one glass a day would be fine. I have one about 4 days a week to calm my nerves.

My skin feels more dewy. I think an area where there was a small breakout under my jaw line is more drying up (good!!!!). I can't say yet! Will keep ya'll posted!!!!

I started this course due to chronic skin picking and cysts. I can't live my life like this anymore and I am getting married in a month and a half. I don't want raw skin and cysts on that day, and I also want do be done with acne once and for all.

Crossing my fingers and hopeful.

MemberMember
(@bluemoon3)

Posted : 08/31/2013 12:36 pm

Awesome Blue Moon! Good luck on your course. I may go up to 20 mg if this doesn't work. My first course was 40mg and I had bad headaches. I took my 2nd pill, and I have no side effects except another surge of happiness after 15 minutes of taking the pill. It is so odd! I am drinking a ton of water. Tonight I am going to a party and I may have one glass of wine. The derm told me one glass a day would be fine. I have one about 4 days a week to calm my nerves.

My skin feels more dewy. I think an area where there was a small breakout under my jaw line is more drying up (good!!!!). I can't say yet! Will keep ya'll posted!!!!

I started this course due to chronic skin picking and cysts. I can't live my life like this anymore and I am getting married in a month and a half. I don't want raw skin and cysts on that day, and I also want do be done with acne once and for all.

Crossing my fingers and hopeful.

Thank you :) so did you start on 40mg last time? I was going to start on 40mg but my derm recommended I start from 20mg, then step up to 40mg in two weeks. Alcohol in moderation should be fine. Yeah I've actually been noticing some changes in my skin already, but I'm not sure if it's too early to notice, particularly at such a low dose. My skin feels slightly more oily and I have broken out in tiny pimples on my forehead, and I only occasionally break out in tiny ones (I usually experience cysts, lovely).

That's great that you've decided to get your life back on track, I completely understand you there. Acne is incredibly frustrating. Accutane is so rewarding at the end though, you'll be amazed at the changes. Congratulations on your marriage!

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 09/01/2013 8:40 am

Yes I was on 40 mg n had bad headaches several years ago so I stopped the drug. This time I will go up to 20mg probably max. However if it won't go into full remission at this dose I may go higher and just make sure I drink enough water which may have been the issue. I was paranoid though before about side efx being a slight hypochondriac.

Had a glass of wine again yesterday with no side efx. No headaches today. Day 4: a cyst came out yesterday but is almost gone today. My red marks look redder n pores looks bigger. My skin feels smoother. I am still in good spirits literally getting a blissful feeling after taking the pill. Go

Figure. I have OCD which causes skin picking and I read that this is from an overacting frontal brain issue. Well, accutane dims activity which causes other people's mood issues, but I actually needed the calming. This may be why I'm feeling actually better mood wise. How cool.

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 09/02/2013 9:20 am

Day 5, 2 cysts came out in areas where I know there was looming infection long term. I know it is starting to pull stuff out to clear. I wake more tired and feel slightly off, almost like a hangover. I am also worried I won't go into full remission on this dose. Studies say 60% can after 6 months but I really want to make sure this is my last struggle with acne. I also can't be on this much past 6 months as I want to get pregnant and my age is not 25 anymore. I may do 20mg next month, then 40 for 4 months. Wil ask my derm.

Oh n I have dry lips. Overall skin is already looking better though. My fiance even noticed.

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 09/02/2013 4:33 pm

I am feeling slightly more irritable, so maybe the accutane is kicking in and affecting me in this way. i don't know. i wish i didnt even have this problem.

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 09/02/2013 7:24 pm

i switched this to accutane logs here: