Notifications
Clear all

My Cave-Man Regimen.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 04/25/2013 4:29 pm

After being exasperated by acne, i have been on the "Cave-man" regimen since 8 days now. I've been a victim of acne for the last 4 years.I have tried everything (Yes,everything).But to my complete amazement,the doing-nothing regimen is working most efficiently. Since 8 days i have just washed my face with water(!).Drinking water that is.I have brought changes in my diet where i am only eating low Glycemic-index foods.It was just yesterday that i ate a chunk of chocolate and noodles.And as expected i had a pimple today.But what a pimple!? It was a small whitehead and it's extinct now.

In retrospect i think the face-wash dried my face which did more harm than good.It stripped me of the essential "Acid Mantle" which is so vital .Since eight days i haven't had a single pimple which was worth attending to.My body is healing itself! After all this was how our parents and grandparents were! They never used fancy face-washes and other commercial products to treat them.Now, maybe i'm wrong.After all it's just 8 days since i've been trying this.But i have this healthy feeling where my face is always moisturized(naturally) and even though it's slightly oily ,it's not breaking out.

I have been getting this feeling that the cosmetic industry keeps bombing the market with placebos! Don't fall for their trap.Let your immunity take over and heal you.Again,i'm not saying that you should give up your current regimen.That would be imprudent.Instead adopt this regimen slowly.It's worth a try. And don't forget to document your results here.I would be more than happy to read about your success stories.Also i would keep updating about my progress here.

Let's hope for the best smile.png

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/29/2013 4:22 pm

I'm on day 2 of going full caveman (no washing at all) and I know what you mean about feeling naturally moisturised. I haven't broke out either!

Hope it carries on working for you and I get the same results as you have. :)

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 04/30/2013 2:51 pm

I'm on day 2 of going full caveman (no washing at all) and I know what you mean about feeling naturally moisturised. I haven't broke out either!

Hope it carries on working for you and I get the same results as you have. smile.png

Good luck mate :).It's my 13th day today. (Washing only with water).I'm having my exams so i'm sleeping less .I'm slightly stressed out too.Maybe that's why i'm having this slight inflammation on my right cheek bone (near my side burn).Hope it vanishes without forming a cyst.But definitely this regimen is working! Didn't get a single pimple in almost 2 weeks.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/30/2013 3:00 pm

Good luck mate smile.png.It's my 13th day today. (Washing only with water).I'm having my exams so i'm sleeping less .I'm slightly stressed out too.Maybe that's why i'm having this slight inflammation on my right cheek bone (near my side burn).Hope it vanishes without forming a cyst.But definitely this regimen is working! Didn't get a single pimple in almost 2 weeks.

Glad it's working out for you. As for the inflammation you could try going full caveman for just a couple of days to reduce irritation to the complete minimum? I have one pimple on my chin and I blame my toothpaste for that...I use a really irritating, high fluoride, whitening toothpaste that got on my chin this morning.

Good luck to you too! I never wanna go back to shitty cleansers again...:D

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/02/2013 2:06 pm

Good luck mate smile.png.It's my 13th day today. (Washing only with water).I'm having my exams so i'm sleeping less .I'm slightly stressed out too.Maybe that's why i'm having this slight inflammation on my right cheek bone (near my side burn).Hope it vanishes without forming a cyst.But definitely this regimen is working! Didn't get a single pimple in almost 2 weeks.

Glad it's working out for you. As for the inflammation you could try going full caveman for just a couple of days to reduce irritation to the complete minimum? I have one pimple on my chin and I blame my toothpaste for that...I use a really irritating, high fluoride, whitening toothpaste that got on my chin this morning.

Good luck to you too! I never wanna go back to shitty cleansers again...biggrin.png

It's day 15.And unfortunately i'm breaking out a little :(. One big problem i'm facing is exfoliation.I rubbed my cheek with a black t-shirt today and to my horror the t-shirt became white with flaky dead skin.How should i exfoliate when i'm not washing my face with cleansers and exfoliating agents?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/02/2013 2:22 pm

Some people on this regimen have used exfoliating finger massages (you can find them online or use an exfoliation cloth.

I'm not facing this issue yet, so I can really understand the extent.

Apparently after a while it goes away...

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/04/2013 2:41 am

Some people on this regimen have used exfoliating finger massages (you can find them online or use an exfoliation cloth.

I'm not facing this issue yet, so I can really understand the extent.

Apparently after a while it goes away...

So it's my 16th day.No new pimple.The one i had 3 days ago never became cystic.The swelling has subsided and it's healing.My scars are healing too.The only thing that i dislike about my face is its dullness.It's all somber .And i'm having this dead skin problem where i'm all itchy because of a lot of dead skin all over my face.I try to exfoliate by a rough cloth ,but i succeed only partially.Also,it sometimes over scrubs the skin and then it's all red.

All in all i'm pretty happy about my new regimen.My summer break has just started and so i'm back at my home from my college hostel.I hope these months repair my skin and my scars fade.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 05/08/2013 6:35 pm

Hey I just started doing this too, you think exfoliating with baking soda once a week would benefit us.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/09/2013 1:10 pm

Hey I just started doing this too, you think exfoliating with baking soda once a week would benefit us.

Exfoliating with baking soda? I think you should read about it before trying it as i have no knowledge on it.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/10/2013 11:28 am

Damn acne! I was so clear...UNTIL! i went to the gym today.Contrary to what i knew about the effects of exercise on acne (positive),why does sweating make my acne worse? I can see redness just below my left eye's cheekbone.This is so annoying.You start clearing up and something new pops up right under your eye! And i have to attend an important family gathering in 10 days.This is so embarrassing.Any idea ? How possibly i could exercise and not worsen my acne?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/10/2013 11:40 am

Sweating in itself won't cause acne, but when you sweat, bacteria thrives in those conditions on the skin. You need to get that sweat off your skin asap, moist skin makes dirt/debris stick to your skin and get into the pores. I don't do the cavemen regimen, I use oil, but when I go to the gym I bring a towel to dab off all the sweat.

Damn acne! I was so clear...UNTIL! i went to the gym today.Contrary to what i knew about the effects of exercise on acne (positive),why does sweating make my acne worse? I can see redness just below my left eye's cheekbone.This is so annoying.You start clearing up and something new pops up right under your eye! And i have to attend an important family gathering in 10 days.This is so embarrassing.Any idea ? How possibly i could exercise and not worsen my acne?

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/10/2013 11:58 am

Sweating in itself won't cause acne, but when you sweat, bacteria thrives in those conditions on the skin. You need to get that sweat off your skin asap, moist skin makes dirt/debris stick to your skin and get into the pores. I don't do the cavemen regimen, I use oil, but when I go to the gym I bring a towel to dab off all the sweat.

Maybe that's why you seem to have flawless skin :)

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/10/2013 4:01 pm

I don't have flawless skin, I get cystic/nodular acne, just not all over my face.

MemberMember
(@cbmountain42)

Posted : 05/21/2013 11:58 pm

So i'm on day 2 of this regimen and I'm doing the hardcore one with no water. But does that mean I can't use a cloth to wipe the sweat/dirt/oil off my face? I've played volleyball for the last 2 days as well but not touched my face with anything. The sweat has just dried. Are you suppose to wipe the oil and sweat off? or just like dab your face or something?

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/25/2013 3:18 pm

So i'm on day 2 of this regimen and I'm doing the hardcore one with no water. But does that mean I can't use a cloth to wipe the sweat/dirt/oil off my face? I've played volleyball for the last 2 days as well but not touched my face with anything. The sweat has just dried. Are you suppose to wipe the oil and sweat off? or just like dab your face or something?

You could use a tissue to gently wipe the oil and sweat or a cloth would do.But do make sure you are gentle enough.Scrubbing could cause redness and inflammation(personal experience).