Notifications
Clear all

Diet And Supplements Log

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/10/2013 11:23 pm

I might try the simple moisturizer, since it works well under makeup. I noticed that my skin is becoming sensitive to everything again, including things that used to work in the past, such as aloe vera. Not sure what's going on, but I had a lot of breakouts these past few days. Needless to say, it made my trip worse because I had to spend ages trying to cover up the mess mmkay.gif In fact, my acne has been the worst it has been in a while, since before I started the saw palmetto and candida diet. So, yesterday I said screw it, and had some fruit and rye bread, and today I had a banana and pop corn. I think I'm gonna start reintroducing more foods because I miss variety. I was really discouraged this weekend, and it was also hard to find healthy food to eat while in Chicago (with friends who eat everything and have clear skin, no less!).

What I noticed is that my skin is at its worst 2 weeks before my period...I think that's when ovulation happens. Did you notice any consistent times of the month where your acne gets worse, regardless of diet and stress?

Btw, I started using the MSM cream....so far, I haven't seen a noticeable improvement but I will keep using it. I think it works better on scars than active acne.

how strange!

my skin has been acting up to

i know its not ovulation for me though..

could be lack of sleep lately, and feeling a bit depressed over some life issues lately.

but i still binged today hehe.

dont be discouraged k? i really dont think fruit or wheat are the culprit here.. and they may actually benefit you

i eat both everyday with no heavy breakouts (or any for that matter).. my skin has been getting better, aside from today and yesterday

but again.. i think its just lack of sleep and blah blah blah

or maybe its cause i switched my foundation? who the hell knows lol

i barely even care about the breakouts anymore to be honest!

im more concerned with my red marks!

theyre fading pretty well with my apple cider vinegar toner<3

i believe in the stuff! sloweeelllyyy but surely!

still hope the msm cream works

you dont think thats what could be breaking you out do you?

Lack of sleep messes with my skin too! And of course stress. I usually exercise to keep my stress levels down.

hmm, it's too early to tell if the msm cream is breaking me out. I actually started using it a day after my breakouts worsened, so I know it wasn't the cause. Hopefully it won't make things worse. I also stopped taking my probiotic in the morning because I thought I didn't need it anymore or that it was too much for me. Have you tried probiotics long term?

Here's what my skin looks like at the moment. Not sure if traveling has made things worse. I hate those bumpy zits - they are impossible to conceal with makeup. I did notice that my skin is a bit calmer when I wear mineral makeup than foundation, but foundation usually covers up better.

post-161609-0-62715900-1362975772_thumb.

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 03/11/2013 11:29 pm

your skin is looking a lot less red and irritated :) thats good!

ive been wanting to try probiotics. what did you take?

the last one i tried broke me out horribly!!!

all over my forehead especially

i didnt realize it contained dairy and im pretty sure thats why my skin reacted that way

and as far as makeup goes

im back to maybelline superstay i found the shade "classic ivory" almost too dark but closer than the others i've been using which were porcelain ivory and sand beige.

this foundation just sits so well on my skin and doesnt wear off. i can deal with it looking a bit dark :P its not too drastic now that i found the classic ivory! especially with summer coming up i think it will be fine :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/12/2013 11:47 am

your skin is looking a lot less red and irritated smile.png thats good!

ive been wanting to try probiotics. what did you take?

the last one i tried broke me out horribly!!!

all over my forehead especially

i didnt realize it contained dairy and im pretty sure thats why my skin reacted that way

and as far as makeup goes

im back to maybelline superstay i found the shade "classic ivory" almost too dark but closer than the others i've been using which were porcelain ivory and sand beige.

this foundation just sits so well on my skin and doesnt wear off. i can deal with it looking a bit dark tongue.png its not too drastic now that i found the classic ivory! especially with summer coming up i think it will be fine smile.png

thanks, that's one way of looking at it, hehe. The bumpy acne looks flatter today, which is good. My face always explodes 2 weeks before my period, regardless of diet or stress I think.

Glad you found a close match with the foundation! I usually guess because they don't have testers at my CVS, but I always end up getting the wrong shade. Good thing they allow returns lol. Does maybelline irritate your skin at all, or does it feel fine during the day?

As for probiotics, I take solgar's advanced multibillion dophilus vegetable capsules - they are dairy-free. I usually trust solgar because they don't use too many unnecessary preservatives. The weird thing is, I thought my probiotics were too strong for me so I quit taking them for a few days, and I have been bloated ever since! So today I took one and already feel better. They are expensive though saywhat.gif

MemberMember
(@maxineb)

Posted : 03/18/2013 3:06 pm

I would try swapping the simple products for nivea lotion if you haven't tried it which you can use as a cleanser and a moisturiser, me and my work mate both broke out while using simple products.Ive just had a break out 3weeks ago after suddenly becoming allergic to No7 cleanse and sooth which i've had clear skin using for a couple of years on and off, all of a sudden my skin flares up when i use it (looked alot like your skin on the photos). Also the best soap i've found for my hyper allergic skin is Tesco everyday value soap, morrisons do a version of it too which is also great and its dirt cheap.My skin is calming down now i've changed to nivea it took me a week to realise what was causing the acne as the No7 cleanser was the last thing i suspected seeing as though i'd just purchased a couple of new products the week before. Last week i was dabbing t tree oil on the spots which was aggrevating them so I stopped using that a few days ago. So now i'm just washing twice a day with my value soap. taking my makeup off with nivea and dabbing sudocrem on my (40) red marks, it seems to be calming down alot. I can't use even diluted apple cider vinegar at the minute it seems to be keeping my red marks from healing so im gonna lay off it until the marks have healed properly. Think I've been over treating my problem and need to stick to the sudocrem for a bit.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/19/2013 1:38 pm

Overdue update: I have been really busy with work,so my diet wasn't the best but it's still quite healthy. I only binge on healthy stuff, which is good. I stopped following the anti-candida diet for the past 2 weeks. It was too restrictive and I haven't noticed significant improvements in the 2 months I had followed it - maybe because I didn't fully do phase one because I felt dizzy all the time. Now I am back on my usual, gluten-free diet and have been slightly increasing my sugar intake (because I eat GF cereal and sometimes sweet potato chips). The new thing I have been doing that seems to be helping with clogged pores and whiteheads is a daily salt scrub (diluted with water). I will update with pics soon....a lot of inflammation has gone down for now.

The other thing I have been trying was cutting down on saw palmetto...I think my dose was too much for me (I weigh around 100lbs), so now I am taking 300mg standardized, that comes with 600mg berry extract, not sure how that translates in terms of the dosage. I think too much saw palmetto was boosting my estrogen because I noticed some weight gain around my waist, so I'm gonna experiment with the new dose and see what happens.

I also incorporated acai berry antioxidant capsules and earth source vitamins, and the texture of my skin has been improving. This combo has worked wonders for me in the past, so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/04/2013 5:51 pm

I haven't updated my log for a while because I haven't seen any improvements in my acne. In fact, it has been getting progressively worse and I am getting very discouraged. I finally caved and got some bloodwork done, and now I have to wait for the results (it can take 1-3 weeks ). The doctor said that even if my hormone levels are balanced (since my periods are regular, it's a possibility) and my thyroid is normal, they would still prescribe a hormonal treatment because that's just how they deal with acne patients. Great, so this proves my point about standardized treatments and general apathy in student healthcare.

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 04/05/2013 2:00 pm

I haven't updated my log for a while because I haven't seen any improvements in my acne. In fact, it has been getting progressively worse and I am getting very discouraged. I finally caved and got some bloodwork done, and now I have to wait for the results (it can take 1-3 weeks ). The doctor said that even if my hormone levels are balanced (since my periods are regular, it's a possibility) and my thyroid is normal, they would still prescribe a hormonal treatment because that's just how they deal with acne patients. Great, so this proves my point about standardized treatments and general apathy in student healthcare.

sigh.. im sorry to hear that :(

ive been having a decline as well..

still trying to stick to herbs and healthy eating

my leftover acne marks are looking a little better

but im still breaking out..

which will probably just leave new acne marks.

my hope is diminishing.

but i refuse to give up, since i only found out about PCOS 3 months ago.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/05/2013 2:23 pm

sigh.. im sorry to hear that sad.png

ive been having a decline as well..

still trying to stick to herbs and healthy eating

my leftover acne marks are looking a little better

but im still breaking out..

which will probably just leave new acne marks.

my hope is diminishing.

but i refuse to give up, since i only found out about PCOS 3 months ago.

Hey! Good to hear from you - I haven't updated in a while because there were no good updates sadly. Sorry to hear that you are having a decline too neutral.gif What are you currently taking? Did you quit the saw palmetto?

From everything I have been reading on the forums and online, low GI diet seems to be the best from PCOS, so I'm trying to follow that as best as I can. The thing is, I have been quite healthy for the past 5 years, so I don't think diet is my main issue.

I agree with you about not giving up....I don't want to take any BCP until I have truly tried everything else. Currently only taking l-glutathione and acai berry supplements to help with absorption. L-glutathione has been recommended to me in the past, but I gave up after it gave me insomnia so I didn't really give it a chance. Now my body is getting used to it and I can sleep better, so I will keep at it for at least a month to see if there are improvements. It's supposed to work similar to milk thistle, but obviously I'm one of the few people that couldn't tolerate milk thistle so I had to find an alternative. Apparently, glutathione is essential to women with PCOS and insulin resistance.

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 04/06/2013 1:14 am

Hey! Good to hear from you - I haven't updated in a while because there were no good updates sadly. Sorry to hear that you are having a decline too neutral.gif What are you currently taking? Did you quit the saw palmetto?

From everything I have been reading on the forums and online, low GI diet seems to be the best from PCOS, so I'm trying to follow that as best as I can. The thing is, I have been quite healthy for the past 5 years, so I don't think diet is my main issue.

I agree with you about not giving up....I don't want to take any BCP until I have truly tried everything else. Currently only taking l-glutathione and acai berry supplements to help with absorption. L-glutathione has been recommended to me in the past, but I gave up after it gave me insomnia so I didn't really give it a chance. Now my body is getting used to it and I can sleep better, so I will keep at it for at least a month to see if there are improvements. It's supposed to work similar to milk thistle, but obviously I'm one of the few people that couldn't tolerate milk thistle so I had to find an alternative. Apparently, glutathione is essential to women with PCOS and insulin resistance.

good to hear from you as well!

i still take saw palmetto, just a lot less. twice a day, sometimes just once. cause ive incorporated other herb supplements that decrease testosterone.

yeah ive been trying to stick to a low Gl diet as well, but i looove fruit and cereal, its gonna be hard to eat primarly veggies, but i can do this :P

ill look into glutathione myself, sounds promising.

if there's one thing i recommend.. its turmeric, its really helped with my sleep.. i sleep a lot better, and no nightmares since ive been on it. :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/06/2013 6:25 pm

i still take saw palmetto, just a lot less. twice a day, sometimes just once. cause ive incorporated other herb supplements that decrease testosterone.

yeah ive been trying to stick to a low Gl diet as well, but i looove fruit and cereal, its gonna be hard to eat primarly veggies, but i can do this tongue.png

if there's one thing i recommend.. its turmeric, its really helped with my sleep.. i sleep a lot better, and no nightmares since ive been on it. smile.png

Saw palmetto was starting to give me serious brain fog...to the point where I would forget what I was going to say. Not good! What other supplements did you incorporate?

I started eating some fruit...I really missed grapes, cherries, and apples so now I'm having a serving of fruit every couple of days to get my sweet fix grinwink.gif

Interesting about the turmeric...do you take it in pill form? Does it also help with inflammation? I have been trying the yogurt-turmeric mask but no results for me. I must be the only person who doesn't see results with turmeric.

As for the glutathione, it might just be an initial placebo effect but I haven't had any new breakouts since taking it, and my swollen cysts are calming down. Maybe it's a coincidence, I'll have to wait and see.eusa_think.gif

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 04/07/2013 1:26 am

yeah ive been trying to stick to a low Gl diet as well, but i looove fruit and cereal, its gonna be hard to eat primarly veggies, but i can do this tongue.png

if there's one thing i recommend.. its turmeric, its really helped with my sleep.. i sleep a lot better, and no nightmares since ive been on it. smile.png

Saw palmetto was starting to give me serious brain fog...to the point where I would forget what I was going to say. Not good! What other supplements did you incorporate?

I started eating some fruit...I really missed grapes, cherries, and apples so now I'm having a serving of fruit every couple of days to get my sweet fix grinwink.gif

Interesting about the turmeric...do you take it in pill form? Does it also help with inflammation? I have been trying the yogurt-turmeric mask but no results for me. I must be the only person who doesn't see results with turmeric.

As for the glutathione, it might just be an initial placebo effect but I haven't had any new breakouts since taking it, and my swollen cysts are calming down. Maybe it's a coincidence, I'll have to wait and see.eusa_think.gif

well if the glutathione helps with insulin than i'm sure it might be helping :)

and yeeahhhh the saw palmetto made me feel soooo slow and groggy it wasnt worth it anymore.. but the acne came back sadly

i'd use it religiously otherwise...

and yeah.. i think fruit is fine.. the lower sugar ones of course :) im eating an apple right now in fact :D

yeah i take turmeric in pill form, once a day at dinner, not sure how well its working.. but i know its good for detoxing the body

weird thing..... my red marks are lightening up but the texture of my skin has been looking so much worse... like noticeably uneven

i do the taping method followed by apple cider vinegar toner EVERY night which might be too harsh i think now..

wah :( lol

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/07/2013 1:07 pm

well if the glutathione helps with insulin than i'm sure it might be helping smile.png

and yeeahhhh the saw palmetto made me feel soooo slow and groggy it wasnt worth it anymore.. but the acne came back sadly

i'd use it religiously otherwise...

and yeah.. i think fruit is fine.. the lower sugar ones of course smile.png im eating an apple right now in fact biggrin.png

yeah i take turmeric in pill form, once a day at dinner, not sure how well its working.. but i know its good for detoxing the body

weird thing..... my red marks are lightening up but the texture of my skin has been looking so much worse... like noticeably uneven

i do the taping method followed by apple cider vinegar toner EVERY night which might be too harsh i think now..

wah sad.png lol

I know, I feel much more focused now I'm off the saw palmetto....I'm sure it was keeping the acne at bay, but only at high doses so I didn't want to risk it. Too bad, it looked very promising, but then again so did zinc and vitamin D3. I think that my body is just not absorbing the nutrients and vitamins well, and is expelling them as toxins through my skin. Glutathione helps with a lot of things apparently, and it is not adequately produced by the body in some women who have PCOS. It's supposed to help with insulin resistance, liver detoxification, strengthening of the liver lining, fading red marks.... it looks very promising! The only concern is that it doesn't get fully absorbed by the body as a supplement, but I am taking the best quality possible (free form, reduced, by solgar) so hopefully it's doing something.

My skin texture is looking uneven too....but better with makeup thankfully.

Apple cider vinegar is another thing I can't do - it gives me red blemishes every time I drink it or apply it topically. Argh! Too bad, because it's worked for many people. I hope it works for you! We need to be persistent and patient...we can do this!!! teehee.gif

MemberMember
(@turkeywonder)

Posted : 04/12/2013 1:12 pm

Just take accutane. Acne has made me go insane with trying to cleanse my body, but my acne was persistent due to bad genes. Accutane is the best answer for anyone with moderate acne...

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/14/2013 9:31 pm

Just take accutane. Acne has made me go insane with trying to cleanse my body, but my acne was persistent due to bad genes. Accutane is the best answer for anyone with moderate acne...

Talk to me in a few years if your acne doesn't come back. The long term effects of accutane can outweigh the short term benefit.

Ghost08 liked
MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/27/2013 1:13 am

Not sure if this is an update or improvement or whatever. Here is an update of what my face currently looks like. It's that time of the month and I have more redness than usual. My skin texture has been improving though, and the dark circles under my eyes are less noticeable. I blurred out that part, I don't really have "blurry" vision, haha. Next time I'll just post a regular pic and not bother with the blurring maybe.

post-161609-0-19723900-1367043204_thumb.

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 04/28/2013 12:08 am

youre face looks great!!!! and to respond the the comment you left on my page im glad you tried the cucumber juice :)

it really is sooo yummy!

its my new breakfast instead of cereal

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 04/28/2013 12:36 am

I see that you like to use the holistic approach when it comes to your acne. I think that's wonderful!

Have you ever tried borage oil? (taken internally) I just bought some because I recently read a story about a girl who went to a holistic derm and he told her to take Borage Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Zinc. She said that it cleared her acne 8 weeks. =) I love my supplements and I recently starting taking these so I thought I would share.

Best of luck to you!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/30/2013 8:42 pm

youre face looks great!!!! and to respond the the comment you left on my page im glad you tried the cucumber juice smile.png

it really is sooo yummy!

Thanks, I see some slow improvement particularly with decreased inflammation. How is your skin doing?

I'm getting addicted to cucumber juice! What brand do you usually get? I got one that has no added sugar and looks like water almost.

I see that you like to use the holistic approach when it comes to your acne. I think that's wonderful!

Have you ever tried borage oil? (taken internally) I just bought some because I recently read a story about a girl who went to a holistic derm and he told her to take Borage Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Zinc. She said that it cleared her acne 8 weeks. =) I love my supplements and I recently starting taking these so I thought I would share.

Best of luck to you!

Hey Ghost! I haven't tried borage oil, is it working for you? What does it help with? I am using a vitamin e oil topically, but it's too early to tell if it's working. Unfortunately, every time I try to take zinc supplements I break out, no matter what brand it is, so I just try to get some zinc from different foods.

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 05/02/2013 9:10 am

youre face looks great!!!! and to respond the the comment you left on my page im glad you tried the cucumber juice smile.png

it really is sooo yummy!

Thanks, I see some slow improvement particularly with decreased inflammation. How is your skin doing?

I'm getting addicted to cucumber juice! What brand do you usually get? I got one that has no added sugar and looks like water almost.

thats great! ive been seeing improvement.

but its on and off, somehow?

one day i wake up and my skin looks nicer and glowy, etc.

the next day its red and splotchy...

so i dont know.

its hard to tell sometimes if im making progress at all..

but the acne that i do get is less inflamed! and much smaller than usual. so id say thats good smile.png

and for the cucumber juice i just make my own! haha i have a juicer

i juice 2 cucumber, 3 celery stalks, and 1 apple. and its really refreshing!

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 05/03/2013 11:19 am

it really is sooo yummy!

>I see that you like to use the holistic approach when it comes to your acne. I think that's wonderful!

Best of luck to you!

Hey Ghost! I haven't tried borage oil, is it working for you? What does it help with? I am using a vitamin e oil topically, but it's too early to tell if it's working. Unfortunately, every time I try to take zinc supplements I break out, no matter what brand it is, so I just try to get some zinc from different foods.

Borage Oil is full of the essential fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid, which is supposed to be a natural anti-inflammatory. So far my new vitamin cocktail has been working very well for me! I'm very excited. I read about using it from this girl : http://www.xojane.com/beauty/vitamins-make-your-skin-less-fugly who has a derma who also practices holistic medicine and he reccomended these to her.

What kind of zinc were you taking? I know it comes in different forms, and I wonder if you took a form that your body just didn't like?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/03/2013 7:11 pm

it really is sooo yummy!

thats great! ive been seeing improvement.

but its on and off, somehow?

one day i wake up and my skin looks nicer and glowy, etc.

the next day its red and splotchy...

so i dont know.

its hard to tell sometimes if im making progress at all..

but the acne that i do get is less inflamed! and much smaller than usual. so id say thats good smile.png

and for the cucumber juice i just make my own! haha i have a juicer

i juice 2 cucumber, 3 celery stalks, and 1 apple. and its really refreshing!

same here...some days my skin looks blah and dull, and others it feels softer. so frustrating! I'm getting less inflammed acne too - that's encouraging at least! Do you get more acne before and/or during your period? I noticed that most of my breakouts occur during ovulation (2 weeks before my period) and during my period. I'm hoping the progesterone cream can regulate my hormones but it takes time to see an improvement.

I need to get a juicer, that sound delicious! Much better than store bought juice.

Borage Oil is full of the essential fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid, which is supposed to be a natural anti-inflammatory. So far my new vitamin cocktail has been working very well for me! I'm very excited. I read about using it from this girl : http://www.xojane.com/beauty/vitamins-make-your-skin-less-fugly who has a derma who also practices holistic medicine and he reccomended these to her.

What kind of zinc were you taking? I know it comes in different forms, and I wonder if you took a form that your body just didn't like?

Glad this is working for you! Does everyone need borage oil? Is it similar to evening primrose oil? I used to take EPO with vitex a while ago and it was a good combination, but the second time around it just upset my stomach so I stopped taking it. Is there an initial breakout with borage oil?

I tried opti-zinc and other brands of zinc picolinate. Which one is the best form to take?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/05/2013 10:09 pm

Face got worse today. Like clockwork, 2 weeks after my period during the ovulation stage I get cysts. I'm hoping the natural progesterone cream I started using will help me keep these breakouts under control.

I forced myself to put makeup on today and go for a walk. The sunny weather temporarily cheered me up, but then I was supposed to go out and I didn't because I caught a glimpse in the mirror of the acne bumps on one side of my face. I took all my makeup off, put my pijamas on, and here I am.

My face really went from bad to worse within a couple of days. I feel like watching a trainwrech everytime ovulation comes around, and nothing I do seems to keep it at bay. The only positive is that my PMS breakout was mild this time, and there is definitely much less inflammation. I think my diet and the glutathione supplements have a lot to do with this.

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 05/06/2013 11:17 am

Glad this is working for you! Does everyone need borage oil? Is it similar to evening primrose oil? I used to take EPO with vitex a while ago and it was a good combination, but the second time around it just upset my stomach so I stopped taking it. Is there an initial breakout with borage oil?

I tried opti-zinc and other brands of zinc picolinate. Which one is the best form to take?

Borage oil has less Omega-6 Fatty Acids than EPO, but Borage oil will not interact with birth control like EPO can.

No, not everyone needs it. I broke out a little bit, but strangely enough it was only on my back and it only lasted a week. It's all gone now.

Zinc Orotate is said to be the best form of Zinc, because it has been chelated to orotic acid. The human body's cellular membranes most readily absorb this type of zinc. However, Zinc Picolinate is also very readily absorbed by our bodies. Much better than Zinc Citrate and such.

**Edited to add:

You're one of the only active people on here who tries to natural route and I just wanted to tell you that I tried fresh squeezed lemon juice on my face a couple of days ago and it has been a miracle worker for stopping breakouts and causing the ones I already have to come to a head. Just thought I'd share!

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 05/07/2013 11:09 am

Face got worse today. Like clockwork, 2 weeks after my period during the ovulation stage I get cysts. I'm hoping the natural progesterone cream I started using will help me keep these breakouts under control.

I forced myself to put makeup on today and go for a walk. The sunny weather temporarily cheered me up, but then I was supposed to go out and I didn't because I caught a glimpse in the mirror of the acne bumps on one side of my face. I took all my makeup off, put my pijamas on, and here I am.

My face really went from bad to worse within a couple of days. I feel like watching a trainwrech everytime ovulation comes around, and nothing I do seems to keep it at bay. The only positive is that my PMS breakout was mild this time, and there is definitely much less inflammation. I think my diet and the glutathione supplements have a lot to do with this.

sorry to hear that :(

i seem to always have recommendations

and heres a new one! lol

www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Perfect-Nutritional-Supplement/dp/B003L33HOY/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1367942565&sr=8-13&keywords=raw+supplements

it is A-MAZ-ING.

although i havent really noticed a huge increase in energy, ive noticed a glow in my skin..

and it also seems to have healed an infection i had in an un-mentionalble area :X which is awesome.

it regulates blood sugar levels.. and gives a lot of nutrients from plant based sources that arent always easy to incorporate everyday, you know?

i dont know, i just love it so far. haah

i havent been as strict on my diet, no longer fullyyyy raw cause i eat chicken now<3 but the only bad stuff ive been eating, still, are chips and salsa.

ive had more salt in my diet lately, but i havent noticed any negative effects

well.. i did have a headache yesterday. so i guess thats negative lol

i really see an improvement though in my skin.

and ive been meaning to ask you!!

how did the msm cream work out? are you still using it?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/08/2013 10:25 pm

Borage oil has less Omega-6 Fatty Acids than EPO, but Borage oil will not interact with birth control like EPO can.

No, not everyone needs it. I broke out a little bit, but strangely enough it was only on my back and it only lasted a week. It's all gone now.

Zinc Orotate is said to be the best form of Zinc, because it has been chelated to orotic acid. The human body's cellular membranes most readily absorb this type of zinc. However, Zinc Picolinate is also very readily absorbed by our bodies. Much better than Zinc Citrate and such.

**Edited to add:

You're one of the only active people on here who tries to natural route and I just wanted to tell you that I tried fresh squeezed lemon juice on my face a couple of days ago and it has been a miracle worker for stopping breakouts and causing the ones I already have to come to a head. Just thought I'd share!

Thanks for the tips! I try lemon juice on and off, and when I use it sparingly it helps with cysts. Actually, I used it last night because I had a cyst on my jawline, and today my face is calmer in general. I also did a copper peptide mask last night and then applied phyto-corrective gel. All these are usually hit or miss, and this time they all worked together. Phew.

I might give the zinc another go...I have some zinc deficiency symptoms and it can't hurt to give it a try. What brand would you recommend? I tried Earth Origins Optizinc before, and still have a few left so I might start with that and then switch.

sorry to hear that sad.png

i seem to always have recommendations

and heres a new one! lol

www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Perfect-Nutritional-Supplement/dp/B003L33HOY/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1367942565&sr=8-13&keywords=raw+supplements

it is A-MAZ-ING.

although i havent really noticed a huge increase in energy, ive noticed a glow in my skin..

and it also seems to have healed an infection i had in an un-mentionalble area sick.gif which is awesome.

it regulates blood sugar levels.. and gives a lot of nutrients from plant based sources that arent always easy to incorporate everyday, you know?

i dont know, i just love it so far. haah

i havent been as strict on my diet, no longer fullyyyy raw cause i eat chicken now<3 but the only bad stuff ive been eating, still, are chips and salsa.

ive had more salt in my diet lately, but i havent noticed any negative effects

well.. i did have a headache yesterday. so i guess thats negative lol

i really see an improvement though in my skin.

and ive been meaning to ask you!!

how did the msm cream work out? are you still using it?

Hey! My face is a lot calmer today, glad yours is doing better too! I am keeping track on my calendar of ovulation times and my face ALWAYS gets worse for 3-4 days, then it calms down. Grrrrr so annoying, but at least it's predictable chaos. I started using bioidentical natural progesterone cream, but I would really like to be monitored by an endocrinologist who specializes in this area. Unfortunately, the one I was recommended charges $500 for the first visit, plus extra saliva hormone testing! insane! So I"m left on my own again until I upgrade to a better job with benefits in a few months (hopefully).

That raw supplement looks amazing! How many days did it take for it to kick in? Is it in powder form or in a capsule?

I'm still using the MSM cream and it has really helped with some rolling scars I was developing. I have been using it consistently for the past couple of months but not all over my face, only in parts where I have scars. I noticed that if I apply it in areas that don't have scars I sometimes break out. I do apply it all over my neck though and it feels good!

My recommendation for inflammation (if you have any) is l-glutathione. I took it for over a month, and I noticed a huge improvement in inflammation because it cleanses the liver. Unfortunately, it's a short-term treatment because it loses its effectiveness when used daily, so I am now taking a break from it (it works kind of like milk thistle, but I'm too nervous to go that route again lol).