Notifications
Clear all

Pcos Acne Log

MemberMember
(@sarsar123)

Posted : 02/14/2013 2:32 am

I'm waiting for my kidney function and then starting spiro, I'm so excited as I really think this is what's going to help me.

Brief history: acne began after first baby at 22. Some adolescent acne but that was controlled by bcp's, which I was then removed from due to migraine with aura.

Cystic acne related to periods, I've tried every treatment including accutane in 2007.

Recently things have worsened, basically since I had a miscarriage a couple years ago

I have to have my paraguard iud removed as I'm bleeding so much my ferritin levels are 8

Yesterday I began on flucloxacillin and duac in case it's a staph infection

Next Wednesday I start spiro (if kidney function ok)

I do not want to do accutane again, it's a short term solution for me

I think I will do before and during pics to keep me going and a hormone log

So I'm day 4 of cycle and all cysts are deflating, nothing new for 3 days

I have a new pimple on my cheek which is odd for me, I'm confined to the chin and jaw. Have a really painful nodule on my scalp, will just have to leave it as its covered by hair

Need to get new cleanser and moisturisers but have no idea what to get. Think my neutrogena scrub is too harsh to use with duac as is SA clean and clear moisturiser.

Duac over night has dried out some cysts into hard scaly scabs but at least they are healing up!

MemberMember
(@sarsar123)

Posted : 02/14/2013 4:49 pm

In such a bad mood. I was meant to go out with friends tomorrow night, I can't face it. I work up the courage to decide to go, then look in the mirror and cry. I can wear make up I know but it's the hairy face too. I don't really know where to begin with it all and how to heal my skin

MemberMember
(@sarsar123)

Posted : 02/18/2013 2:45 pm

Thanks for your post its really encouraging for me

Recently I've been doing a lot of thinking and realising just how deeply this affects me. I feel comfortable and unjudged around most of my colleagues but I've started hating the idea of meeting new people, esp men. The last Boyf I had I refused to let him see me without make up, I'm very body conscious nowadays too, everything is affected. I feel old. The acne and treatments make me look haggard, old, pale, dry and wrinkly.

I look in the mirror too much, not always to hate on myself but just to check, see what others might see. If my make up doesn't look good I stress all day. I never feel relaxed unless I'm home alone with my kids

It's all looking less inflamed now, period has stopped too which is all related. I stopped smoking 2 months ago and have put on weight. My diet isn't great. I just feel pretty down and in motivated. I have a few active cysts on one side of my face and the other side is all red mark scarring. I don't know how to get my skin and mind to feel good again. My skin is so dry it's like paper. Docs on wed, get the spiro