Notifications
Clear all

Sweet Treats That Won't Cause Me To Breakout?

MemberMember
(@lilacink)

Posted : 11/19/2012 11:44 pm

So I noticed that my acne is clearing up a bit since I cut dairy, pocessed and sweets but lately I've been needing my sweets! Do you guys know of anything sweet that won't cause me to breakout? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 11/26/2012 12:03 pm

Try 80% or higher dark chocolate! Melt it and dip it in strawberries! Dark chocolate has a lot of health benefits and if the only sugar you're getting all day is some fruit I don't think it will cause breakouts! Also, try getting some cinnamon capsules or eating a spoonful of cinnamon somehow after you eat anything sweet, it will control your blood sugar levels. I had sweets yesterday and had a cinnamon capsule directly after and I didn't break out today! Good luck

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/26/2012 1:12 pm

Worry more about cutting sugar completely out of your diet, because you're clearly addicted if you're asking questions like this. A few months ago, I would literally crave sugar and carbs like I was on a drug...but when I cut these things out (they are both horrrrrrible for acne), the cravings subsided within 21 days. Many people on this forum have had the same experience and even report that sweet foods that they used to love now make them nauseas even to smell! Once you eliminate these foods your cravings/addiction will subside and everything will be much easier.

But if you REALLY insist, please look up "Paleo dessert recipes." There are no grains, dairy or sugar in Paleo dieting. However, when I feel like something a little bit sweet I just look up a recipe that calls for natural sugars like maple syrup or honey (which also aren't GREAT for your skin, keep in mind). My favorite website for this is www.paleomg.com . I have made all types of treats from this site, from pies to fudge to cookies.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/27/2012 5:15 am

The important thing is that you do not consume excess carbs when you are not active. Our bodies need to move around to burn the sugars.

I disagree about honey. It does have health benefits. I like to toast julian paleo bread with some butter and honey spread on afterwards.

Great treat and doesn't break me out at all.

http://locarbu.com/i...8AcQ#googlebase

This bread is incredible, and has given me quick meal ideas.

Here's something I'm about to try out :

-onion jam

-mushrooms

-julian paleo bread

I caramelize the onions with a little bit of brown sugar and vinegar and olive oil over low heat. Then cook the mushrooms with this mixture, spread it over toasted julian bread.

Another idea :

-kale

-bacon

-julian paleo bread

Take two slices of bacon, cut them into little pieces, cook them on a pan, soak out some grease, then stir the kale in and cook it over heat. Take all of this and lay it on the bread.

This all may not be for everyone but once you figure out what you like, you may find yourself a mad scientist in the kitchen.

MemberMember
(@lilacink)

Posted : 11/27/2012 7:03 pm

Try 80% or higher dark chocolate! Melt it and dip it in strawberries! Dark chocolate has a lot of health benefits and if the only sugar you're getting all day is some fruit I don't think it will cause breakouts! Also, try getting some cinnamon capsules or eating a spoonful of cinnamon somehow after you eat anything sweet, it will control your blood sugar levels. I had sweets yesterday and had a cinnamon capsule directly after and I didn't break out today! Good luck

I love DARK chocolate. So thanks. I will try! Yummm.

Where do you get cinnamon capsules?

Worry more about cutting sugar completely out of your diet, because you're clearly addicted if you're asking questions like this. A few months ago, I would literally crave sugar and carbs like I was on a drug...but when I cut these things out (they are both horrrrrrible for acne), the cravings subsided within 21 days. Many people on this forum have had the same experience and even report that sweet foods that they used to love now make them nauseas even to smell! Once you eliminate these foods your cravings/addiction will subside and everything will be much easier.

But if you REALLY insist, please look up "Paleo dessert recipes." There are no grains, dairy or sugar in Paleo dieting. However, when I feel like something a little bit sweet I just look up a recipe that calls for natural sugars like maple syrup or honey (which also aren't GREAT for your skin, keep in mind). My favorite website for this is www.paleomg.com . I have made all types of treats from this site, from pies to fudge to cookies.

Alright thank you. I will try to cut out carbs. What are carbs? Thanks for the advice. VERY helpful.

The important thing is that you do not consume excess carbs when you are not active. Our bodies need to move around to burn the sugars.

I disagree about honey. It does have health benefits. I like to toast julian paleo bread with some butter and honey spread on afterwards.

Great treat and doesn't break me out at all.

http://locarbu.com/i...8AcQ#googlebase

This bread is incredible, and has given me quick meal ideas.

Here's something I'm about to try out :

-onion jam

-mushrooms

-julian paleo bread

I caramelize the onions with a little bit of brown sugar and vinegar and olive oil over low heat. Then cook the mushrooms with this mixture, spread it over toasted julian bread.

Another idea :

-kale

-bacon

-julian paleo bread

Take two slices of bacon, cut them into little pieces, cook them on a pan, soak out some grease, then stir the kale in and cook it over heat. Take all of this and lay it on the bread.

This all may not be for everyone but once you figure out what you like, you may find yourself a mad scientist in the kitchen.

Thank you very much.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:44 pm

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

All of the information on vegetables, meats, etc on their inflammatory properties and nutritional content.

Do a few searches on everything you've eaten in the past week - you may be surprised at what you find.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/27/2012 10:49 pm

You got some great recommendations so far especially with the breads. To answer your question- carbs are things like: potatoes, rice, wheat, all types of wheat flours (almond and coconut flour is fine). These are the main carbs and starches but there are many more and they are essential to cut out to help inflammation! Back to the bread idea, I just made my own tonight. Very easy and a great breakfast for the week. I made mine out of almond flour. Just search "paleo bread recipe" If you're into baking. I've made cinnamon loaves and even chocolate (dark organic of course) chip loaves. The possibilities are endless.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/28/2012 6:06 am

Good idea about the bread indigo. Baking is very simple and easy if you have a little time. I made myself some flax seed cookies the the other day. They actually just tasted more like little pieces of bread, so I put a few drops of honey on them with butter to turn them into dessert.

I just found a recipe I'm going to try out :

http://www.healthextremist.com/paleo-bread-recipe/

And am hoping the overall ingredients work out to be cheaper than the Julian bread ($7.99 a loaf, wow!)

MemberMember
(@lilacink)

Posted : 11/29/2012 5:25 pm

Thank you all so much. I am working on a budget but I'd love to try and make my own bread.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 2:02 pm

So I noticed that my acne is clearing up a bit since I cut dairy, pocessed and sweets but lately I've been needing my sweets! Do you guys know of anything sweet that won't cause me to breakout? Thanks!

Sweet Zinc That Won't Cause me to breakout?