Notifications
Clear all

Why Does Everyone Over-Complicate Acne? My Cure.

MemberMember
(@volkri25)

Posted : 10/14/2012 8:01 pm

Long story short, suffered from severe acne since the age of 14. I am now 22 and in that middle ground of hormonal/adult acne. I was on every medication possible in those 8 years, except accutane, although I was told by EVERY dermatologist to try it. However every other cream and pill I have taken. I have had side affects from Tetracycline that may or not may be permament. I have hyperpigmentation that is fairly uncommon with my skin type. I never had hyperpigmentation until I was experimenting for Tetracylcine. (Started off as purple/blue discoloration, and now is pink.) Every acne spot develops hyperpigmentation. I then switched to Doxycicline to no prevail. All of these "treatments" did more harm then good. I know many realize this finally but enough was enough.

I moved to a new state at 21 and told myself this acne is going. I didnt want to be known as that kid with bad acne, arrive in a new state with low self-esteem, self-confidence excetera... So here it is.

Call me crazy, but the cure is simple. Im a firm believer that the human brain mandates and runs all functions of the human body. The brain is so immense/cheatable that the cure in my honest opinion is half placebo half dietary/hormonal.

What I did:

-Stop ALL diary intake for 1 year, and slowly re-introduced it, but still limit intake. This methodology helps prove the half placebo/hald dietary affect. Im 2 months eating dairy again and no noticable breakouts. (When i stopped diary the breakouts also stopped.)

-Mimic facial hydration through Cold Pressed Hemp Oil. I actually found this tip on this site, and couldn't be more in love with it. 1.)It comes from the most miraculous plan on earth. Im an avid Hemp/Marijauna supporter, as it truely is natures cureall drug. No more "Dermatologist Reccomended" lotion on the face. Hell there the same people recomending Accutane to me.

-Live a stress free life. Impossible you say? If I ever have a stressful moment, which is rare nowadays being acne free I take a hit of weed. If you can't from because of your job/lifestyle beliefs I understand, however Endocannibinoids are quite amazing for the body and mood and all natural.

-Take Juice Plus+ Garden or Fruit Suppliments. Why these? You get the fibers and vitamins in the vegetable in a dry form. It regulates your bowels and the extra Vitamin A and E are welcomed. There rather expensive but as legit as it gets to skipping vegetables from your meals.

-Reduce sugar intake to 40-50 grams a day. The WESTERN diet consumes 5x that.

~~~ Now before I here the "Your allergic to diary" statement, im NOT. I have a hormonal imbalance. Dairy is not needed in our diet. Drink OJ with Calcium which equals that to milk, or take 2 tums a day as a calcium supplement!!!~~~

These people doing these insane paleo diets, or raw food diets, or i can only eat A, B, and C, drive me nuts. Look at the person next to you or across from your or in your class or work... They are not sticking to these exotic diets. People, I understand Acne sucks, but living your life stressing on a schedule of specifics is more Absurd then those of you taking accutane. I have never been happier in my life and in the back of my head KNOW theres a lot of Placebo affects in reducing eliminating acne. Be smart, be happy, and most importantly trick your brain ;).

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/14/2012 8:47 pm

Interesting info

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/14/2012 9:14 pm

It's very typical on this board for a newcomer to come along and over simplify acne and seemingly patronize what everyone else is doing wrong. Glad that you found what works for YOU but realize that everyone is different and that your suggestions have been posted and re-posted on this site many many times.

For many of us, quitting dairy, living stress free, reducing sugar and all your other suggestions while good has not gotten rid of our acne. It is great that you want to share but in the future you may want to do it with a little tact, not shooting down the choices of others. As for this being the cure for acne.....not likely. There are millions of people with acne, myself included and i can pretty much guarantee that this cure would not work for all of them.

MemberMember
(@volkri25)

Posted : 10/15/2012 6:52 pm

Sasch I do recognize that everyone has a different approach and different results. But I refuse to do, and to watch people live there life like a Christmas list (SUPER LONG) of daily regimens that "work" for them.

I took that approach of taking certain suplements at "x" time and eating only certain few foods. And it did indeed work. But after two months or so I slowly dropped one the parts of the regimen until I was down to something that is very very easy to mantain and live a "NORMAL" life.

We all understand the human body is "complex" and feel that its impossible to figure out. But the two sayings that remain the most important to me this day are, Simplicity works best, and Common sense goes a long way. Think to yourself do you really have to do 20+ certain things to eliminate a problem. This isn't AIDS, and well that even has a simple cure, otherwise Magic Johnson is God himself.

I know im getting a little off topic, but the world is not complex, life itself is not complex, and cures for any illness are not complex. The human brain is the most powerful "thing" that has far more powers then your regimen or my regimen. The cure for acne is out there, its probably something each and every one of us that have "cured" it have done at somewhere between point A and point B.

As far as common sense, milk from a cow is to grow a calf, milk from a human is to grow a baby. Its not meant to eat/consume/drink unless your are a growing individual that needs the excess hormones, aka a few months to a year or two old. The FDA agrees that we do not need to intake diary to get required calcium.

When all is said and done. Acne was nonexistend pre mid 1800's. Find what we changed in the 2 hundreed years, and thats the cure. Alot has to do with ginetic mutations due to diary IMO and therefore eliminating that REGARDLESS of what you or John say would be best.

All in all if someone is happy with what they do by all means continue full strength. But living on a sh**** expensive, tiring, rediculous regimen seems to be a double-edged sword.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/10/2012 4:56 am

Sasch I do recognize that everyone has a different approach and different results. But I refuse to do, and to watch people live there life like a Christmas list (SUPER LONG) of daily regimens that "work" for them.

The truth lies somewhere in between. I agree that some people overdo their acne regimen.

I took that approach of taking certain suplements at "x" time and eating only certain few foods. And it did indeed work. But after two months or so I slowly dropped one the parts of the regimen until I was down to something that is very very easy to mantain and live a "NORMAL" life.

Some people can go into remission for a certain condition. People heal, and fortunately, you did.

We all understand the human body is "complex" and feel that its impossible to figure out. But the two sayings that remain the most important to me this day are, Simplicity works best, and Common sense goes a long way. Think to yourself do you really have to do 20+ certain things to eliminate a problem. This isn't AIDS, and well that even has a simple cure, otherwise Magic Johnson is God himself.

I'm pretty certain if there were no cure for aids, and you had it, you wouldn't find it to be so simple.

I know im getting a little off topic, but the world is not complex, life itself is not complex, and cures for any illness are not complex. The human brain is the most powerful "thing" that has far more powers then your regimen or my regimen. The cure for acne is out there, its probably something each and every one of us that have "cured" it have done at somewhere between point A and point B.

Understandable that your acne went away, and you may be feeling a bit "superhuman." I still don't find it right to try and tell people that their acne can be cured through magical happy thoughts.

As far as common sense, milk from a cow is to grow a calf, milk from a human is to grow a baby. Its not meant to eat/consume/drink unless your are a growing individual that needs the excess hormones, aka a few months to a year or two old. The FDA agrees that we do not need to intake diary to get required calcium.

Preaching to the choir here.

When all is said and done. Acne was nonexistend pre mid 1800's. Find what we changed in the 2 hundreed years, and thats the cure. Alot has to do with ginetic mutations due to diary IMO and therefore eliminating that REGARDLESS of what you or John say would be best.

Did you take some sort of time machine and go back to the 1800s? That's the same idiotic crap that leads people to believe that tribal people live with less disease, or without tooth decay. More generalization from you.

All in all if someone is happy with what they do by all means continue full strength. But living on a sh**** expensive, tiring, rediculous regimen seems to be a double-edged sword.

Some people have jobs or family to support. Not everyone can just toke up because they feel stressed out.

I'm glad that you healed your acne, but seriously, telling people to stop drinking milk, eat veggie pills, and to smoke weed to heal their acne is ridiculous.