Notifications
Clear all

My Epimycin Regimen Worked - Without Oral Medication.

MemberMember
(@nakedskindream)

Posted : 01/29/2012 9:51 am

Hi everyone,

Just to introduce myself, I'm female, almost 30 and have been sufferring from moderate to serious acne since I was 13. I've tried many different things from oral antibiotics to Accutane, to the pill, differin, moor skincare, benzoyl peroxide, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, facials, organic skincare, you name it...I've tried it. However, just a few months ago I used a beauty product that totally destroyed my skin and I had huge cystic acne on my cheeks and it has been hell since.

December - closed comedones + slight acne

January - cystic, pus and blood-filled acne

I have been to the dermatologist since December to get rid of this problem and he recommended chemical peels (1x in 2 weeks) and antibiotics (I did not take this).

I am against any oral medication at this point for health reasons.

Accutane is known to cause depression, liver failure and abnormal pregnancies

Antibiotics really messes with gut and lady's flora

The Pill (Diane-35) is quite unnatural due to the anti-androgen hormone

It's true that skin absorbs anything that you apply on to skin, but research has shown that with clindamycin and adapalene, no traces were found in the bloodstream after application. Or little enough to ignore, or for the body to detox.

I tried the chemical peels but all it did was burn my skin and since I was advised not to use moisturiser, my skin was so dry that it was peeling, red, sore and sometimes bleeding. It was terrible, and the pimples got worse.

I was given Epiduo gel (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide) by the doctor to use, which really didn't help just on its own because it made my skin peel.

--------------------------------------------

THE ORAL MEDICATION FREE REGIMEN - "EPIMYCIN"

First two to three weeks on Epiduo (once at night) - no changes seen, acne got worse. This is expected from adapalene.

Just last week on Wednesday (25 Jan) I did some research. The combination of Adapalene + Clindamycin will significantly improve the condition of the acne - more effective.

On Thursday (26 Jan) I went to purchase a tube of Clindamycin GEL and used it on the night itself.

Within two applications, significant improvement was observed, ie on Saturday!!

WHAT YOU NEED - The Epimycin Regimen

Epiduo

Clindamycin GEL (It must be gel as it helps to provide hydration as well)

Benzoyl Peroxide GEL (5%) - optional

Sheet Face Mask - Hydration

All amounts applied is about a hazelnut size, except for BP

HOW TO APPLY

Daytime: Cleanse face. Apply Benzoyl Peroxide to affected areas, leave on 20 seconds to dry. Apply Clindamycin gel on top of it on entire face. Apply in gentle circular motion

Nighttime: Cleanse face. Tone with alcohol free toner, preferably with witch hazel. Apply Epiduo (in circular motion) around affected areas, not spot but enough to cover the areas of acne. For an example if you have 3 pimples on your cheeks, apply onto entire cheek. Leave on for 2 minutes. This is critical as it lets the Epiduo absorb into the skin. Apply Clindamycin gel (in circular motion) on top Epiduo on entire face. Oil-free moisturiser is optional.

EXTRA THINGS THAT I DID

1. Hydrate ( I did this even before Epimycin regimen)

I realised that the less that I hydrate my skin, the more pimples would erupt.

So what I did was a simple face sheet mask to help calm the skin. Make sure you choose an alcohol free sheet mask.

I normalises my skin, and helps with the tightness and dryness. Skin becomes less red, less itchy and heals faster.

2. Supplements ( I did this even before Epimycin regimen)

Vitamin C - 2grams a day

Purim (Himalaya) - This is good. 2x a day

Vitamin D - 1000iu a day

Evening Primrose Oil - 1g a day (maybe not for men)

3. Hydrate ( I did this even before Epimycin regimen)

I drink about 1.5 to 2 liters of water a day

4. Cover Up

I used BBCream to cover up my marks. If you choose to use one, make sure that it's Oil-Free.

THINGS TO NOTE

Epiduo : It will peel and your skin will be uncomfortable as hell. When showering under warm water, try to rub on skin gently to remove dead skin cells. Treat skin kindly at all times. The clindamycin gel will help to minimise discomfort.

Clindamycin: You must put this on your skin at least 2x a day. It's a topical antibiotic so it helps to kill bacteria just like oral antibiotics... you need a "course" to make sure that the bacteria gets eradicated.

You must hydrate your skin when you can. Doctors are afraid to ask you to hydrate your skin, thinking that it will cause oiliness but it's not entirely true. It's like leather, if you don't put on some lotion it will start to crack. I like to use sheet masks from Korean brands, they are normally quite gentle but most OTC brands carry sheet masks as they gain popularity.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Don't give up!! It has worked so well with me, I barely have any bumps within TWO DAYS.

However, if you've just started on Epiduo, u must be patient with it for the first TWO weeks at least.

I'll keep posting to update you guys about the Epimycin regimen. Let me know if you've tried and it works.

Here's the research that I was talking about http://www.docguide....s-presented-wcd

Adding Adapalene Gel to Clindamycin Helps Patients with Acne Vulgaris

By Jill Stein

Special to DG News

PARIS, FRANCE -- July 3, 2002 -- Adapalene 0.1 percent gel significantly enhances the benefits of topical clindamycin lotion in patients with acne vulgaris, researchers said here on July 2nd at the 20th World Congress of Dermatology (WCD).

Dr. David Kaplan, with Adult and Pediatric Dermatology, Overland Park, Kansas, United States, and colleagues conducted a multicentre, randomised, investigator-blinded, parallel comparison of clindamycin topical lotion, applied twice daily, plus adapalane 0.1 percent gel or gel vehicle, applied once daily, to determine whether an enhanced effect exists with the combination.

The study enrolled 249 patients aged 12 years or older with mild to moderate acne vulgaris; Patients had 10 to 50 inflammatory lesions, 20 to 150 non-inflammatory lesions, and a global acne severity grade between 2 and 8 on the Leeds revised acne grading system.

Patients were randomised to either clindamycin 1 percent lotion and adapalene 0.1 percent gel or clindamycin lotion and adapalene gel vehicle. In the morning, they applied clindamycin lotion. In the evening, they applied the gel and two minutes later they applied clindamycin lotion.

Study products were applied to the face for 12 weeks. Subjects were evaluated at baseline and at weeks 2, 4, 8, and 12.

Results showed that improvement from baseline in total lesion counts, inflammatory lesion counts, non-inflammatory lesion counts, and global severity grade at week 12 were all significantly greater with the clindamycin -adapalene combination (p<0.001).

After 12 weeks of treatment, there was an almost twofold greater decrease in total lesion counts for the adapalene group than for the vehicle control group (46.7 percent versus 25.5 percent).

The difference in total and non-inflammatory lesion counts between the two groups was observed as soon as week 2.

The secondary efficacy analysis for global severity grade was statistically significant beginning at week 8 and maintained statistical significance through week 12 in favor of clindamycin-adapalene combination.

At week 12, subjects treated with the clindamycin-adapalene combination reported less erythema than subjects in the vehicle group; there was no difference between the two groups with respect to local tolerance except for erythema. Overall, the incidence of adverse events was comparable in the two treatment groups.

In addition to the expected effect of a retinoid on non-inflammatory lesions, adapalene has a significant anti-inflammatory effect that enhances the therapeutic action of clindamycin on inflammatory acne lesions, Dr. Kaplan said.

The significantly larger and faster effect on acne lesions obtained by adding adapalene to clindamycin indicates that this combination can be used at the onset of therapy, with no significant tolerability burden, to obtain a better clinical response than that obtained by using the antibiotic alone, he added.

The study was sponsored by Galderma R & D in Cranbury, New Jersey.

Oh, with supplements you must always take Probiotics. It improves your overall immune system. And since you are fighting bacteria, it's recommended that you provide your body with some good probiotics.

Take one to two a day :)

MemberMember
(@poopfacehaha)

Posted : 04/22/2013 7:17 pm

wow thank you! i was wondering how to use my clindamycin and epiduo together because my dermatologist didnt tell me.