MemberMember
(@maya)

Posted : 03/09/2004 10:22 am

LOL!! biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@sweetjade1980)

Posted : 03/13/2004 1:54 am

JC,

Wow, I think I might be fascinated with you, or rather your enthusiasm 😉 I'm thrilled to see you putting so much thought (very important) and effort into this.

Seeing as how you are very determined to kill off parasites & bacteria with the garlic and I'm guessing using the apples to combat the flavor and for it's acidic and healing abilities (anti-pathogenic and stone break down), I thought you might like this:

"In any case of pus-related diseases, said Dr. Edward Shook, such as ulcerations, acne, boils, abscesses, carbuncles, tumors, eczema, psoriasis, lupus, athlete's foot, mastoiditis, necrosis of the bone, syphilitic sores, swollen glands, cancers, sore throat, infected wounds, and various ulcers, as well as any other disease that supports that creation of pus, you should use what he called a "magic remedy," consisting of: 2 quarts apple cider, 8 ounces fresh garlic juice, 1 ounce freshly grated horseradish. "

http://www.herbsfirst.com/NewsLetters/1102apples.html

(talks more about the wonder that is the apple)

As you can see, it contains this recipe which I believe is very similar to the one a man at GNC gave me a few years ago, but I thought there was "no way" I could ever drink that to clear my acne 😉 Although the recipe I recieved was Garlic, Apples, and Horseradish mixed in a blender that you drink (not apply on the skin). So either they both work or something got lost in the translation.

Also, I recieved my package from Sunrise Farms, so if you live near them you might want to get your products from there since it's a bit cheaper than from Sensible Health. Essentially if you can figure out what the percentages are, you could make your own Chinese Bitters. I know the main ingredient is Genitan Root and some Buplerum. Both of which you can purchase seperately in tincture form. However the pricing seemed to come out to be the same, so I gave up on that one since you can't beat an 8oz bottle that lasts for 1 year at around $20 U.S.! Since you don't have to worry about Shipping and handling you've really got a good deal going for you =P

Keep us updated,

SJ

MemberMember
(@frances)

Posted : 03/13/2004 2:15 am

jc tongue.gif an impressive level of dedication and research going on. Thanks for sharing all your info. Good luck with the flush/cleanse. B) I sense you'll never want to drink apple juice again.

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 03/13/2004 4:13 am

SJ --

Thanks for your encouragement, and thanks again for the info!

frances --

I appreciate the kudos! Yep, I laid out my protocol in such a way that I hope that others may be able to follow it, or at least, use it as a guideline. No two flushes are done the same way.

Apple juice rocks!!! Oh wait...... ::throws up:: wink.gif

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 03/19/2004 8:40 am

9 DAYS OF PREPARATION FOR FLUSH #1

Updated May 24th: Due to the fact that the board was hacked into, and me not wanting to re-enter everything in for a 3rd time, I'll just break down my pre-flush #1 outline as follows:

• *Took a total of

9 days to prepare my body for my first flush

*Took a number of P&B shakes (working my way up to about 3-4 per day)

*Ate a lot of parasite killing foods

*Changed my diet and lifestyle

FLUSHING DAY - Flush #1 (Friday March 19th)

Some thoughts: Hooah! (Al Pacino style) Excited, yet nervous. I have all my goods ready to roll. I never used the standalone black walnut tincture I bought...maybe after the flush. Not gonna use a castor oil pack tonight...just some hot packs and a heating blanket. Still gotta go to school tho...might as well workout afterwards. Wish me luck!

• *8:20am - Took 1/2

P&B shake - I almost forgot it!

*10:00am - Took P&B shake with apple juice after class

*10:30am - 30 mins on elliptical, stretching, Tai chi - exercise is important to stimulate the liver

*12:00pm - Took P&B shake with apple juice

*2:00pm - Took just apple juice - lots of it. Last one!!!

*2:30pm - Mixed epsom salts into apple juice - I just HAD to see how it tasted in water. So I tried...kinda funky

*4:30pm - Dang I'm thirsty and starving. Just taking small sips of water.

*6:00pm - Uuuuuuuuuuuugggggh. So, so......so nasty. Took one serving epsom salts in apple juice - I just HAD to brush my teeth after to get rid of the taste

*8:00pm - AAAH!!!!!! KILL KILL KILL!!! EPSOMS!!!!! - need I say more?

*9:15pm - Ok! I'm all prepared! Got my bucket, gloves, container, olive oil concoction all set and done (only one grapefruit was needed to make 3/4 cup! Yeesh. I went out and bought 9!). Now i'm gonna go shower, and get ready for bed. I wonder if I can brush my teeth after. Updates in the morning! G'nite everyone

*9:40pm - Last update! I've mixed my olive oil + grapefruit concoction now. I've also added some black walnut tincture as suggested by Clark. Here goes nothing! See you in the morning.

MemberMember
(@sally)

Posted : 03/19/2004 10:01 am

GOOD LUCK JC!

I bet you can't wait to see those stones!! biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 03/20/2004 9:31 am

Thanks Sally!

POST-FLUSH #1 - DAY 1

Some thoughts: Good morning! Wow I couldn't sleep last night. Let's do a timeline starting from the early morning.

12:20am - I laid on my right side from 1030pm with a hot water bottle and electric heating blanket warming up my body. I could not even catch a wink cause I'm not used to sleeping on my side. After 10:30pm, I laid down on my back and continued with the heating gadgets.

*12:30am - I felt a lot of rumbling in my tummy, sounded like gases and things moving about. That's a good sign, I read, and I felt the need to go to relieve myself. Julia's site reads that you can pass anywhere from midnight day 2 up to day 4 (and beyond probably). I didn't know if I wanted to get up though, because that might've disrupted the flow process. Oh well! Nothing came out. sad.gif Just bile and some water. Disappointed, I returned to bed.

*1:30am - I'm still up! You know, it wasn't so much that I was feeling nauseated or sick...I was feeling a-ok. Thing is, my mind must've been going a mile a minute cause I kept having visions of shooting out boulders of gallstones and having my face totally clear. As if! That's just my dream.

*1:45am - I went downstairs to rest on the couch (on my right side) with no heating elements and watched pirates of the caribbean. Good movie. My little Jack russell followed me and took up valuable couch space.

*2:30am - By now I'm getting exhausted. Lack of food and no energy. I returned to my bedroom and just used my heating blanket. The water got cold by now. I managed to fall asleep at about 3:00am.

*6:30am - I'm up! Gosh. Still have 1.5 hours to go before the first epsom salt solution. I am not looking forward to that. I'm gonna have my toothbrush in hand when I down that sucker.

*8:00am - Epsom salt solution is downed. I'm kinda afraid that nothing is gonna come outta me. After all this hard work, toil, and sacrifice, I don't wanna be the small percentage that gets nothing out on the first flush. That would suck. I'm wondering if I should even try heading for the washroom.

*8:30am - My sister inquires about the rubber gloves, bucket, plastic bags, and containers in our washroom. She cringes. =;

*9:00am - Pass #1 - I finally get the courage to use the washroom and...whammo!!!! Woohoo!!! As I was passing, I could feel the difference. It didn't feel like the water/liquids I've been passing for the past 36 hours, however, didn't feel as though I was passing massive ones like on the site. I got some out! No pain at all. About 15-20 verrrrry small green floating suckers

*9:45am - Pass #2 - HOOAH HOOAH!!! My stomach was a' grumblin' and I could feel my stomach working. I passed probably 90-100 stones I couldn't fish them all out, cause there were just too many small little ones and the whole bowl was greenish. Yah yah! I'm pumped! biggrin.gif/

*10:00am - Took final epsom salt solution - FINALLY. And it's time to eat!!! Also took P&B shake in apple juice (I fearapple juice now...thanks epsoms) Also had a nice vegetable salad and chicken broth.

*10:30am - Pass #3 - Nothing. Just liquids and bile. sad.gif

*10:50am - Pass #4 - About 20 more decent sized ones really matter that much, because the malic acid/GCG breaks them down anyways right? Plus, you can't count the small ones, there are just too many. Otherwise, I've already passed 10000! wink.gif

*10:55am - Pass #5 - Wow! I got another big one out, slightly larger than the last big one, along with 10-20 small ones.

*11:10am - Pass #6 - I could a swore that tons were coming out, but I only got a single one. I thought that it might've been calcified stones (they sink), but nothing! Oh well.

*11:30am - Took acidopilus probiotic. Making some broccoli and snow peas for lunch. Gotta take P&B shake or laxative soon.

*12:00pm - Oh yeeeeeeah. I'm feeling tons better now with some food in my tummy. Along with the vegetables, I also took my raw garlic and apple juice.

*12:10pm - Pass #7 - Again, felt like a lot, but only got a few. I got another big one

*1:30pm - Ok, passing has slowed down now. Just took a P&B shake in prune juice. The prune juice for the extra laxative punch. I'm itching to get these stones analyzed tho.

*1:50pm - Another pass - Passed my BIGGEST one so far plus 5 more

*7:00pm - I'm feeling great! Never had any negative symptoms at all ::knocks on wood:: I'm not passing any more stones right now though, so it looks like this is it. Now onto the recover stage. biggrin.gif

Results of LIVER FLUSH #1

SEVEN STONES!!!!!

user posted image

I hope you can see that I'm kidding. Otherwise...ouch

Just wanted to post a test pic. I do have real pics of my first liver flush where I got out approximately 150 stones, but I think people would get grossed out and never return. wink.gif Liver flush #2 - April 2nd!

MemberMember
(@leonidas)

Posted : 03/21/2004 12:59 am

Wow good job man, you did it. I'm sure its rewarding in an odd way fishing around the toilet for the stones =)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/26/2004 8:06 pm

HUGE article on Skin brushing:

http://www.racingsmarter.com/skin_brushing.htm

Complete Dry-Brushing Article:

http://www.celtic-seasalt.com/comdrybrusar.html

Cheers!

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 03/27/2004 12:51 am

C'est pas de probleme Tracy, mon ami!

Ok everyone! I'm feeling great! I'm doing daily enemas to flush out the rest of the toxins and I'm keeping daily maintenance of fiber shakes and probiotics. Besides the small breakout I got after the flush, my skin is doing tres bon! Next schedule liver flush: April 2nd / 2004. BOOYAH.

The next step.......My brown marks!!!!!! sad.gif I received my TCA complex just a few days ago, and just today, I finished reading all 63 pages of the Perfect Complexion TCA Complex thread and, again, I compiled up all the important information I need. Thing is...I still don't know what I'm doing! I'm gonna keep a log of my experience anyways k? biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@smilingeyes)

Posted : 03/31/2004 9:08 pm

Wow, I am impressed! You have updated and organized your processes so well that its well......kinda scary! Impressive tho'. biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 04/01/2004 1:15 pm

Thank you very much Nancy! biggrin.gif

TCA COMPLEX #1 - Summary

I've cut down my log book...pisses me off!

I still have spots of skin that are still flaking off (mostly my forehead and chin area), but the worst is over. I'm using a lot of moisturizer now to hide the flakiness. It was definitely a rewarding experience! Remember as a kid, when you would pour glue over your finger, let it dry, then have fun peeling it off afterwards? This is exactly what this is like! biggrin.gif

I can't believe that I was off my regimen for 6 days. I did have 2 breakouts though. sad.gif One on my forehead and one on my cheek. Could've been worse! They should go away soon.

What I Did

• - Applied

5 applications

- I found that the fingertip was more effective and less wasteful than the papertowel and the q-tip. My finger peeled too, but it's no biggie. However, the q-tip was great for spot treating.

- Used only moisturizer and sunscreen during the procedure.

- Maintained healthy diet to ensure less chance of breakouts

What I did to help expidite the peeling/sloughing

• *Washed with warm water, then used fingertip to rub all over flaky areas (effectiveness (9/10)

*Julie's microcrystals & TCA cleanser in a mix, and "sandpapered" face (effectiveness 7/10)

*Warm-Hot showers (effectiveness (7-10)

*Face Steaming (effectiveness 7/10)

*Papaya & Pineapple enzyme mask (effectiveness 5/10)

*Tweezers might be a good idea

Peel Breakdown

• Day 1, 2 -----> No noticeable changes

Day 3, 4 -----> Skin noticeably tighter and darker. Especially when smiling. Looks like leather.

Day 5 --------> Skin begins to peel ever so slightly

Day 6 --------> Skin peels a lot more. This is my "stay home day"!!! At night, removed 80% of dead skin

Day 7 --------> 90% peeled, and feeling better. wink.gif Back on regimen...baby steps.

Final Results

• *Hyperpigmentation marks 15-20% lighter

*Pores on nose seem slightly less prominent.

*Icepick scar on nose...less deep? Yes, this could all be wishful thinking, but I did spot treat that scar with a q-tip moreso than other areas

*Face feels super smooth!

*Diagnosis: I like it!

TIPS & WARNINGS

• *DON'T PICK at the skin! That is, if it doesn't come off easily.

*Frosting layer of skin was actually the easiest and fastest to peel!

*Keep your face well moisturized

*Always use a sunscreen. Especially after your face peels. This is new skin we're talking about here

*If you use your finger to apply solution, your finger will peel too!

MemberMember
(@maya)

Posted : 04/02/2004 3:18 pm

JC - I Love your enthusiasm!!! You RULE!! biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 04/02/2004 4:10 pm

Thank you Maya dear! I have you to thank for much of my new found knowledge. biggrin.gif Everyone here rocks!!!

LIVER FLUSH #2 - Preparation

I've taken tips from Shelleycat's liver flushing protocol. She's the queen on curezone! http://www.curezone.com/forums/m.asp?f=424&i=2937 Thus I've changed up my flush procedure ever-so slightly. I like change! Maybe I'll get out more stones...maybe less. Who knows?

Things I did differently:

• *Did two

coffee enemas in the past two nights (last flush - no enemas)

*Day before flush --> No fasting. Ate easily digestable things and no-fat (last flush - fasted)

*Day of flush --> also did not fast. Drinking chicken broth right now! (last flush - fasted)

*Took magnesium citrate. It tastes just like sprite!!! Yum! (last flush - epsom salts in apple juice. Nasty!)

*Nearly 2/3 cup olive oil and 1 cup grapefruit juice (last flush - 1/2 cup oo and 3/4 cup gj)

*Did not add dose of black walnut tincture to olive oil mix (I forgot!)

*Slept on my back (last flush - on my side)

*No hot water bottle. Just heating blanket (last flush - both used together)

*Going to do a detox bath tonight!

LIVER FLUSH #2 - Results

Noticeable Changes since Last Flush:

• *My tummy has been making gurgling sounds all day. <_< Definitely due to the

magnesium citrate. Not worrying though.

*5:00pm - did a salt water flush. My gosh that's a lot of (sea salt) water!!!

*11:30pm - Did a detox bath. Interesting.

*Final results:-no real stones this time. sad.gif

*The magnesium citrate tasted ok! 1000x better than epsoms. Some don't use anything at all. I'll have to think about this the next time

*Also, I should consider doing a real parasite killing in the near future

*All in all, I'm doing fine! I'm going to keep my spirits up and look forward to the next flush! Chin up! biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@orochian)

Posted : 04/05/2004 12:16 am

Keep up the great work jc! I'll be starting my regimens of TCA Peels and live flush soon, so I'm definitely curious about how it's progressing for you! wink.gif

MemberMember
(@el-sol)

Posted : 04/15/2004 1:26 am

JC great information and testimony, just wanted to compliment your willingless to be our guinea pig :otongue.gif Keep up with your regimen and especially your log. biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 04/16/2004 9:05 pm

Thanks El Sol! biggrin.gif

LIVER FLUSH #3 - Preparation

Things I did differently:

• *Did two regular enemas two nights in a row. NOT coffee.

*NO LAXATIVES today (no epsoms, SWF, nor mag cit).

*Lots of apple juice and half fasted.

*Added a dash of lemon juice to my Olive oil + grapefruit mix. I didn't have enough grapefruit.

*Stopped eating at 2pm

*No exercising though...rats!

*SWF for tommorow morning!

*Had to pick up sister at subway station at 12am (i.e. wasn't lying down)

*Didn't sleep until 3am, typing away on my computer

Thanks for the props Blueeyedbia! biggrin.gif

LIVER FLUSH #3 - Results

Changes to the Flush:

• *Did a Salt Water Flush in the morning. I can really feel it gurling!

*D'oh! Forgot to add Black Walnut Tincture to OO mixture. <_< Oh well.

*By 11:30am the SWF has pretty much worn off.

*Total stone count: ~200 stones! How some people claim to get thousands of stones in one flush is beyond me. I don't believe. <_<

*I didn't use epsoms or magnesium citrate this time! Still a good flush! Sweet. user posted image

*Did a TCA complex peel in conjunction with this flush. Killed two birds with one stone

*Thus far, is my best flush yet! biggrin.gif

*Next full moon: May 4th...next flush date? Hmm... user posted image

MemberMember
(@wally)

Posted : 04/17/2004 1:28 am

Hope this latest flush goes well smile.gif

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 05/27/2004 1:25 pm

jc's Face Masks

What I like, and what I've tried

Bentonite Clay + Apple Cider Vinegar + Lavender Oil + Emu Oil

Details to come...

Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask

Details to come...

Jason Natural Stuff Papaya & Pineapple Enzyme Mask

Details to come...

Proactiv Sulphur Mask

No longer use it. Details to come.

(real) Cucumber mask

Details to come...

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 06/01/2004 11:27 pm

jc's PRODUCT REVIEWS

I've only been on this board for a few months, but I've tried more things recently that I have my entire life! These comments are my own, through my own experience, and for my own skin! Note that I have asian skin.

Things I like or have tried

->Derma Soleil Natural Sunblock

->Spectrum Essentials Coconut Oil - facial moisturizer

An excellent all-natural night time moisturizer. Most store made moisturizers contain lots of water which has a temporary moisturizing effect. You need to have a good at night moisturizer, or else the moisturizing effect will wear off during the night. (For the ladies: it's suposed to be a good hair conditioner too!) It makes my face look like a oil trap waiting to happen, but it works great! (Thanks Amoira!)

Read more about it here: http://www.coconut-info.com/virgin_coconut...r_your_skin.htm

->Sisal Mitt for dry-skin Brushing - skin brushing stimulates toxic and overworked glands, promoting toxin elimination and, at the same time reinstates these glands to return to a proper functioning state of health. Dry skin brushing is great for cleansing our lymph nodes. It's great to do before a shower, so we get a chance to wash away all of the dead skin cells we loosen up. Our skin is our largest organ and is responsible for expelling 1/4 of our toxins! It's a good idea to keep the entire body clean. Not just our face. Click here for an excellent article

How to use it: "Brush vigorously the stomach and chest - clockwise, long strokes on extremeties, circular on joints. Pay special attention to under the arms, as there is an important nerve nexus there".

(Here's a graph of our lymph system)

Two good links here:

HUGE article on Skin brushing:

http://www.racingsmarter.com/skin_brushing.htm

Complete Dry-Brushing Article:

http://www.celtic-seasalt.com/comdrybrusar.html

->White Vinegar + Lemon - Facial Toner

I got the tip from somebody on another board to try lemon on the face. Our face is supposed to be acidic, so this is where this toner comes in. It's hard to say if it really does anything, but it sure does make it smell better! This combo is just about the same as ACV, but the smell is easier to take. I use it once in the morning and night, and sometimes in the afternoon.

->Desert Essence Castile Liquid Soap with 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil - Just trying out an all natural facial cleanser as opposed to pharmacy ones. This one contains castile soap, coconut oil, olive oil and tea tree oil. This all-natural thing is fun, plus, it's actually cheaper than buying pharmaceutical stuff. This cleanser does it's job well, but who can really tell with cleansers right? It is easy to lather, and makes my face squeaky clean. I wonder if it slows down hyperpigmentation though...hmm...

->Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser

Pretty good. Big bottle. Does it's job. It contains 'sodium lauryl sulfate' though, and is purported to break people out. I'm not sure though. Seems ok to me.

->Twinlab Na-PCA Spray non-oily

Nice little spray moisturizer to have handy. I don't use it that often anymore (my skin isn't that dry), but it was fun to use. You don't have to use your hands as you just spritz it onto your face. I added a few drops of tea tree and lavender oil too.

->Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

I tried this out as many people were raving about it on this board and other boards. It was very cheap anyways. It's supposed to be good for drying up pimples, blackheads, and shrinking up pores. It feels very *minty* when on the skin, and it feels great after you wash it off! It's a huge bottle, and definitely worth the price.

->Kalaya's Emu Oil (pure)

Fairly expensive, and picked up in my health food store. It doesn't smell that much like chicken (from what I heard about skinbiology brand), and it goes on real nice. It has transdermal properties, which makes it a carrier oil, which helps to absorb further into the skin. It feels real nice and makes a good night mositurizer.

->Jason's Natural Stuff 100% Tea Tree Oil

It was slightly cheaper than Plantations and Desert Essence, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. This stuff smells very strong, but nice. I hear it's great for active breakouts and your skin in general. It's a good essential oil to add to other things.

->Aromaforce Lavender Oil

Just picked this up for fun at my health food store. It's great to go along with a Bentonite Clay + Apple Cider Vinegar mask. (Thanks Blueeyedbia!) Another good essential oil.

->TCA Complex

I like using this for my hyperpigmentation (brown) marks, as the downtime isn't too bad, and it gives me decent, yet steady, results.

->Jason Natural Stuff Papaya & Pineapple Enzyme Mask

Supposed to be good for eating away dead skin, but I found that it didn't do much. I heard from a long time user that they've changed formulas, and have unfortunately made it less effective. While inexpensive, I probably won't get it again. I'm going to look for real organic papaya soap.

Things I've stopped using

->Malt Vinegar - 5% acetic acid

A Skin toner. I've been using the ACV vinegar for quite some time now. I switched over for one day, and didn't like it at all. The smell made me think of fries, and it made my face sticky! I'm sticking to ACV or white vinegar.

->Proactiv Solution

I tried this about 7 years ago, back in my high school days, and it didn't seem to do anything for me. In all fairness, I really skimped on the amount of BP I used, because it was so danged expensive!!! Also, back in those days, it was an salicylic acid toner, as opposed to the glycolic acid they use today. In all, I'm sure that it works fine if you use enough (like Dan's regimen), but it's very, very pricey to keep up.

->Neutrogena 2.5% BP

This is the very first thing that I tried when I joined this site, and for me, it worked great from day 1. I smeared lots of it on my face, and the next day, it was already suppressing my breakouts, and existing big ones. But at $9 cdn a tube, I found it very costly.

->Acne Statin

Can somebody say, "Informercial Rip-off" for me please? I tried this before pro-activ (7 years ago), and the informercials looked so promising. It too, was expensive (duties & tax as well), and I reordered it soooo many times. It was only recently I found out that they were a scam company, and were sued for a lot of money. Funny thing is, their website is still up and running. Go figure.

->Retin-A 0.05% Treitenoin Cream + Benzac 5% BP wash

I was given this combo to try (wasn't mine), and I only did it for about two weeks. It says that it takes 6-8 weeks to show effectiveness, but I couldn't wait that long! At that time, I didn't know much about skin products or much else, but in any case, I was very discouraged by the slow progress this gave me.

->Clean & Clear Continuous Control 5% BP Wash

Pretty good BP wash, as it was very convenient to use, especially at the gym.

->Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub 2% salicylic acid

Good to use in conjuncunction with the C&CCC 5% BP wash. It helped to keep me under fairly good control. The microbeads (supposed to be an exfoliator) were pretty neat, and I liked 'em! Both of these products last a long time, and is well worth the money.

->Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer

Not too expensive, and I'm sure it does it's job. I think it left me looking too greasy faced for a morning moisturizer though.

->Cetaphil Moisturizing Suncreen SPF15

It's an ok moisturizer. Goes on ok, but could be leaving me greasy(?). Hard to say. I hear that these types of sunscreens are actually no good for your skin in the long run. I'm going to do more research later.

Things I'm going to use later

->ParaGONE parasite cleanser - It's about time I got one of these! After my 1 year+ stay in the depths of China, I'm sure that I picked up some nasty things. I found this one on sale, so I just couldn't resist. I'm still going to go ahead with my liver flush this coming Friday, then I'll start this parasite cleanse immediately after. 15 days on, 5 days off, 15 days on, done. I'd better read more about it on the curezone parasite forums (Parasite cleanse start date: ?)

More to come later...

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 06/08/2004 10:00 pm

jc ON THE IMPORTANCE OF SUNBLOCK

->We SHOULD be wearing sunblock/sunscreen all year round!

What's the difference between sunscreen and sunblock?

Sunscreens absorb the UV rays and prevent penetration through the skin (examples are parsol, benzophenones, avobenzone).

Sunblocks create a barrier that reflects UV light (examples are zinc oxide, titanium dioxide).

Ref: http://www.cancer.ca/ccs/internet/standard...ngId-en,00.html

What are the main ingredients we should be looking for in a good sunblock?

Zinc oxide & Titanium dioxide Aaaoe a highly reflective mineral, non-irritating, non-comedogenic, micronized by forming many small micro particles for cosmetic use. Zinc oxide blocks more UVR than any other single ingredient. Warning: Some people may be allergic to these ingredients. Do a test patch first!

"Chemical sunscreens" may be harmful to us, as free radical generators. It now appears that many heavily-used chemical sunscreens may actually increase cancers by virtue of their free radical generating properties. And more insidiously, many commonly used sunscreen chemicals have strong estrogenic actions that may cause serious problems in sexual development and adult sexual function, and may further increase cancer risks.

Read more here:

http://www.skinbiology.com/toxicsunscreens.html

http://www.natural-health-information-cent...oxybenzone.html

What are UVA and UVB rays? (Sunlight consists of two harmful rays)

UVA rays (which pass through window glass) penetrate deeper into the dermis, or base layer of the skin. They also contribute to sunburns and skin cancer. UVB rays are the sunAaas burning rays (which are blocked by window glass) and are the primary cause of sunburn and skin cancer.

Both UVA and UVB rays can cause suppression of the immune system which helps to protect you against the development and spread of skin cancer.

Why do some people hyperpigment due to sun exposure?

Hyperpigmentation is a common, usually harmless condition in which patches of skin become darker in color than the normal surrounding skin. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin. Hyperpigmentation can affect the skin color of people of any race.

Age or "liver" spots are a common form of hyperpigmentation. They occur due to sun damage, and are referred to by doctors as solar lentigines. These small, darkened patches are usually found on the hands and face or other areas frequently exposed to the sun.

Read more here: http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_dise...gmentation.html

________________________________________________________________________________

Some Researched Facts:

• *The FDA found that an SPF over 30 does not significantly increase protection. An SPF 10 gets about 85%. An SPF 15 stops about 95% and an SPF 30 stops about 97%. SPF 30 is

not twice as effective as SPF 15.

*Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States, with over 1 million new diagnoses every year.

*The American Academy of Dermatology estimates that in this year alone 51,400 Americans will be diagnosed with melanoma Aaa the deadliest form of skin cancer.

*Most shirt material has a sun protection factor (SPF) of only three to six. That means if you are out for three to six hours, covered with shirt material, you will get one hour of burning rays.

*You can still burn on a cloudy day! Why? Sometimes the cloud formations are just right to scatter, reflect, re-reflect and focus the sun's rays on the surface of the earth. Remember that clouds screen out only 20% of the UVB! 80% of the sun's ultraviolet rays pass through clouds.

In the Sun Tips:

• *If going out for more than 20 minutes, use sunscreen!

*Sunblock should be applied at least 30 minutes before sun exposure and should be generously slathered on and rubbed into the skin. Don't forget your ears!

*The FDA recommends reapplying sunscreen every two hours.

*Avoid the sun during the middle of the day, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the atmosphere absorbs less of the harmful UV rays of sunlight than earlier or later in the day.

*Reapply sunscreen as needed after swimming, sweating or towel drying.

*Use sunscreen even on cloudy days.

*Wear a wide-brimmed hat, loose protective clothing, and sunglasses.

*Lips can get sunburned too. Find a lip balm that contains sunscreen.

Important links:

• The Chemical Health Sunscreen Disaster - Click

here

FDA Will Require Sunscreen Label Changes - Click here

The FDA on 7 steps to safer sunning - Click here

Skin cancer information and Sunscreens - Click here

Sunscreen facts - Click here

Always do your own research! Stop blindly buying sunscreen products based on brand name, or advertising. Start doing label checks!

MemberMember
(@oursfan)

Posted : 06/20/2004 10:36 pm

I finally read your "story" and I am impressed with all the work you put into this. biggrin.gif You rock!

MemberMember
(@doopie)

Posted : 06/25/2004 8:48 pm

Go JC, Go JC, Go JC!

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 06/26/2004 12:28 pm

Thank you Oursfan & Doopie! smile.gif Maybe I will go. And never come back! 😉

LIVER FLUSH #5

SOOOO freakin' lax this time. I barely did any preparation...mentally nor physically. The salt water flush was nastier than ever...I practically hurled more than half of it nearing the end. I'm going to have to reconsider using the 'sprite' tasting magnesium citrate from now on.

I guess it's true what they say. You only really go hardcore when desperate times call for desperate measures. I just hope that this flush helps to stave away any more future breakouts and helps with healing times.

Total stone count = 25 (so low!)

I certainly didn't put as much effort into it as I used to. My mind has been very pre-occupied these days.

Planning on doing a 12.5% TCA peel when I can.