Notifications
Clear all

Do I have rosacea? Pictures included

MemberMember
(@jackec)

Posted : 08/27/2018 1:05 pm

About a year ago give or take a month or two my nose started to become very red and irritated. My nose has never been red/pinkish before although I think the skin on my nose was always quite shiny. 

Anyhow, my skin does redden considerably when it is cold and spreads to my cheeks. My nose is constantly red non-stop or a light pinkish in colour. I used to squeeze the spots on my nose and push my nose upwards to get out excess sebum that stayed there. I have very oily skin, I have lots of sebum under the skin and a considerable amount of blackheads on my nose. I can usually get up to about 5/6 whiteheads around the side of my nose and under my nose also. Under my nostrils my skin is very dry and often irritated. 

I'm nearly certain I have hormonal acne on my chin but it has gotten much better due to my continued use of Salicylic Acid. I've tried lots of products over the time and I'm kind of stuck now on what I should be using. I think I have some cystic acne or acne trapped under the skin on my nose that just won't surface. I haven't consulted a doctor or dermatologist before.

IMG_20180827_185342.jpg

IMG_20180827_185401.jpg

IMG_20180827_185422.jpg

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 09/15/2018 9:57 am

I dont think its rosacea, but maybe irritation from acne. What are you currently using? Do you find its helping or making it worse?

MemberMember
(@jackec)

Posted : 10/01/2018 1:40 pm

On 15/09/2018 at 3:57 PM, klessard said:

I dont think its rosacea, but maybe irritation from acne. What are you currently using? Do you find its helping or making it worse?

Well I've always used alot of different things, currently I'm using a prescribed Bsnzoyl Peroxide treatment and I have a Neutrogena Spot Clear Daily Wash with salicylic acid, but my nose can still get reddish.

I think my nose is extremely sensitive because if I even rub it lightly it tends to redden and takes a considerable amount of time to stop. Also, when it's cold my nose goes extremely red, alot more than a normal persons would. I was looking into using Cosrx products as I've heard some good things about them being good for sensitive skin.