Notifications
Clear all

Did Accutane produce rosacea?

MemberMember
(@raf97)

Posted : 02/27/2016 1:21 pm

Hey! I'm on accutane since 5 months ago and I still have to take the pills for at least another month. However, by month 3 I started having strange episodes on my face. At one point of the day my cheecks start to be red and I feel a burn sensation. This situation normally lasts 1 hour and half, more and less. It happens at least once a day, but very often it happens more times. I don't know if it is rosacea, I don't get anymore pimples and I don't have any other side effect, but this sucks and it's terrible to see (moreover, I also have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and when my skin starts to be red it seems horrible!!) What is it? How can I defeat it? Could accutane produce this situation?

oli girl liked
MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 05/03/2016 1:03 am

raf97- I am not sure if you still come on acne.org, but you are not alone with Accutane induced flushing. I advise you to look at this link and browse Lamarr1986 posts amongst others! I wish I had an answer, but I don't.
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/193804-post-accutaneminocycline-facial-flushing/