Notifications
Clear all

Orange Peel Texture

MemberMember
(@brittnynicole)

Posted : 05/06/2015 1:40 am

I'm totally lost and depressed at this point I think the problem happened after my use of epiduo but basically I have a wrinkly orange peel looking texture on my cheeks ... After I exfoliate my skin looks raw& shiny for about two days then it actually looks good but then after a while it builds up a lot of dead skin on my cheeks but honestly I'd pick the dead skin build up over the raw looking old skin but still I'm at a lost on what to do..the build up is so apparent on my cheeks and nose but if I exfoliate they look raw and shiny I've tried gently wiping but it still causes irritation and I'm scared to try chemical exfoliation...what do I do I hate being locked up I my room..if it helps I'm 20 years old..and I've been off epiduo for maybe 2 years and still experience this problem but I have to say I never get pimples but I'd rather take acne over this bad texture ...

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 05/07/2015 1:25 pm

Hey,

My skin is similar. You could try using a plain old washcloth for exfoliation. I'd try using a cleanser with it that has zinc in it. That helps calm orange peel-ness and mattify it. This works well

http://www.garnierusa.com/products/skincare/cleanplus/sensitive-skin/clarifying-cleansing-gel.aspx

You could also try finding a scrub that has zinc in it. I find the Garnier scrubs to be really crappy. They all contain sodium laureth sulfate which is terrible for your skin. You could try using a zinc moisturizer, too. But I bet you have best luck with the washcloth and that cleanser. For the wrinkly texture, you could try hyaluronic acid. It naturally occurs in the skin and kind of acts as a skin plumper. Some products have it in it but I buy serum on amazon. But you are young and I bet that problem resolves itself and sounds like a result of your skin reacting to product or over exfoliation.

I don't usually really like Garnier and try to use more natural brands but that's the only cleanser I've tried with zinc so I know at least that works. Other products with zinc may have the same effect. The cleanser I mentioned is pretty amazing for orange peel texture or large pores.

***I also forgot to mention glycolic acid. You might look into that. Right now I use 10% oil free treatment by Alpha Hydrox but for over 10 years I just used Kiss My Face's peaches and cream moisturizer which only has 4%. I really like that particular one because it's not chemical and comes from fruit. Even if you just slept in it that would help build up and keep your pores clean. You can usually find it at natural health food stores. It comes in small, cheaper sizes, too.

http://www.kissmyface.com/natural-body-products/item/30/Peaches---Cr%C3%A8me-2n1-Deep-Moisturizing-Lotion

MemberMember
(@sar9876)

Posted : 10/11/2015 5:01 pm

I think a lot of the texture is from deeper swelling/inflammation. It will go away when you get your skin under control. You can't 'scrub' it off because it involves deeper layers and fluid. See my other post bc I think you have to work on this from the inside.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 11/09/2015 2:39 pm

I've used Epiduo before and never had any problems luckily. My skin did get a little dry from it sometimes so i would do a hydrating mask 3 times a week with regular ol jergens cold cream until the dryness went away. I would put a cherry sized dollop on my face and massage it in for about a minute, let set on face as long as I felt like and wipe off with a warm wash cloth. The cold cream never broke me out and still doesnt. Before i started Epiduo i just used cold cream and it really helped my skin a lot.

Lactic acid might be a good option too. I've used every type of chemical exfoliant besides lactic acid and have heard that its very gentle yet effective.

Dont let your skin get you down! Go out and have fun!