Notifications
Clear all

Help Me Choose A Facial Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@bumpsbumps)

Posted : 02/28/2015 12:35 pm

Hi There,

I am new here and thought you could help me pick my next facial mositurizer. I have been blessed with Pustular Rosacea on my nose so everything tends to clog my pores and makes me break out. Last few weeks, I have been testing Cetaphil Lotion and Cetaphil Advance but both tend to clog my pores. If that wasn't good enough, I also have facial psoriasis so my cheeks, neck, eyebrows tend to be very dry and flaky. I use prescrip creams for both my conditions at night (Azelaic Acid for Rosacea & Tacrolimus for Psoriasis).

I need a non-comedogenic facial mositurizer for morning use without sunscreen. I have narrowed down on Cetaphil Restoraderm, Cerave PM Lotion and Neutrogena Oil Free Mositurizer for Combination skin. However, both Cetaphil Restoraderm and Cerave PM have Capryliuc Triglycerides as the 3rd ingredient and my reaserch suggests that this ingredient can clog pores. Does anybody know if this is true? How about Neutrogena Oil Free Mositure then?

MemberMember
(@bumpsbumps)

Posted : 02/28/2015 10:41 pm

Anybody?

MemberMember
(@bumpsbumps)

Posted : 03/05/2015 5:47 am

Try CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. The company also sells an AM lotion, but it has sunscreen. There is no need to mess around with it.

The Cerave Moisturizing Lotion contains the combination of Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, but don't worry. I, as well as many other acne-prone individuals, use this lotion with success. Don't judge a product by its ingredients. Try it and see what it does for your skin.

Thanks. I just placed an order for Cerave PM Lotion and plan to use it twice a day as I don't wnat to use sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 10/26/2015 5:34 pm

Have you tried clean and clear dual action moisturizer,oil free ?