Notifications
Clear all

Will Laser Take Away My Ruddy Complexion?

MemberMember
(@numerousfact)

Posted : 10/01/2013 9:04 pm

Hey all,

I HATE my angry, red, ruddy complexion! Will laser safely take away my angry, red, ruddy complexion?

I have had enough.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 10/01/2013 9:12 pm

I really recommend Aveno positively radiant spf 30, i have the same problem i been using this for about 3 weeks and my skin looks alot better ^.^ 4 reals ! :D

MemberMember
(@numerousfact)

Posted : 10/01/2013 9:35 pm

I am looking for something that will work permanently. I am in my early 50s and am looking for years of sun damage.

I am using sun screen which helps little, just not enough.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/01/2013 11:44 pm

I am looking for something that will work permanently. I am in my early 50s and am looking for years of sun damage.

I have had about 15 laser treatments of the two lasers that are supposed to be best for general redness, and have noticed very little difference.

The current technology is much better at removing real thick purple veins or dark spots than small red spider veins or diffuse redness.

MemberMember
(@numerousfact)

Posted : 10/02/2013 7:56 am

I have had about 15 laser treatments of the two lasers that are supposed to be best for general redness, and have noticed very little difference.

The current technology is much better at removing real thick purple veins or dark spots than small red spider veins or diffuse redness.

Time and time again I hear such disappointing testimonials from lasers. Are laser nothing but media hype?

I do have some red veins around my nose. What about skin tags around eyes?

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 10/02/2013 8:25 am

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/02/2013 12:17 pm

What lasers did you use?, i have heard of great reviews from V beam

I had both Vbeam and IPL.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 11/03/2013 7:38 pm

vbeam and ipl didn't do crap for me either and I've had 7 treatments

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 11/03/2013 8:36 pm

Hey all,

I HATE my angry, red, ruddy complexion! Will laser safely take away my angry, red, ruddy complexion?

I have had enough.

Thanks

Hi NumerousFact!

I've never had any experience with lasers, so I won't be able to help you out with that. But, for 4 months I've used the Clinique even better dark spot corrector and my skin looks amazing. I use it with another Clinique brand cleanser in the mornings called redness relief cream cleanser. I'm not sure how your skin would respond to either of these 2 products, but from my experience they both tremendously helped my skin.

I used to have moderate (non cystic) acne and I finally got it under control when I bought a clarisonic in december of 2012. Prior to using the clarisonic, my skin had been washed with BP, SA, other dermatologist face washes, ects and the overall complexion of my face was left dry, pinkish and un healthy looking. I had red-pink hyperpigmentation on my cheeks, but I'm fair skinned, so even though it wasn't super dark acne hyperpigmentation, it still showed up alot. I bought the redness relief cream cleanser in March of 2013 and I've been using it every morning since. I didn't notice a huge change in the beginning but now my skin is healthy and looks less dry and irritated from the products I had used in the past. In July of 2013 I added the even better dark spot corrector to my routine, because my skin was now breaking out less and the active acne was dwindling down, with only hyperpigmentation left behind. I stayed completely out the sun starting the day that I began using the product. On the bottle it says to use sunscreen, but the only way I knew I would get the full effect is if I have no sun rays undoing the goodness of what the serum would do. I noticed a change in my skin tone by month 2 of using the product and I only used it once a day. Now, 4 months later, my skin is even toned. For me, the product worked, and I think that is partly because I stayed out of the sun. I'm not sure how fast a laser treatment would give ample results in skin tone and redness, but after 4 months of using these 2 things my skin has made a turnaround. I wish you luck on getting even, calm looking skin! (: Hope this helped!