Notifications
Clear all

Do You Think This Is Rosacea?

MemberMember
(@johnhatesredness)

Posted : 08/11/2013 1:42 am

Hey everyone, so I know a forum is a wrong place to ask for a medical diagnosis of something but I'm trying to make appointments with dermatologists and they are all backed up for months! And all I want is if my symptoms fit rosacea, so I will know what I am dealing with. So if anyone can look and pinpoint to see if I have any rosacea symptoms, I would greatly appreciate it. :) I don't know if it's rosacea, sun damage, or some kind of weird rash, but I have had a persistent redness lately. It only started after going through the acne.org regimen, which I stopped. My skin never looked anything like this until I started the regimen. I don't have any acne anymore, other than a few small bumps. All that is bothering me now is this facial redness, which somehow looks like a big mass of hyper-pigmentation. People sometimes ask if I'm sunburnnt. :/ I am now on a regimen of Paula's Choice products (cleanser, toner, BHA exfoliant, and sunscreen moisturizer.) And Paula claims that her products are great for rosacea and facial redness. Perhaps I am allergic to sal. acid and it is causing this redness? If anyone has any ideas that would be great, I could use any input. post-215298-0-94840500-1376203341_thumb.

post-215298-0-94840500-1376203341_thumb.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 08/11/2013 4:20 am

Just out of curiosity, when did you stop the regimen?

MemberMember
(@johnhatesredness)

Posted : 08/11/2013 1:36 pm

Just out of curiosity, when did you stop the regimen?

Hi, I've been off the regimen for about a month and a half I would say.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 08/11/2013 3:16 pm

Does your skin feel irritated at all? Cause you might be sensitive to the exfolient~ If not then you should consult your derm when you get in to see them.. cause its complicated to diagnose rosasea with so many factors that could contribute to redness! Just go easier on your skin if you can, and make sure its moisturized all the time!

Update the topic if you find something that helps (: I'm sure everyone would like to see what you come up with!

MemberMember
(@johnhatesredness)

Posted : 08/12/2013 12:56 am

It does feel irritated at times, and it's those times that it is the most red. Hm, I don't know if the sal. acid is what's causing it, since sal acid is a great anti-inflammatory and Paula's is PH balanced and contains green tea leaf extract which is a great anti-inflammatory agent as well. It is 2% BHA though, which may be too much for my skin to handle. I'll try to go more easily on the sal. acid and only use it once a day and only a little bit, and talk to Paula's customer support tomorrow. I don't want to stop using it completely because it's really helping to unclog my pores and dislodge my blackheads, but maybe it's for the best that I experiment. I'll also try applying my moisturizer much more liberally in case the redness is from any dryness.

Honestly, I miss when I used to have acne, and not this problem! haha. It was much easier to control then. :P But until I get to see a derm I'm determined to get to the bottom of this and not let it defeat me! :) I'll update if any changes occur.