Notifications
Clear all

Fade Blood Vessels?

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 06/24/2013 2:08 pm

Hi, I had acne for years which is now undercontrol thanks to duac/differin. When I had acne, I had the bad habits to pop them which lead me to get broken blood vessels/capillaries. I know I can get them laser but since it's summer and I want to wait til fall.

Is there anything I could do between to at least reduce the red color? I have very pale skin so it's very visibile. They are at both side of my nose/mustache.

Anyone has already deal with that?

thanks.

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 06/24/2013 4:30 pm

VeinWave or the newer VeinGogh might work better for facial spider veins. Check for price as a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician's Assistant can do this procedure and it's cheaper than using an MD. You'll need 2 or 3 treatments but it's only $200 for these 2 or 3.

A small needle puts a burst of electricity into the surface capillary, and in a week or two the spider vein is gone. Your face will be very tomato red after the first treatment, but you'll look ok after 3-4 days. Three weeks later, you get a 2nd treatment. After the 2nd treatment, there's hardly any redness at all, except right at the vein-site.

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 06/24/2013 8:14 pm

Thanks, I'll talk about it when i'll get my appointment with my derm. I don't know if it would work for me since I can't call my condition spidervein. It's simply red spot from picking (it isn't post inflammatory hyperpigmentation). Same thing as rosacean have but I made them myself. I had them for 2 years and they aren't fading neither getting worse.

Thanks again

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 07/06/2013 9:45 pm

I have tons of broken caps around my nose from picking/squeezing. I'm getting VascuLyse in a few

weeks. It sounds like what Busby describes above but I'm not 100% sure. I can report back once I've had it done if you'd like.

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 07/07/2013 8:43 pm

VeinGogh has a stainless steel needle as thin as a human hair, which the operator pokes into the capillary just below the surface of the skin, and then a small DC electric current is briefly switched on by the operator.

It looks like Vasculyse is non-invasive, and has blunter point that doesn't penetrate the skin, and it apparently uses radio frequencies instead of electricity to coagulate the blood in the red mark. But, it also looks like the Vasculyse can include DC electric current too, but this depends on how each country's health authorities have licensed the use of the device and/or the operator of the device. I don't know which version of Vasculyse you would get in Canada.

It also appears that Vasculyse is licensed for use by spa operators in the US and Canada, which is different than the VeinQogh, which is licensed for use in the US only by MD's, PA's, or NP's. I don't know how Canada licenses VeinGogh operators.

VeinGogh is definitely worth $200 (total cost) for 3 treatments, based on my experience, and I'm talking about some bad spider veins that were visible from ten feet away. After 2 treatments, the spider veins are nearly invisible from any distance greater than one foot away, and from a distance of 4 inches or less they are about 50% less visible. Even so, I was told that the 2nd treatment should take about 2 to 3 months before it reaches maximum cure, and its only been 3 weeks after the 2nd treatment.

Vasculyse appears to claim that it can handle larger areas of red skin, which is really the subject of this post. We should keep each other informed as to how all this goes.

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 07/08/2013 3:37 pm

I just started accutane to get rid of acne first, it seems like the rednesses are a reaction to the massive topical that I am using.

thanks for the replies, but according to my derm, I have to fully treat my acne first :P hopefully accutane will work on me.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 07/09/2013 8:30 am

VeinGogh has a stainless steel needle as thin as a human hair, which the operator pokes into the capillary just below the surface of the skin, and then a small DC electric current is briefly switched on by the operator.

It looks like Vasculyse is non-invasive, and has blunter point that doesn't penetrate the skin, and it apparently uses radio frequencies instead of electricity to coagulate the blood in the red mark. But, it also looks like the Vasculyse can include DC electric current too, but this depends on how each country's health authorities have licensed the use of the device and/or the operator of the device. I don't know which version of Vasculyse you would get in Canada.

It also appears that Vasculyse is licensed for use by spa operators in the US and Canada, which is different than the VeinQogh, which is licensed for use in the US only by MD's, PA's, or NP's. I don't know how Canada licenses VeinGogh operators.

VeinGogh is definitely worth $200 (total cost) for 3 treatments, based on my experience, and I'm talking about some bad spider veins that were visible from ten feet away. After 2 treatments, the spider veins are nearly invisible from any distance greater than one foot away, and from a distance of 4 inches or less they are about 50% less visible. Even so, I was told that the 2nd treatment should take about 2 to 3 months before it reaches maximum cure, and its only been 3 weeks after the 2nd treatment.

Vasculyse appears to claim that it can handle larger areas of red skin, which is really the subject of this post. We should keep each other informed as to how all this goes.

I'm getting the VascuLyse done at a PS office by the medical esthetician.

The broken caps along both sides of my nose are plentiful but I don't think they really visible to anyone but me (or at least my husband never noticed!). I will also be getting a few sebeceous hyperplasia lesions treated as well.

Anyhow, I will keep you posted. smile.png

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 07/27/2013 5:07 pm

Did the VascuLyse on Wed morning. It took 12 min to 'zap' the broken caps along my nose. At times it hurt (mainly because they are dragging a very fine needle along each capillary) but it was definitely bearable. The next day I had fine scratches along my nose but I don't think they were noticeable. Anyhow, the broken caps are gone!!! Yay!!!

MemberMember
(@anemal)

Posted : 10/28/2013 7:03 pm

Hi, I live in the UK, I think I have the same problem, I don't know if it's ruptured blood vessels, my and is mostly under control but skin is soon red with spots. Laser costs a lot in the UK.. I'd do it if I reallythought it worked for mmy case, could you please look at my topic I've posted a picture. I really need some help.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 11/04/2013 8:22 pm

I had VeinWave done 4 times, with mixed results. It did get rid of some of my vessels, but a lot of them came back, some to the same extent they used to be, some smaller but they're still there. I also got new spider veins and scars from VeinWave. Keep in mind almost everything they tell you about VeinWave is a lie. They say it doesn't break the skin. Well it actually gave me an indented scar, it's basically a red hole I've had for months now which is not getting better, and looks way worse than the initial spider vein in that spot. They also say spider veins don't reappear after being treated, that is a lie. They do very often, the very same veins, and when a vein does get treated it often causes new ones to pop up around that area. I'm still battling with my veins. I did a series of laser treatments that didn't really help. I'm gonna keep my money for now and wait for a better technology than what's available right now. Veins are very unpredictable though, and what didn't work for me might work for you. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 01/02/2014 10:01 am

Someone recommended Vitamin k cream but I haven't tried it yet.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 01/30/2014 2:23 am

Someone recommended Vitamin k cream but I haven't tried it yet.

I tried it and it actually made me break out so I had to stop. I really doubt the vit k cream alone will do much, though. Maybe if you have dilated caps, but not broken caps.