Notifications
Clear all

I Had Seborrheic Dermatitis For 6 Months, Now Cured And No Signs Of It Coming Back

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 01/24/2013 11:34 am

I would say my case was a little above mild, sorry I don't have pics, but I had like 8 persistent SD spots on my face for about 6 months. It was more embarrassing than when I had a breakout, at least with pimples, everyone knows what it is and never pointed it out, and at least a third of the people at your school will have acne to a degree. But with SB, people would either always ask me what's on my face or assumed it was marks left by acne.

I think time was the main healer, but these definitely helped cure me:

Washed my face with Borax every night for like 2 weeks and then once a week after that for a month. Yes, Borax the detergent lol. I know, I know, it sounds strange and maybe even dangerous, so please use at your own risk, but it worked for me after a second derm told me about it. I pour a little in a bowl and mix with warm water to create a face scrub. GENTLY scrub for a couple of minutes and then I would leave it on my face for 15 minutes before washing it off. Bring a magazine with you and prepare to sit in the bathtub, 'cuz once it dries up, it starts to fall off your face, so you don't want to go anywhere and make a mess. It helped cure me completely, I started to see results after a few days. AGAIN, please ask your derm first before putting Borax on your face, everyone's skin is different, mine could handle it but some might not be able to and it could cause a bad reaction.

After Borax, I mix Lamisil cream and Cortizone10 in a 1:1 ratio and apply on spots and leave it on overnight (I did this every night for 6 months). I also substituted Lamisil for Lotrimin (athlete's foot cream) and it worked too.

I was also taking oil of oregano orally (pill form, it's supposed to help with inflammation), not sure if it did anything for SB but my derm recommended it.

For the first 5 months, it would fade only for it to resurface a day later. It wasn't until after 6 months, it cleared completely and didn't come back. Good luck and I hope for the best!