Notifications
Clear all

Extremely Red, Itchy Skin On Cheek (Pictures Inside)

MemberMember
(@tml)

Posted : 12/09/2012 6:48 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to see if anyone can help me identify what is causing this. I'm 23 years old. I have been getting inflammation on my cheeks that is incredibly itchy and in turn makes my skin very red when I merely rub my hand against it. I get bumps and almost a scaly feel to my skin.

I have always had skin problems, and was on Accutane twice in the past, but only had mild side effects. Just recently I've been having this redness and extreme itchiness that is unbearable. I have been to my dermatologist who prescribed Clindasol which has not been successful. I also went to an allergist and went on a no-wheat, no-dairy, no-sugar diet to see if that was a cause, but I still have the symptoms. I wash with a gentle, made-for-sensitive-skin cleanser, and sometimes use highly diluted tea tree oil on my cheeks

I am at my wit's end, and my skin is affecting me mentally. My self esteem, which I had slowly built up after having acne throughout my teens, is now crushed again. I feel hopeless and have been struggling to function normally each day.

Does anyone know what could be causing this skin condition? Are there any ways to keep the itchiness and redness to a minimum? Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/Q5Kxr

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 12/09/2012 8:07 pm

That redness can be a side effect from accutane...

MemberMember
(@medtalk89)

Posted : 12/12/2012 12:53 am

Hi, from reading other peoples problems post-accutane they are also having the same problems. One thing I have strangley notcied in the past was if I didn't wash my fash every day my face became clearer. After reading a couple posts on here, someone suggested that the reason why our faces are red is because accutane has damaged the lipid barrear. Almost anything I put on my face, even water irritates my face and makes it look like pretty bad.

One thing I am doing is not washing my face anymore like some have suggested, and I am taking MMS orally to detox my body and putting it on my face as well. I am seeing good results. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/12/2012 8:21 pm

Hi, from reading other peoples problems post-accutane they are also having the same problems. One thing I have strangley notcied in the past was if I didn't wash my fash every day my face became clearer. After reading a couple posts on here, someone suggested that the reason why our faces are red is because accutane has damaged the lipid barrear. Almost anything I put on my face, even water irritates my face and makes it look like pretty bad.

One thing I am doing is not washing my face anymore like some have suggested, and I am taking MMS orally to detox my body and putting it on my face as well. I am seeing good results. Hope this helps.

MMS or MSM? MMS is sodium chlorite which is an industrial bleach. MSM is methylsulfonylmethane and is an organosulfur compound.