Notifications
Clear all

Hydrochloric Acid supplements clearing up my rosacea!!

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 02/16/2010 11:21 pm

I was looking for alternative supplements to treat rosacea and found out there is a link between low hydrochloric acid in the stomach and face flushing. I've been taking these pills with meals for only a few days and I already notice a difference! Another symptom of low stomach acid is food sensitivity, so I'm really hoping that will be helped in the process, too.

The great thing about it is that you only need to take it for three to four months, and it encourages the body to start producing it again on it's own. So rosacea may clear up permanently! :D

MemberMember
(@bananababe)

Posted : 02/16/2010 11:27 pm

Where do you get these? Is it a prescription?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 02/16/2010 11:41 pm

Where do you get these? Is it a prescription?

No, it's a supplement. You can buy it online. It's also called Betaine HCI, or betaine hydrochloride.

It is important to take it ONLY if you have low stomach acid, and definitely don't take it if you have any stomach ulcers. However, studies have shown that many rosacea sufferers have low stomach acid levels.

Here are some links:

one article on it

more illnesses linked to low stomach acid

link between rosacea, low stomach acid, and bacteria

Baking Soda test:

"When baking soda comes in contact with vinegar or any acid, then carbon dioxide gas is released. If you ingest baking soda on an empty stomach, and the baking soda comes in contact with sufficient stomach acid, you may burp up the gas. Dr. Joseph A. Debe suggests putting a quarter teaspoon of baking soda in 8 ounces of water and then drinking it first thing in the morning, before eating anything. Then check how long it takes before you belch. If it is longer than 2 or 3 minutes before you produce a belch, then perhaps you are not producing enough stomach acid. A lot of immediate repeated belching might indicate excess stomach acid. "

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 02/17/2010 12:43 am

I should also add that one of the sources stated that it one should not take HCL supplements and anti-inflammatories at the same time.

MemberMember
(@goingstrong)

Posted : 04/25/2012 9:18 pm

hey hows this working out for you?

MemberMember
(@looking4awayout)

Posted : 06/23/2014 11:00 pm

did the HCI pills work for you?