Notifications
Clear all

Best highlighters/illuminators and translucent setting powders for oily acne prone skin?

MemberMember
(@malevolence)

Posted : 05/18/2016 9:25 pm

I'm so scared to try a highlighter/illuminator and a translucent setting powder but I'm kind of scared that it will clog under my skin. I know a lot of them have talc, which gets stuck in pores. So far, the only one that I've found is the Make Up For Ever one, but that one is expensive and the reviews say that it has a lot of flashback. And I'm scared to try a highlighter/illuminator, because when I swatched one on my hand at Ulta the other day, it felt very greasy and oily, so Iwas afraid to try it. Any recommendations?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 05/18/2016 11:30 pm

2 hours ago, malevolence said:

I'm so scared to try a highlighter/illuminator and a translucent setting powder but I'm kind of scared that it will clog under my skin. I know a lot of them have talc, which gets stuck in pores. So far, the only one that I've found is the Make Up For Ever one, but that one is expensive and the reviews say that it has a lot of flashback. And I'm scared to try a highlighter/illuminator, because when I swatched one on my hand at Ulta the other day, it felt very greasy and oily, so  Iwas afraid to try it. Any recommendations?

I've got oily acne prone skin as well and I use Mary lou manizer highlighter and laura mercier setting powder and they don't break me out :)

MemberMember
(@noemiiiir)

Posted : 05/21/2016 4:51 pm

if u want cheap look at NYX highlighters! Nyx is honestly the best cheap make up. and none of their products break me out. Also stick to powders not creams. creams will feel heavy and make ur skin oily (if u have oily skin). And I've tried makeup forever translucent powder and it works great! just make sure to blend it in good.

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 06/03/2016 1:09 am

Hands down laura mercier best powders. Highlighter wise i like beccas opal (stronger glow) or mac lightscapade (very sheer glow) the highend ones dont emphasise pores and doesnt crack either. No breakouts to report either (yay!)