Notifications
Clear all

Accutane and Makeup

MemberMember
(@reginaphalanges)

Posted : 11/11/2015 3:17 pm

hi guys,

so i'm on my second go around of accutane and i think this is the third month. and of course i'm experiencing all the typical dryness with my eyes, lips and skin. for about a month now i have completely given up makeup. when my skin is clear i barely ever use it, just some mascara here and there. but if it starts to flare up and get red like it is now onjust try and use some cover up and maybe a bronzer, but everything seemed to flake off before i even got to work in the morning leaving my face worse than before the makeup.

basically i'm just looking for help on which kinds of make up would be best for me. my skin is a little less dry now thanks to two Vitamin E pills a day and Aveeno Positively Radiant lotion, which i love. but i'm afraid to try my makeup due to prior experience.

also curious of anyone who wore contacts during accutane, i've given up on them since i started too. any and all advice will help! thank you guys!!

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 11/17/2015 5:37 pm

What worked for me is to put a little bit of oil (i used argan oil) on your face as a primer. After that your foundation and a powder to counteract the extra shinyness from the oil. It might be worth a try.

As for the contacts, not much you can do about it. Just limit the time you have them in to when you absolutely have to wear them.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 11/18/2015 1:55 pm

try doubling the amount of water you drink. drink a ton of water. at least a gallon a day.

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 11/18/2015 2:02 pm

Drinking more water will not help dry skin or dry eyes, that is a myth.Dry skin and dry eyes are caused by an inability of your body to hold on to fluid, which in the case of isotretinoin use is in turn caused by a lack of oil.

MemberMember
(@onyxbeauty1988)

Posted : 12/03/2015 9:38 am

Makeup Forever Matte Velvet worked the best for me while on Accutane. I needed full coverage due to all my acne scarring. My skin was so dry so I used Aquaphor under my makeup. If your skin is dry I would stay away from powderbased foundations and lean more toward liquids and creams. Clinique makes really good skin care oriented foundations as well.