Notifications
Clear all

Best Drugstore Foundations For Peeling Skin

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 08/02/2014 11:03 pm

Hello!

I know nearly all of us struggle with peeling skin as a nasty side effect of the Regimen, and I figured it was probably time a thread got put up here to help people in the situation I have been in.

Anyone, feel free to post about cheap makeup products you've experienced that help with the peeling skin and dryness. Just make sure that they are drugstore, no high end please because not everyone can afford it.

-L'oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Foundation: this is a great cheap foundation for dry skin. It goes on very light and can be totally built up to full coverage. It comes in 33 shades which is shocking for a drugstore foundation, so if you are super pale like me or very tan, this foundation can and will be your 'true match'.

-Garnier BB Cream for Combo/Oily skin: I can stop raving about this. It moisturizes insanely, looks natural, has excellent coverage, and minimizes pores. The only annoying thing about this is that it only comes in 3 shades here in the US, so I can only wear it during the summer because the light/medium gives me a tanned look. Other than that, this is great.

And for application, I have to say the best way to apply foundation that I've found is with a makeup sponge or beauty blender when damp. The water adds extra moisture to the skin and if you only use a stippling motion, it won't disturb the dead skin.

Post away! :)

MemberMember
(@aeris7)

Posted : 08/04/2014 2:16 am

Cover Girl Smoothers BB cream!!!

It's the best cover up for dry, peeling, acne prone skin.

Also rub jojoba oil on your skin before washing to help remove flakes. Try AHA+ if you haven't added it to the Regimen yet. Dan also has a cheaper alternative listed... an Alpha Hydrox lotion product.

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 08/04/2014 6:17 pm

Cover Girl Smoothers BB cream!!!

It's the best cover up for dry, peeling, acne prone skin.

Also rub jojoba oil on your skin before washing to help remove flakes. Try AHA+ if you haven't added it to the Regimen yet. Dan also has a cheaper alternative listed... an Alpha Hydrox lotion product.

I have tried the Cover Girl Smoothers and liked it a lot, but that was before the Regimen when I had oily skin. The BP has changed my complexion so much

And yes, jojoba oil is the most amazing thing! I don't know how I would survive without it. I swear it corrects complexion too...