Notifications
Clear all

Acne And Acne Scars, Need Cover It Up

MemberMember
(@mszyzy18)

Posted : 05/03/2014 12:32 pm

My worst enemies is acne and acne scars. My acne is getting better. But the scars is making me feel insecure. Before I have this acne problem, I always feel confident with myself. But last year, I have the biggest breakout. My skin look worse and there's one boy who said that I'm ugly because I have many acne. That start my insecurity. But like I said, my acne is getting better but my scars isn't.

What I need is your opinions. I'm looking for makeup to cover my acne scars. I'm on a budget because I don't really have money.

I'm planning to buy Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel as face primer. I read reviews about it, and many people like it and said this product is great. But the problem is, the product doesn't sell in my country. I thought I will buy it online, but if you have a greater and cheap primer, please recommend it for me

And lastly, I'm thinking of buying Revlon Colorstay Foundation. The price is within my budget. I have heard a lot of people said good things about it. I have dry skin so I'm looking for a foundation that will not make my face looks cakey.

Do you thinks this two products suit me? Your opinion matter to me, thanks ps, sorry for the bad english. English is not my first language

MemberMember
(@summerdayss)

Posted : 05/06/2014 4:39 pm

I have heard great things about the revlon colorstay also! I would say give it a try. Just as a concealer recommendation, I love the Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick! I find that it works great over foundation if I need to cover acne bit more. Good luck!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/28/2014 11:11 pm

All I can say to the quoted below is WTF. Of course I can't stop you but I would never do that xD

I'm planning to buy Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel as face primer.

MemberMember
(@sevenxladders)

Posted : 06/15/2014 7:28 pm

I have also heard from many people the monistat works as an excellent primer.

MemberMember
(@kellybell)

Posted : 06/17/2014 12:21 am

I have tried many products and brands over the years (spending a lot of $$$), and eventually I found the best product ever. It's the original foundation from 'i.d. bare escentuals', it's a mineral make up made from pure crushed minerals. I've tried the 'matte' version and it didn't feel very nice on my skin and it gave back coverage. I have really bad, red, scarring and this completely covers it up. It is a little bit more expensive than budget brands but it really boosts my confidence. I would recommend the original 'mineral veil' to go over the top and that sets it so it has a flawless look. I'd also recommend their kabuki brush to apply it because I've tried their other brushes and I don't feel like they gave as good a coverage as the kabuki brush. I have tried their primers and I wouldn't recommend it they just felt sticky, I just apply it over a non-oily moisturiser. I buy it from strawberrynet but I think you can get it on the company website but only if you are living in the US. This product has really saved my self esteem and because it is natural it hasn't caused any breakouts. I warn you to wash your hands though and to avoid touching your face when it is on, because it's a mineral powder it will transfer onto everything you touch - it drives my husband crazy!