Notifications
Clear all

Hair Colour And Red Marks

MemberMember
(@cassie88)

Posted : 04/09/2014 3:44 pm

Hello,

I really want to dye my hair jet black but I'm worried it will make my red marks and hyperpigmentation more noticeable because of my sallow skin - are there hair colours (or colors if you're american lol) that make acne and red marks less noticeable?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/29/2014 7:54 am

I don't know the answer to that question, but the right colors can do amazing things for your skin. They say black is pretty harsh and emphasizes fine lines, wrinkles, dis colorations, makes you look paler, etc.

That's why I don't wear black in favor of colors that do good things for my skin tone. I used a reddish color on my hair. Once when I switched to a shade that was more red from what I had been using, I asked someone about my hair color because in sunlight it looked way redder than I'd intended. She responded entirely with comments about my skin. Which was stunning as I'd never in my life had a compliment on my skin. And people do bring it fairly frequently now. Of course, hair color isn't the only reason for my improved appearance. There's my diet and skin care., which Ievolved since I began coloring my hair.

I just switched to henna for the first time this month and like it.

Although red isn't right for every skin tone. Sallow means yellow, right? I'd search for hair color for sallow skin & look for a consensus. I bet its close to your natural hair color. Although It always amazed me that in every makeover show, they get a new hair color. Surely some people are born with the right color.