Notifications
Clear all

Questions About Dermablend Professional Cosmetics

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 04/03/2014 10:19 am

If anyone has used Dermablend Professional products, I'd like to know:

1) Is the use of Dermablend's primer necessary, or can you just apply the foundation?

2) How well did the foundation cover your skin's flaws? (I probably would try the Smooth Indulgence Foundation.)

3) Did your acne ever worsen from using Dermblend? (It doesn't look like it would be oil free, and the company doesn't claim that it is--though it's supposedly non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic. ???)

4) Is it necessary to wear the Loose Setting Powder? (Did the liquid foundation rub off easily without it?)

5) Did you need to use Dermablend's Long Wear Makeup Remover, or did a less expensive makeup remover work well to remove the foundation?

Thank you,

PI

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/07/2014 9:26 am

ok so here goes:

1. i have never tried the primer so not sure how well it works.

2. i use the smooth indulgance concealer i hate the smooth indulgance foundation it settled into every line and every pore and slid off my face in a few hours.the concealer however does not do that and it also has spf 20 in it. it covers very very well. my new favorite is the intense powder camo foundation because my face tends to get oily and when i want a heavier coverage i go with this stuff.

3. my face has been fine since using dermablend for over a year now so no worries with breakouts there.

4. i have never used the setting powder but i wonder if i should get it for the summer when my face is even more oily

5. i use proactiv glyocolic acid toner to remove the makeup and dead skin on my face every evening.

one more note you can get the stuff at ulta and try it out and whatever you dont like you can return.

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 04/07/2014 2:02 pm

2. i use the smooth indulgance concealer i hate the smooth indulgance foundation it settled into every line and every pore and slid off my face in a few hours.

That news is a bummer and doesn't bode well; even on its best days, my skin is oily, has large pores, and has some fine lines. Your experience makes me concerned that I'd have the same problems with the Smooth Indulgence foundation.

the concealer however does not do that and it also has spf 20 in it. it covers very very well. my new favorite is the intense powder camo foundation because my face tends to get oily and when i want a heavier coverage i go with this stuff.

I assume that you use the concealer only on very small/specific spots--such as actual scars and/or breakouts--rather than on most of your face, yes?

That's interesting news about the Intense Powder Camo Foundation. It's a bit pricey, though, at $30 for a compact--especially when the product quantity isn't stated. *sigh*

4. i have never used the setting powder but i wonder if i should get it for the summer when my face is even more oily

I'm wondering if the Smooth Indulgence foundation might work better on your skin if you were to use the setting powder? Just a thought.

5. i use proactiv glyocolic acid toner to remove the makeup and dead skin on my face every evening.

I'm not a Proactiv user, but it's good to know that other products can thoroughly remove Dermablend foundation. (The company, of course, makes it seem as if only it's makeup remover can do the job. Heh...)

one more note you can get the stuff at ulta and try it out and whatever you dont like you can return.

Thank you for that pointer. ;) I'm probably going to go to Ulta because I want to look at a few makeup types, anyway--including Dermablend and bareMinerals.

I don't know if you live anywhere near a Meijer grocery store--which, of course, does not carry pricier makeup--know that you can return products there if they don't work out for any reason. I really like Target in general but was very disappointed when someone on this forum stated that that store doesn't accept any makeup returns. Boo.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/07/2014 2:14 pm

i use the concealer all over my face as my foundation it works great and covers so well. it's just different from the foundation i am not sure why though. the intense powder camo is great if you are more oily because it tends to stay in place longer and i would think you would have it for a long time. you dont need much of it at all to cover everything! if you ever get bored watch the camo confessions on youtube and you will see how well this stuff covers all skin issues.

i used to use bare minerals when i had good skin but it does have a tendency to settle into fine lines but it also didnt break me out either. i am in pittsburgh and we dont have the meijer grocery store but most times i buy my stuff online or at ulta just depending on what i am buying or i can even get a deal on ebay.

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 04/08/2014 7:46 am

Last questions, I promise. :D

i use the concealer all over my face as my foundation it works great and covers so well. it's just different from the foundation i am not sure why though. the intense powder camo is great if you are more oily because it tends to stay in place longer and i would think you would have it for a long time. you dont need much of it at all to cover everything! if you ever get bored watch the camo confessions on youtube and you will see how well this stuff covers all skin issues.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/08/2014 8:34 am

they both pretty much worked the same way for me. the matte was even worse. if you have indented scarring then this stuff doesnt offer much coverage of that since its not very thick but if you are just trying to cover red marks then you will be fine but you should just go to the store and buy this and the intense powder camo and then go with whatever one you like better. i also love mac studio tech foundation because its a thicker base too and stays put pretty well too. one type of makeup i always have hated is clinique. ugh!

MemberMember
(@desperatesweetdee)

Posted : 04/24/2014 8:54 pm

Dermablend is awesome for concealing red marks and hyperpigmentation left from acne. It has not caused me to break out at all and I've been using it for 2 weeks already- not one new zit which is pretty incredible considering the luck I've had w other makeup. It leaves the skin looking creamy. I actually have indented scarring, and unfortunately there's not much that can be done for that. But as far as discoloration on my face, I am very happy w the results. I use the primer, the liquid foundation and brush to apply, and then the loose powder. While the indentation is still noticeable, at least my skin is an even tone.

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 04/24/2014 9:03 pm

Dermablend is awesome for concealing red marks and hyperpigmentation left from acne. It has not caused me to break out at all and I've been using it for 2 weeks already- not one new zit which is pretty incredible considering the luck I've had w other makeup. It leaves the skin looking creamy. I actually have indented scarring, and unfortunately there's not much that can be done for that. But as far as discoloration on my face, I am very happy w the results. I use the primer, the liquid foundation and brush to apply, and then the loose powder. While the indentation is still noticeable, at least my skin is an even tone.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Dermablend. :)

For now, I'm having decent success with Revlon's Colorstay foundation--though I'd prefer to find a makeup that isn't tested on animals. (Yes, I know that Dermablend isn't cruelty-free, either. *sigh*) But I will keep Dermablend in mind, especially in case I decide that I want a bit heavier coverage.