Notifications
Clear all

A Nice, Soothing Makeup Remover?

MemberMember
(@desiderata)

Posted : 12/12/2013 10:01 pm

Hey guys! <3

So, what is a good make-up remover that is soothing, easy to obtain and won't cause any more breakouts? Lately, I have been using Just The Basics Pre-Moistened Towelettes ( http://reviews.cvs.com/3006-en_us/819875/just-the-basics-just-the-basics-pre-moistened-facial-towelettes-reviews/reviews.htm ) -- you know, the kind you get from CVS. It leaves my face a little red, though I'm not sure if that's just the brand itself or something all makeup removes have in common.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/12/2013 10:11 pm

Pond's Cold Cream or the Noxzema Original or MAC Cleanse-off Oil have all worked well for me.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/13/2013 11:21 am

Food grade Safflower oil.

Safflower is nearly 80% linoleic acid which s a vital component of sebum that works the way it is supposed to to protect skin. Acne & other problem prone skin have been found to be deficient in linoleic acid. Topical application has been shown to improve to spread throughout sebaceous glands and improve skin function. Applies to all mammals. If you have a dog with itchy skin, treat them with it as well.

As PUFA oils are prone to going rancid you need to make sure it's a good quality, dark bottle, fresh, etc. I buy napa valley naturals at whole foods. Put a small amount in a small dark bottle for your daily use & put the rest in the fridge. . about $8 for a large wine-size bottle.

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 12/13/2013 1:06 pm

I like jojoba oil. It's very good for acne prone skin surprised.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/21/2013 4:02 am

The mac cleanse off oil doesn't break me out and leaves no oil residual feeling on the skin.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 12/23/2013 6:17 am

Coconut oil, just make sure you wash it off afterwards :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 12/26/2013 1:11 pm

I use the new ponds wipes with kaolin clay, and I don't even need to wash my face afterwards. The ingredients are ok...not irritating.

MemberMember
(@apple-blossom)

Posted : 01/06/2014 10:21 am

I use tea tree bar soap for washing off foundation. It works really well and doesn't irritate my skin at all. It also doesn't dry out my skin nearly as much as products I've used in the past. Last but not least, it's less than $2 and lasts several months!

MemberMember
(@desiderata)

Posted : 01/06/2014 9:34 pm

Thank you guys! :)

I've just decided to use my normal moisturizer (Neutrogena) mixed with some water, as well as Ponds on occasion. Anyone have a similar regime?

Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@superhappyface)

Posted : 01/13/2014 2:07 am

I never use anything sold as a makeup remover. They're usually expensive and completely ineffective, especially on mascara.

Ever since I started using Jojoba oil in general, I've used it to take my makeup off. It works far better than anything else and is better for your skin. And more economical. All around it is the most practical and beneficial option. For me anyway :D

MemberMember
(@emmaecho)

Posted : 01/19/2014 6:10 pm

Emma hardie cleansing balm. Lovely stuff, melts into your skin and has a really nice smell. Been using it for six months and have noticed my eyelashes have even gotten thicker!

It does a great job on dry or oily skin, would recommend it to anyone.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 01/31/2014 7:13 pm

Plain Greek yogurt

MemberMember
(@tulipeparfait)

Posted : 05/21/2014 5:05 am

I use the body's shops camomile silky oil cleanser and I absolutely love it

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 06/14/2014 2:04 am

I use Essenzza natural cleansing wipes in removing my make up at night. It can remove waterproof mascara too. I really love this product because it has three varieties and suitable for all skin types. It is nondrying facial wipes and has no paraben and sulphates. It will leave your skin clean, smooth and soft.