Notifications
Clear all

Best Drugstore Makeup That Isn't Cakey?

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 11/18/2013 11:44 am

Every kind of makeup I have used makes my skin look really cakey. I'm not the best at applying makeup either. Is there anything that would be easy to apply that won't make me look cakey?

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/18/2013 12:00 pm

The one's that worked for me were Rimmel 25 Hour Long Lasting foundation and Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation. grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/18/2013 2:32 pm

Every kind of makeup I have used makes my skin look really cakey. I'm not the best at applying makeup either. Is there anything that would be easy to apply that won't make me look cakey?

I figured out that I can make even really cheap, bad quality foundations look amazing if I

1. use a high quality makeup brush (I use the MAC foundation brush)

+

2. mix a cakey foundation with a light moisturizer before I apply it (I use CeraVe Hydrating Lotion)

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 11/18/2013 2:46 pm

I figured out that I can make even really cheap, bad quality foundations look amazing if I

+

2. mix a cakey foundation with a light moisturizer before I apply it (I use CeraVe Hydrating Lotion)

What if I don't have a high quality make up brush and don't have the ability to get one before I need it for my interview? Do you have any suggestions for what I could use instead?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/18/2013 3:26 pm

+

What if I don't have a high quality make up brush and don't have the ability to get one before I need it for my interview? Do you have any suggestions for what I could use instead?

The E.L.F stippling brush isn't amazing but it's better than nothing. It's available at Target and Wal-Mart and it's only $3. Barring that, you can just use a makeup sponge, except I would saturate the makeup sponge in moisturizer first so it's not so dry, and then mix moisturizer with your foundation.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/18/2013 3:50 pm

I like Almay TLC applied with a damp sponge.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 11/18/2013 4:33 pm

I used to use foundation- but after trying foreverrrrr i just gave up. Even before accutane i had this issue- if i put on just a little coverup it would look "peely". I think its because i have thin skin, thats very delicate. Oh well, cave people never used makeup on a daily basis like we do today so i guess im an al'natural human like cave women.

MemberMember
(@annafabbanana)

Posted : 11/18/2013 8:01 pm

I use cover girl outlast 3 in 1 foundation. It's doesn't break me out, and it covers my acne and scarring. Love the stuff.

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 11/18/2013 9:49 pm

Do you think that if I don't wear makeup to coverup my acne that I won't get a job? My skin is a bit red and blotchy and I do have active acne but if I can't make my makeup not look cakey should I wear it all. I'm nervous now. I didn't wear makeup for my last interview and I didn't get the job. I can't control my acne and I don't typically wear makeup.

MemberMember
(@triplen)

Posted : 11/20/2013 1:47 am

I use Covergirl 2 in one foundation with the serum and buff it into my skin with a makeup sponge then use VERY fine powder. Watch a few tutorials on Youtube or go to a place like MAC or Sephora to help you out if you're that worried. Also make sure your skin is moisturized :)

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/20/2013 2:14 am

Do you think that if I don't wear makeup to coverup my acne that I won't get a job? My skin is a bit red and blotchy and I do have active acne but if I can't make my makeup not look cakey should I wear it all. I'm nervous now. I didn't wear makeup for my last interview and I didn't get the job. I can't control my acne and I don't typically wear makeup.

Honestly, yeah, you need makeup.