Notifications
Clear all

Best Concealer Brush For Maximum Coverage?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/31/2013 1:39 pm

Now that im pretty much clear on the regimen ive realised i dont need to cover big areas of my face anymore and i was wondering if anyone knows of a good concealer brush that gives better coverage than just using fingers? or do you think fingers are the most effective? thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/31/2013 1:45 pm

I've always used brushes because I find them to be way more effective and easier to blend and also I don't like touching my face. I still have to use full foundation coverage but for concealing particular blemishes at the end I use the orange handled concealer brush from BarryM and I really like it. smile.png

Also congrats on getting pretty much clear on the regimen, you must be so pleased!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 09/01/2013 1:06 am

hey!

i use a q-tip(aka ear bud) to just dab some concealer on a spot(or PIH).

it works good for concentrated marks/spots.

not a good idea if the thing is spread or bigger in size though!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/02/2013 2:06 am

I like the MAC makeup brushes.

MemberMember
(@joeshadlum)

Posted : 11/04/2013 3:16 pm

If you're using a non-liquid concealer it needs the warmth of your skin to make it spread better. By using a brush straight away you won't get as natural coverage as you would if you applied it to your skin first.

Brushes themselves depend on how you want it to look. I'll assume you're using it for your face and not the under eye area or for highlighting -

• The Body Shop do an amazing 'Lipstick & Concealer Brush' - you apply it to the blemish/area first and then blend with the brush, it gives a feathered, natural coverage
  • EcoTools Bamboo Deluxe Concealer Brush - this brush can be used anywhere, if you pull it along the edge it's good for sharp lines like along the jaw or use it full on to blend around a blemish
  • Smashbox Precision Concealer Brush - as the name suggests this brush is for precise coverage, not for blending i.e one pimple, dark eyes.

You know what concealer you use and if that works for your perfect! But check out Disguys by GuyLiner. It's designed for men and is non-comedogenic and better matches our skin tones.

MemberMember
(@randomgirl1984)

Posted : 11/06/2013 5:48 pm

I have the Benefit concealer brush which I use with their 'Bo-ing' concealer. I really like it as it is quite firm but soft.

I also rate the Body Shop brushes, I use their brush for foundation after the lady on the Clarins counter told me their brushes were as good as the more expensive Clarins ones. I have one Clarins brush but I'm not so keen on it as the handle is very short.

Also, I'm sure you know this but remember to clean the brush very regularly (they say weekly but I think with acne issues even more than weekly is good), I like to disinfect mine with alcohol too after washing them with mild soapy water.