Notifications
Clear all

Giving Up Hope On Foundation For Acne Skin, Any Suggestions?

MemberMember
(@erarosaimmortal)

Posted : 08/19/2013 2:59 pm

So basically I've had Acne since the age of 14 and still have it now at age 20. My father had bad acne when he was young too, just I can't seem to find a regime for my skin that works and most of all foundation for acne skin. I've tried all drugstore brands the worst was rimmel it always made my face itchy after an hour and oily too. I've had over the counter medicine doesn't work, it just feels like I'm gonna be this way forever. I've had contraceptive pills prescirbed to me they don't work. But I actually think its a hormone problem. The doctors don't care about my suffer they keep saying there's a lot worse people. Where I'm from I've been waiting for an appointment to see a dermatologist for 5 months now! I'm just fed up and I even have acne on my back not as much as it used to be. I wash all acne areas every day with products paciffically for my skin type not commerical brand cheap stuff. Its costing me a fortune, and I'm a student its so embarrassing I have low self esteem because of my past with school kids. Now I'm an adult I just want it gone and get on with life with a clear non painful face.

I can't find a foundation I'm stuck between lancome, estee lauder, or laura mercier. Can anyone help me please? I don't want to pay for a brand that's rubbish because I can't afford to keep buying all expensive brands that might not work. Also I don't want my boyfriend to see my back most of all its ruining my life.

Any suggestions please?

Oh, and not all foundation brands are avaible where I live!

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:12 pm

I'd go with a mineral makeup with as few ingredients as possible. I've been using drugstore foundation for years, and my skin cleared up considerably when I started using Alima Pure which has about four ingredients and no nasty chemicals. I'm in Australia and had it shipped from the US.

I've tried so many foundations, lancome, estee lauder, maybelline, l'oreal paris, nude by nature, almay, mac and so many more, and Alima Pure is the only one that hasn't broken me out. Everyone is different though, so it might take a bit of trial and error before you find one that suits your skin.

I'm really careful with what I put on my face now, so I check everything with cosdna before I buy it.

MemberMember
(@erarosaimmortal)

Posted : 08/19/2013 6:49 pm

I'd go with a mineral makeup with as few ingredients as possible. I've been using drugstore foundation for years, and my skin cleared up considerably when I started using Alima Pure which has about four ingredients and no nasty chemicals. I'm in Australia and had it shipped from the US.

I've tried so many foundations, lancome, estee lauder, maybelline, l'oreal paris, nude by nature, almay, mac and so many more, and Alima Pure is the only one that hasn't broken me out. Everyone is different though, so it might take a bit of trial and error before you find one that suits your skin.

I'm really careful with what I put on my face now, so I check everything with cosdna before I buy it.

Thanks Sorbet for your advice:) but I have acne scars that are quite bad ones but can be slightly noticable in sunlight. Currently using No 7 matte foundation I found its the best one I've tried so far. But still a few hours after it feels like something is crawling on my face (itchy) and I use a primer that helps a bit. I want something with coverage really, and I will see about the brand you suggested!:)

MemberMember
(@mm-brian)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:00 pm

Sorry to hear you're not having any luck clearing your acne, I think we can all relate here :(

I would also reccommend a mineral foundation for you, they are the least likely to irritate your skin and block your pores. I'm not sure where you are but here in the UK I use a brand called BareFaced Beauty as the minerals are 100% pure. You want to really research the ingredients before you buy, not all mineral foundations are as pure as they say they are. The less ingredients in it, the better.

I can also recommend Bellapierre in terms of ingredients and not breaking you out however it is VERY pricey!

Have a look at different mineral brands and research the ingredients individually :)

Thanks Sorbet for your advice:) but I have acne scars that are quite bad ones but can be slightly noticable in sunlight. Currently using No 7 matte foundation I found its the best one I've tried so far. But still a few hours after it feels like something is crawling on my face (itchy) and I use a primer that helps a bit. I want something with coverage really, and I will see about the brand you suggested!smile.png

MemberMember
(@erarosaimmortal)

Posted : 08/19/2013 7:13 pm

Sorry to hear you're not having any luck clearing your acne, I think we can all relate here 🙁

I would also reccommend a mineral foundation for you, they are the least likely to irritate your skin and block your pores. I'm not sure where you are but here in the UK I use a brand called BareFaced Beauty as the minerals are 100% pure. You want to really research the ingredients before you buy, not all mineral foundations are as pure as they say they are. The less ingredients in it, the better.

I can also recommend Bellapierre in terms of ingredients and not breaking you out however it is VERY pricey!

Have a look at different mineral brands and research the ingredients individually 🙂

Thanks Sorbet for your advice:) but I have acne scars that are quite bad ones but can be slightly noticable in sunlight. Currently using No 7 matte foundation I found its the best one I've tried so far. But still a few hours after it feels like something is crawling on my face (itchy) and I use a primer that helps a bit. I want something with coverage really, and I will see about the brand you suggested!smile.png

Just wanted to say, if it feels 'itchy' you may be having an allergic reaction to it. Liquid foundations shouldn't itch. I will say though, powder mineral foundation can itch when you start to sweat which can be a little annoying but it's a minor con.

Thanks for your suggestions mm..Brian..:)

I never thought maybe I could be having an allergic reaction. It happens all the time to me with liquid foundations. Not really with the Clinique one I tried but it was far too dark for me. Yes, I might look into buying mineral powder I hope its good and has excellent coverage. Thanks again!:)