Notifications
Clear all

Can Anyone Recommend A Lipbalm That Won't Cause Breakouts Round The Mouth?

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 07/28/2013 6:13 am

So yeh my question's basically in the title. Every lipbalm I buy seems to give me extra whiteheads at the corners of my mouth or sometimes just on top of my lips. Can anyone recommend one that doesn't do this?

MemberMember
(@ladyc)

Posted : 07/28/2013 6:44 am

Hi Moonlightriver,

I hope you don't me contacting you I just saw that you are based in the UK?

Please an you advise where you ordered your products from?
I look forward to hearing from you
Thanks
MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 07/28/2013 6:55 am

Hey ladyc,

Are you looking to get hold of products for DK's Regimen? I used to use it a few years ago but have never bought the products from this site as the shipping costs make it totally extortionate. Cleanser and moisturiser wise you can get Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser and Moisturising Lotion in any Boots store. They keep it in the pharmacy section rather than the main skincare section, so next to all the Sudocrem and the like. They're both good products for using with the Regimen because they minimise irritation. Also for during the day Olay's Complete Care Sensitive Day Fluid is a good shout because it contains spf15 and appears less shiny on your skin that the Cetaphil (though that's good for at night).

Your main problem is going to be getting hold of a decent benzoyl peroxide. When I was doing the Regimen I was using a product called Panoxyl 2.5 Aquagel but I have an idea that they may have stopped supplying that now. I believe Neutrogena do a BP solution called On-the-Spot which might be a decent alternative although I've never used it myself and I think Oxy products might also contain BP. Any product with 2.5% BP should do the trick, though avoid any that contain alcohol.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/28/2013 7:09 am

I read a thread on this topic a while ago and remember thinking that I'd never heard of someone breaking out from a lip balm but I guess it's more common than I thought! At the moment I have tiny spot right on my lip line... I wonder if that's been caused by a lip balm I've used in the past few days...

Also, a few weeks ago when I had really dry, chapped lips, I was been putting a tiny bit of jojoba oil on my lips and that really helped me and didn't break me out.

But here's a link to that thread. Maybe something in there will help you out.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 07/28/2013 7:18 am

Thank you so much Lilly75! I searched the forum several times to try to find a thread on this issue, thinking that somebody else must have experienced this problem, but came up with no results. I'll definitely be having a read through this one. smile.png

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/28/2013 7:24 am

Thank you so much Lilly75! I searched the forum several times to try to find a thread on this issue, thinking that somebody else must have experiences this problem, but came up with no results. I'll definitely be having a read through this one. smile.png

No worries! Hopefully you'll get more replies here if that doesn't help you 🙂