Notifications
Clear all

Need Makeup Advice! New User

MemberMember
(@solonelicious0801)

Posted : 07/11/2013 6:49 pm

Hi! Third day using the regimen but the moisturizer is really shiny and oily. Hope to find other alternatives! And oh, I'm wondering if its possible to wear make up on top of my shiny face? :/ and the steps please! :)

I only have mild acnes bythway :) but my tzone is drying up!! And my blackheads are becoming more visible :/ what must I do :(

MemberMember
(@seeking2012)

Posted : 07/15/2013 5:28 pm

I stopped using my facial moisturizer and replaced it with organic jojoba oil. This doesn't make my face feel oily or weighed down at all; it feels light and my skin loves the stuff. Also it will last all day. Oh and it will last and last and last. A tiny amount goes a long way. You only need like a tiny drop and you can wipe it over your whole face.

Also I think if your face is getting oily very fast it's probably because you are keeping it too dry. I did this with my face for years until I came to this board and people told me differently. I didn't believe them but tried what they said anyway and omg it really worked. For years I would wash my face with soap and hot water 2-3 times a day and would not moisturize. This just made my skin very oily.

Now I use the oil cleansing method in the morning and will wash my face with mild soap in the shower at night. And then I moisturize the corners of my mouth and area around my nose after the shower.

Oh and I wear makeup after moisturizing too. Moisturizer doesn't get in the way of the makeup.

MemberMember
(@jamris12)

Posted : 07/21/2013 7:35 pm

when i was on the regimen i still wore makeup. i would say after you moisturize, blot your face with a tissue, and then apply your makeup. after applying, brush on a setting powder lightly. i use ELF high def, along with blotting sheets to touch up through the day. oily skin is a pain..i understand. i've had oily skin since puberty.