Notifications
Clear all

In Need Of Makeup Advice

MemberMember
(@urbangurl)

Posted : 07/08/2013 5:22 pm

Hey all! I was hoping to get some advice on makeup. I am very reliant on makeup in helping me feel more comfortable my with horrible skin and I'd say I'm pretty experienced in applying it. Recently, I have been having so many issues with my face makeup and it's really embarrassing. I use a primer (sephora brand), make up forever concealer, and neutrogena mineral sheers powder..sometimes I'll throw a bb cream into the mix but that's my standard routine. Lately, my makeup has been getting SO patchy. i will start off the morning looking decent and halfway through my face makeup has melted off my face or just gotten really patchy/discolored in certain areas. I have tried everything..moisturized super well, blended very well, used minimal amounts of concealer and powder, etc but it never looks natural and just makes my face look terrible. i'm already incredibly embarrassed by the dark hyper pigmentation and acne, and when you throw this into the mix i am just a mess. i am desperate. I'm thinking it may be dry skin but i've always had pretty oily skin in the past and my skin isn't flakey or anything. i'm moisturizing with neutrogena combination oil-free moisturizer. if anyone has any advice for me it would be GREATLY appreciated! this has been hugely debilitating and is driving me nuts.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/09/2013 10:25 am

I put pure aloe vera on first, then after 10 minutes or so- then I use Exuviance coverblend multi function concealer...a little dab goes a long way, then set with your favorite mineral powder (I like physician's formula myself)

lasts all day....the exuviance is expensive but a tube lasts a long time, I wait for the 15% off sale at Ariva on line, but Ulta carries it too - but it covers dark hyperpigmentation well - only 4 shades which is not great, but give it a try, go to Ulta and try it before you buy it