Notifications
Clear all

Couple Of Makeup Questions!

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 06/09/2013 4:49 am

Hi everyone,
About a month ago I changed foundations (about 3 within 3 weeks; Estee Lauder DWL, Mac Face & Body, Almay Clear Complexion) because they all broke me out so badly and my skin has been really broken out since then. Could it take a few weeks or even months for my skin to heal after using lots of different foundations that each made me break out? I also started a new skin care routine at the same time.
Also, will using a very thin layer of my new non-comedogenic foundation mixed with non-comedogenic sunscreen make me less more likely to breakout than a few thicker layers of foundation?
Finally, how do you tell if a foundation is breaking you out? Will you get pimples everywhere? Are they usually rash-like pimples or can they be whiteheads too? I only get whiteheads on my chin and I can't tell whether it's just my skin breaking out itself or my makeup!
Thanks everyone!
MemberMember
(@ruweyda)

Posted : 06/09/2013 7:08 am

I usually use bobbie brown makeup which never broke me out and for some stupid reason I thought let me try mac (biggest mistake ever) my skin started itching and it gave me little white heads which the lead to more break outs took me ages to over come it...........I HATE MAC!!

so I think its the mac makeup that caused yu to break out don't ever put it on again..

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 06/16/2013 12:44 pm

I always ask myself that, too. For me, I used Smashbox BB cream and I think it caused me to break out, first I noticed a lot of blackheads, clogged pores, small flesh-colored bumps on my cheeks and later on, they eventually became pimples. Sucked big time. My derm was disappointed that I've been wearing makeup "secretly" and she recommended me to use powder instead of liquid, but I prefer liquid as I find it easier to work with. sad.png She says powder doesn't clog as much, but I dunno.

MemberMember
(@boskabouter)

Posted : 06/23/2013 4:10 am

Why not try mineral makeup? It's the only thing that I can wear comfortably, always looks really natural (and not caked on as liquid foundation can), it's mattifing, and actually - depending on the formula - can help your skin! I use LilyLolo, and have been using it for 6 years.