Notifications
Clear all

Mineral Powder Makeups?

MemberMember
(@iteach)

Posted : 06/02/2013 4:38 pm

I am wondering if there's any kind of powder/mineral makeup out there that is better than Bare Minerals? I use the pressed version of the powder foundation. I really like the coverage and feel, but I've heard it might have ingredients that are not good for acne.

I am not really willing to change to a liquid foundation unless it is *awesome*. It takes a long time for me to apply liquid and I just don't have the skill or patience. I like the BM because it is quick and easy to apply. Besides, I always have to put a layer of pressed powder over liquid foundations.

I don't really like drugstore brands of makeup. Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@lizzingston)

Posted : 06/03/2013 12:50 am

Meh.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/11/2013 12:25 pm

EDIT 6/5/13: If the moderator could please PM me I would like some clarification. Thank you!

its just because you are new. After your status changes, you'll be able to post links.

I use Everyday Minerals out of Austin. They were pretty small when I started using them, but they've grown. Many people here on this board used them. There were many lengthy threads and much love. Until they got larger and provided a less friendly service. Plus they seriously complicated up their colors making it even harder to figure out your match. And some claimed there was a change in formula and it irritated them. Never bothered me any and I haven't felt the need to seek out something else. Besides, I'm in Texas so this is about as buying local as I can get unless a mineral makeup maker has sprouted in Houston.

MemberMember
(@cali04)

Posted : 06/15/2013 8:50 am

I use glominerals. I order it online. Would never switch makeup.

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 06/15/2013 7:10 pm

I've started using Alima Pure, and I liked it so much I've stopped using my liquid foundation, except for special occasions. I was surprised that the coverage was so good, my chin is pretty red with PIH at the moment and it covers it really well. And there's only a couple of ingredients too, so hasn't broke me out yet :)

My other foundation is Lancome 24hr, and it's amazing too. I'd recommend it if you ever want to try a liquid foundation. Have you tried using a stippling brush to apply liquid foundation? I find when I use mine it takes around 3-4 minutes to dot it onto my face and blend it in.

MemberMember
(@boskabouter)

Posted : 06/17/2013 3:14 am

I order LilyLolo mineral foundation online. Have been using it for about 6 years and wouldn't dream of changing to something else. They ship to the US as well.

MemberMember
(@celloislove)

Posted : 06/25/2013 11:26 am

I use Alima Pure. It has very few ingredients, no weird fillers. I've also used Bare Minerals and a ton of other brands, and this is the one I'm sticking with. It looks extremely natural and doesn't break me out. This is the only one that has ever worked for me.