Notifications
Clear all

Makeup Gets Stuck In My Scarred Pores To An Extent That It Is Visible, Have Questions About It

MemberMember
(@kinimi)

Posted : 04/15/2013 3:11 am

I was experimenting with makeup today trying to hide my scarred pores. After a while my pores got clogged with makeup and if you looked at my face up close you could see the stuff inside the pore and it looks really nasty. I haven't really used makeup before and I have questions about that. Will I get buildup like that if I use makeup every day? Is there any way to prevent it? (Like maybe I'll use different makeup. What I do is put on primer, then put on foundation, then use benefit porefessional (what kind of makeup is this by the way?).) Any way to clean out the gunk once it has built up? Can I put anything on during the night to help with this or is it best to have nothing on?

MemberMember
(@kinimi)

Posted : 04/15/2013 3:19 pm

I got this to wear at night to hopefully cleanse my pores: https://well.ca/products/derma-e-refining-pore-serum-with_31698.html

Now I need makeup that won't settle into my huge pores. I am going to try using Porefessional as a primer and using Almay Smart Shade concealer and foundation. I saw this Almay thing recommended in another thread about this problem, and Porefessional seems to work better as a primer than the other one I have (Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Primer), at least for pores. I'm not sure if this will work though so please leave suggestions if you know anything about this.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/17/2013 1:02 pm

I have that same problem! I'm worried about the buildup, too. I don't do anything besides using makeup wipes and washing my face with a cleanser + medicated lotion prescribed by my derm...so if anyone has any tips please share.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 04/17/2013 4:19 pm

I would try and stay away from the primers, they contain silicone and their very purpose is to literally fill in pores to make the skin smoother but my advice would be to use some kind of makeup removing oil or miscellar water which will emulsify and dissolve all the makeup/dirt and loosen the gunk out of your pores. I've heard a lot of good things about Bioderma Sensibio (used to be called Crealine). :)

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 04/26/2013 12:53 pm

Before you use any foundation you should moisturize and use a primer and a loose powder for a flawless finish.

Also exfoliate on a daily basis ( but start slowly at first).

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 05/01/2013 6:11 pm

Some foundations are worse than others at settling into pores. Two I've found that won't do this are Almay Smart Shade and Cover Girl Oil Control makeup.

MemberMember
(@kylenea)

Posted : 06/05/2013 10:37 am

XXYY is correct, but you can try a silicone and oil-free primer! Might help a little! It'll create a barrier between your face and the foundation.

I use the Sephora brand, silicone and oil free. (Not sure how it holds up with large pores, as I'm fortunate enough currently not to have any!)

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 06/15/2013 2:22 am

Exfoliate. I use a Clarisonic Mia, but it is pricey - you could try the Olay brush, which is like the drugstore version.

Exfoliating everyday has led to less clogged pores/congestion for me.