Notifications
Clear all

Curious About Make Up Lol?

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/28/2013 11:44 pm

Well I'm a guy obviously but I've always been confused about make up. The only thing I use which is only if I'm going somewhere very public is bare minerals, that's it nothing else lol I'm just confused

What's a concealer, primer, toner, foundation, what is all that stuff? What are they used for? Is there a certain order to put it on?

I'm not interested in using the stuff I'm just really curious lol

P.s is it bad I only use mineral powder & that's it ?

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/28/2013 11:53 pm

A primer is kind of like a moisturizer you put on before make up, it is used to even coverage and makes the product last longer.

A concealer is a mighty product that covers up imperfections like pimples

A foundation is liquid that goes all over to cover the face

A powder like minerals or a pressed powder sets the face after all the foundation is on.

The order for me is... primer (don't have any atm), concealer, foundation, powder. If I still see a red mark or something I use concealer again after foundation. It's certainly not bad to use mineral powder as a foundation, everyone is different.

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/29/2013 1:01 pm

A primer is kind of like a moisturizer you put on before make up, it is used to even coverage and makes the product last longer.

A concealer is a mighty product that covers up imperfections like pimples

A foundation is liquid that goes all over to cover the face

A powder like minerals or a pressed powder sets the face after all the foundation is on.

The order for me is... primer (don't have any atm), concealer, foundation, powder. If I still see a red mark or something I use concealer again after foundation. It's certainly not bad to use mineral powder as a foundation, everyone is different.

That seems like so much to put lol but thanks perfect answer!

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 03/29/2013 8:27 pm

No worries. I haven't used mineral powder before so if you think it's working for you stick with it.

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 03/31/2013 4:49 pm

Well I'm a guy obviously but I've always been confused about make up. The only thing I use which is only if I'm going somewhere very public is bare minerals, that's it nothing else lol I'm just confused

What's a concealer, primer, toner, foundation, what is all that stuff? What are they used for? Is there a certain order to put it on?

Concealer - This can be used alone, or under foundation. Most of the time it is used under foundation. It's like a color corrector. For example, if you have a really red bump, a lighter concealor or a green concealor can cover the red. Then when you put foundation over it, it looks more uniform. Can be used for dark circles under eyes,.... and birthmarks... Or just for individual spots. You never put concealer over your whole face.

Toner - After you wash your face, you use a toner. Toner comes after cleansing, but before moisturizing. Some people use it, some don't. Some think it's unnecessary, while others think it is necessary. Also, if you wear make up, a toner can help get rid of the left over make up that you missed when washing your face.

Primer - Goes under make up. After you wash your face and do your whole face routine... then you put this on. It makes make up last longer usually. Like if you have oily eyelids, or an oily nose... It sets your face for make up. Makes make up go on smoother... And I think it's good to have if you don't want make up directly on your skin. It acts sort of like that barrier between skin and make up.

Foundation - This is probably what you are using... Foundation is used for the whole face, and it can help with redness, even out the skin tone, and make acne look less bad because it makes your skin look less irritated. lol

No, it is not bad that you are only using mineral powder (foundation). Bare minerals has an irritating ingredient in it, so I don't know if you break out from it? I know I do, and I used their matte foundation. It goes on beautifully, but always broke me out. I ditched it, and now am looking for a natural alternative....

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need anything else

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/31/2013 8:28 pm

Concealer - This can be used alone, or under foundation. Most of the time it is used under foundation. It's like a color corrector. For example, if you have a really red bump, a lighter concealor or a green concealor can cover the red. Then when you put foundation over it, it looks more uniform. Can be used for dark circles under eyes,.... and birthmarks... Or just for individual spots. You never put concealer over your whole face.

Toner - After you wash your face, you use a toner. Toner comes after cleansing, but before moisturizing. Some people use it, some don't. Some think it's unnecessary, while others think it is necessary. Also, if you wear make up, a toner can help get rid of the left over make up that you missed when washing your face.

Primer - Goes under make up. After you wash your face and do your whole face routine... then you put this on. It makes make up last longer usually. Like if you have oily eyelids, or an oily nose... It sets your face for make up. Makes make up go on smoother... And I think it's good to have if you don't want make up directly on your skin. It acts sort of like that barrier between skin and make up.

Foundation - This is probably what you are using... Foundation is used for the whole face, and it can help with redness, even out the skin tone, and make acne look less bad because it makes your skin look less irritated. lol

No, it is not bad that you are only using mineral powder (foundation). Bare minerals has an irritating ingredient in it, so I don't know if you break out from it? I know I do, and I used their matte foundation. It goes on beautifully, but always broke me out. I ditched it, and now am looking for a natural alternative....

Hope this helps!

Thanks that helped a lot, what I use is called

Revlon colorstay minerals

Its black comes in like a small thing & has a brush that slides in at the top.

I can't really tell if it breaks me out because I barely use it but I do know this olay foundation which wasn't a powder it was more like a sticky kind of thing broke me out bad so I never used it again.

What's a good powder that won't break me out ?

I only ask cuz remember I got court and I'm going to wear it lol pretttyboyswaggg

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 04/01/2013 1:08 pm

Hope this helps!

Thanks that helped a lot, what I use is called

Revlon colorstay minerals

Its black comes in like a small thing & has a brush that slides in at the top.

I can't really tell if it breaks me out because I barely use it but I do know this olay foundation which wasn't a powder it was more like a sticky kind of thing broke me out bad so I never used it again.

What's a good powder that won't break me out ?

I only ask cuz remember I got court and I'm going to wear it lol pretttyboyswaggg

i hate over the counter makeup, so I avoid them at all costs.... too much crap in them. but i would think that neutrogena or something like that would make a better make up? But i'm not really sure because I don't go buy make up all the time. Am thinking about ordering "Earth's beauty" foundation online... i'm pretty sure bismuth oxychloride gives a lot of people problems who use Bare Minerals... but it's got other terrible ingredients in it like corn starch and shit. eeeeeeee

sorry can't be much of a help. i try not to wear make up... and haven't worn foundation in a a while (years)

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 04/01/2013 3:57 pm

All you really need is a primer so that your makeup won't rub off during the day and then your foundation. I use mineral foundation because it looks a lot more natural on my skin and your skin can breathe. I don't use concealer because I haven't found a great one yet. And powders suck they are really noticeable so don't use those. if anything, use a mineral veil which is basically the same but it's completely transparent. It sets what makeup you put on your skin and will take off any shine

Sounds like a lot but it really isnt tbh, you only use a little of each