Notifications
Clear all

What Happens If Your Concealer Is *too Light*?

MemberMember
(@carmusen)

Posted : 02/20/2013 3:53 pm

I ordered concealer (Ben Nye tattoo cover) online and shipped it via Express Mail so that's expensive.

What happens if I ordered concealer that's too light? Can I still use it? I'm hesitant to return it because it will take too long and it's expensive.

MemberMember
(@linhd)

Posted : 02/21/2013 10:34 pm

It depends if you're planning to wear it alone or under foundation. If it's alone and it's too light, then people will be able to see you're wearing concealer. They will be able to see the contrast between your true skintone and a circle of "lighter" skin.

If you're planning to wear it under foundation, then it's not a problem. Make-up artists recommend getting a concealer that is a bit lighter than you're natural skintone as opposed to darker. If it's light you can just cover it up with your liquid and/or powder foundation. That will help neutralize the contrast.

I've heard great things about Ben Nye products. I hope it is the correct shade for you!

MemberMember
(@naturalog)

Posted : 02/24/2013 2:47 pm

I agree that if worn over your foundation, you'll just highlight your spots. If you are wearing it under your foundation, then it should be fine. Light concealer under your foundation is great at highlighting and making your face glow esp in the triangular area below your eyes. Also, a lot of concealers oxidize and turn darker so you should try on the shade and see if it gets darker on your skin after a couple hours. If it's still too light for your liking, then try mixing a darker color concealer/foundation or setting your concealer with a darker shade of powder (you must always set your concealer).

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/25/2013 3:00 pm

If it's just a shade too light, and it goes under foundation, you'll be fine. If it's a few shades too light, try selling it on eBay.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 03/13/2013 11:52 pm

I would save it for contouring your face. Under your eyes, on the cheekbones and down the center of your nose and blend with your foundation.