Notifications
Clear all

Sulfate Free Cleansers?

MemberMember
(@gj777)

Posted : 02/14/2013 9:23 pm

Hi. I'm using Differin .3 gel for my acne. I have very oily skin, but it is sensitive, it seems. When I use cleansers with sulfates (ammonium or sodium), I tend to get white, dandruff-like flakes on my face.

Can anyone recommend any cleansers that are sulfate free that are good for someone with oily skin?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@semmer)

Posted : 02/14/2013 11:46 pm

Hi. I'm using Differin .3 gel for my acne. I have very oily skin, but it is sensitive, it seems. When I use cleansers with sulfates (ammonium or sodium), I tend to get white, dandruff-like flakes on my face.

Can anyone recommend any cleansers that are sulfate free that are good for someone with oily skin?

Thanks.

Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap. I use the lavender kind, It's been a god-send. Cleans well, but don't over-do it. I have super oily skin, and it takes time for your skin to normalize, but ultimately, even with my super oily skin, I've comfortably been able to make my routine: no washing in the morning, just water from the shower and towel dry (leaves a tiny "film" or "barrier" for your skin to naturally fight off bacteria), then at night I wash my makeup and grime off with castile soap. I have sensitive skin, so i have to use a mild chemical exfoliant -- toner of raw Bragg's ACV. After this, i use a cotton ball and jojoba oil ONLY on my t-zone, and let it sit. Then i brush my teeth, and then wipe off excess jojoba oil (i use Zum Face toner for this, but you can just use water 🙂 🙂

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/19/2013 11:19 am

i love hylunia cleansers. their entire product line is free of sulfates, parabens, phosphates, fragrance etc. most of their cleansers are around $27-29 but they are well worth it and a bottle lasts a very long time. the product is concentrated and you lathers very quickly so you dont need much of it.

http://www.hylunia.com

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/09/2013 8:01 pm

Water. Or oil cleanse.