Notifications
Clear all

Estee Lauder Breakouts?

MemberMember
(@amy-johnson)

Posted : 01/14/2012 9:29 pm

Is Estee Lauder double wear light a good choice for acne-prone skin?

I have read many good things about it, but I am hesistant to try it since my acne is pretty severe and don't want to worsen it.

Does anyone know if it contains BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE?? I have heard that is a pretty harsh acne irritant, so I want to avoid it at all costs.

If anyone knows of a better foundation, then please feel free to suggest it.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@thrillpink)

Posted : 01/15/2012 4:24 pm

I don't know about the light version, but I use the regular double wear and it's really good coverage and it doesn't break me out :)

The color selection kind of sucks if you have yellow undertones, they're all very pinkish.

MemberMember
(@spotsofbother)

Posted : 01/20/2012 5:32 pm

i disagree!

i wore double wear once and it was so thick and heavy that it felt like i was clogging my pores :[

plus, it was so hard to get off - it took like 3 face wipes!

i know it's important to cover your spots but this was just making them worse for me

MemberMember
(@sofiesofie)

Posted : 06/12/2013 9:34 am

Yes i do break out like never before this damn fondation -estee lauder double wear- make my skin worse and worse (it during a time of 5 months.

do not use it if you have sensitiv skin and tendent to have acne.

maybe look at my pictures after 5 months of using it clogget your pores and your skin going crazy.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/12/2013 11:33 am

Go over to the counter is macys and say you are very interested in their line, but explain your issue and ask for a sample. :)