Notifications
Clear all

Acne and how to cover them for Men (and women too)

MemberMember
(@deadlyroxy)

Posted : 04/29/2005 9:48 pm

if you're interested in in MAC makeup then they can help you find the color that's right for your complexion. You can go to one of the counter things (they're usually at the MAC store or even in malls sometimes) and they can let you try things out for FREE. I went a couple of months ago and I got a concealer stick and a pressed powder. They both work really well if you apply it right. I don't have acne but I do get those small pimples once in a while and I get pimples & whiteheads on my chin pretty often. The concealer stick did wonders on my chin - it was UNBELIEVABLE. Just make sure you apply it well. biggrin.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/21/2005 2:34 pm

How good does menaji work. Does it cover really well. I found the site and i could orer if i want too but i just want some feedback on this product has anyone here tried it and what was their experiences with it?

MemberMember
(@ljinfla)

Posted : 09/12/2005 7:05 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for my son. He just turned 12 on Friday, and he's beginning puberty...hence the acne breakout. It's mostly around the sides of his nose and in the crease of his chin.

He's a professional actor/model and I'm concerned about products. His body is his instrument, so to speak, and if he's broken out, red, and splochy, he's more likely to lose work. Not to mention he's depressed.

I need a cover-up product for sensitive skin, because he's still so young. I need stage make-up for his theater work that has to withstand hot stage lights and sweat.

I need the best way for him to remove the make-up with out causing more damage. Is there a product that we can take with us to a site/shoot to clean him up immediately?

If a make-up artist is on the site, he'll have to use their make-up, which will no doubt contain oils, etc. How can we safely remove them after the gig?

Any help is greatly appreciated. His sister is 10 and is a professional actor also, therefore I may have the same situation in the next couple of years.

Thanks!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/16/2005 11:11 am

derma blend looks good...but its so hard to figure out my right shade for that line....they have so many...and at almost 30 dollars a pop..i dont wanna do the whole trial and error ....grrrrrrr...why cant they sell it at sephora

derma blend looks good...but its so hard to figure out my right shade for that line....they have so many...and at almost 30 dollars a pop..i dont wanna do the whole trial and error ....grrrrrrr...why cant they sell it at sephora
MemberMember
(@zack_ckaz)

Posted : 01/22/2006 1:12 am

does the moisturizer have to be tinted? i bought a conealer from CLINIQUE which works really well since it's an anti-acne concealer so it dries you acne up. it matches my skin color perfectly. i was thinking, if i apply tinted mositurizer, then my skin color is gonna get darker and my concealer won't match my skin anymore.

MemberMember
(@rj4023)

Posted : 04/11/2006 1:31 am

Holy crap it all is just so complicated from selection of products to application. And on top of that you always faced (literally) with the dilemma if i start putting make up on i will always have to be seen with it.

MemberMember
(@the_se7en)

Posted : 06/02/2006 1:38 pm

None of the links on the first post work.

This product does not exist on Sephora.com

MemberMember
(@heatherd)

Posted : 08/06/2006 4:54 am

I only recently discovered the best way to cover pimples and have it stay put. It's not perfect, but it's the best way I've found after almost 10 years of experimentation!

What I've tried that didn't quite work:

~Cream/stick concealer on its own, or liquid concealer on its own (not enough coverage)

~Green cream/stick concealer followed by flesh tone cream/stick concealer (all green does is make it lighter and therefore more noticable! bad idea!)

~cream/stick concealer followed by liquid concealer (worked pretty well, and I used it consistently for several years)

And finally within the past year I found what works best for me. I decided to switch it up one day and try liquid concealer followed by cream/stick concealer. The slightly more substantial and more dry formula seems to act kind of like a seal. And of course, to make it all stay put, powder over everything.

Also for many years I did concealer and then foundation, or stick concealer, foundation, liquid concealer... Finally I've found that foundation should come first (so you don't rub off the concealer), followed by liquid concealer, then cream/stick concealer and lastly powder to seal. Makes for the most complete (and natural if it's well blended and everything is exactly your skin tone) coverage I've achieved in 10 years play with all sorts of combinations. Just make sure everything is non-comodegenic! (however that's spelled :P)

MemberMember
(@penelopeaus21)

Posted : 08/10/2006 7:54 am

Hey all, I was just thinking of the things i've learnt aboout makeup and figured its the same for guys. I only ever really wear concealor on any pimples or redness then a bit of blush and eyemakeup, but one thing that is really important to get a natural look is to moisturise and start with a really small amount, and put it on lightly. Best of locuk xx

MemberMember
(@drice)

Posted : 08/30/2006 6:00 pm

i use rimmel clear skin complexion cover stick with dermacheck:

conceals and helps prevent spots developing. WTF. i have no idea but i apply to single zits and they do seem to flake away with the dermacheck

i am sometimes worried it will look silly but if anyone says anything i will try to pass it off as an ance cream i havent rubbed in properly. i think i blend it in fairly well though

MemberMember
(@okayz)

Posted : 09/01/2006 7:15 pm

Holy crap it all is just so complicated from selection of products to application. And on top of that you always faced (literally) with the dilemma if i start putting make up on i will always have to be seen with it.

lol ya man wtf ... i have a little reddness from post accutane and i have been using my ma's foundation everynow and then( its some brown powder stuff) and it helps the color alot... what is this concealer stuff?

anyways.. my moms foundation is a little darker then my skin tone, but i would rather have it a little brown then red.... i feel so gay talking about makeup.......

MemberMember
(@alan_au)

Posted : 09/08/2006 9:40 pm

I've had used Dermablend for almost 3 months, after reading your suggestion. It doing great job coving my acne marks, However I would like to try Neostrata CoverBlend, Do you know where to get them in Australia?

MemberMember
(@kalimist)

Posted : 09/09/2006 10:32 pm

can you use make up on severe cystic acne?

MemberMember
(@alan_au)

Posted : 09/10/2006 7:36 am

if you dont have bumps :)

MemberMember
(@royalredus)

Posted : 09/10/2006 9:19 am

Guys, no matter what you choose to use, the key is to apply the product beyond the blemish you are covering and blend it very, very well. Remember there is to be no lines of demarcation. Always check your handiwork in the mirror from ALL ANGLES to ensure complete blending. It is best to use natural light while doing this.

Just wanted to say that this advice from Heartless is just about the best advice on this entire thread. You can buy the most expensive goop on the planet, but if it's not applied correctly, it won't give you the desired results. I'd recommend even taking a hand mirror outside in the sun and checking your handiwork out there. You'll be shocked at how different it looks. I've horrified myself before with some terrrrible make-up jobs, so don't make my same mistake!

Oh, another thing is, clean hands are the best tool for applying foundation. Don't fool with cosmetic sponges unless you use a clean one every single time. (which can get pricey). You generally need a brush to apply powder, but clean them regularly because those things harbor bacteria badly!!

Anyway guys good luck, and feel free to PM if you have any questions you don't want to ask on the board...

MemberMember
(@needclear)

Posted : 09/11/2006 3:29 am

Hey everybody,

I am a guy and have tried using makeup to conceal my acne and some mild/moderate scarring but for some reason durring the daytime i feel that it is noticible at times or looks weird, i usually dry the makeup so that it can become more thick than liquidy, it works better. Sometimes i break out, sometimes i dont...not a good risk nevertheless. Have been using CG "clean makeup" classic ivory...maybe not a perfect skin color match, but close. I was wondering what makeup product would be good for a guy, and if i need foundation or concealer because i do not know the differences in makeup. What product do i need in order to get as close/natural to my skin as possible and give me good scarring coverage without breakouts.

Thanks so much guys!

MemberMember
(@royalredus)

Posted : 09/12/2006 8:18 am

Hey needclear - first off, do you have oily or dry skin? Or neither? I have a couple things in mind for you that might work depending on your skin type....

MemberMember
(@needclear)

Posted : 09/13/2006 4:36 pm

Hey needclear - first off, do you have oily or dry skin? Or neither? I have a couple things in mind for you that might work depending on your skin type....

I would say that my skin is neither...however it's more towards oily than dry

MemberMember
(@lizziethomas)

Posted : 01/02/2007 1:39 pm

hey people. i need your help. my son is a part time actor/model. he has a tan bronze complexion (middle eastern) and he has been looking for the best make up he can sue since hen eeds to cover some belimishes and acne. whats the best anti acne make up he can sue out of all theo nes you suggested. price doesnt matter but the quality does. we want the best for investmen.

they are advice to retouch after scene due to sweathing from the light.

he is currently using a mac make up but he is kinda having acne due to that. is there any better concealer for spots and the best powder for the face and retouching? what do you advice?

is it bad to leave on the face for long? i mean someone mentioned that

the ebst product for concealer and powerds for men are Menaji.. is that true? we want whats best for him and wouldnt want him to suffer again from acne like always due to retouching of heavy makeup through out the daw. and does the toe of menaji the right tone for him if i pick the darkest which is the bronze? please some one help me. i would really apprecite it. my son will start working for this show this week and he wants to be acne free and the best quality concealers and powders. that are available online to be shipped around in ASIA where they will be filming. thanks and i really apprecite if someone helps us!

MemberMember
(@lizziethomas)

Posted : 01/02/2007 1:43 pm

hey people. i need your help. my son is a part time actor/model. he has a tan bronze complexion (middle eastern) and he has been looking for the best make up he can use since he needs to cover some belimishes and acne. whats the best anti acne make up he can use out of all the ones you suggested. price doesnt matter but the quality does. we want the best for investment.

they are advice to retouch after scene due to sweathing from the big lights around them in the set.

he is currently using a mac make up but he is kinda having acne due to that. is there any better concealer for spots and the best powder for the face and retouching? what do you advice?

is it bad to leave on the face for long? i mean someone mentioned that

the best product for concealer and powerds for men are Menaji.. is that true? we want whats best for him and wouldnt want him to suffer again from acne like always due to retouching of heavy makeup through out the day. and does the tone of menaji the right tone for him if i pick the darkest which is the bronze? please someone help me. i would really apprecite it. my son will start working for this show this week and he wants to not have acne from makeup and the best quality concealers and powders that are available online to be shipped around in ASIA where they will be filming. thanks and i really appreciate if someone helps us!

thank u

MemberMember
(@obarrera)

Posted : 01/26/2007 3:15 am

royalredus, what would you reccomend for me to use?

I have oily skin, not super oily anymore because I have been working on it but I still think it's on the oily side.

Anyway, I don't know anything about make up, I want something that won't break me out, something that covers red marks, and maybe makes me look tanned at the same time, just want my skin to look healthy.

MemberMember
(@sephora28)

Posted : 02/21/2007 11:13 am

can you use make up on severe cystic acne?
MemberMember
(@sephora28)

Posted : 02/21/2007 1:25 pm

[quote name='li

MemberMember
(@neo2)

Posted : 02/27/2007 8:46 am

Cover FX Products

Have you tried Cover FX Products?

Is it working?

Thanks

Neo

MemberMember
(@sephora28)

Posted : 03/11/2007 6:26 pm

^I like ladies makeup, too. It seems to have a wider shade selection and cover better than men's makeup does.