Only around lips.. ...

Notifications
Clear all

Only around lips.. help!

MemberMember
(@cathyjwsuhgmail-com)

Posted : 03/25/2022 6:39 pm

I've been suffering this ugly white pus acne(?) around my lips for about a year. All skin area from end of my nose and above is clear. 

At first I thought the cause was from the mask, but apparently it's not because I used to work remotely and don't go out too often.

I thought it was from stress, so I quit work and it got worse. 

I thought it was either hormonal or immunity issue so I took the blood test and the result came out to be normal. Currently waiting for my pap smear test result.

It's definitely not herpes (although I get simple herpes on my lips frequently) because if I pop it, the pus comes out just like acne whereas clear comes out when you pop herpes.

I guessed it could be folliculitis but it's not itchy as one of the symptoms of it is itchiness. 

So difficult to make appointment with a dermatologist and just wishing for it to vanish asap!

Please help with your experience.

Thank you in advance!

20220325_143230.jpg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 03/29/2022 6:30 pm

Some look like regular acne lesions but some look different and somewhat irregular, so yeah, see a derm.

However, in the meantime, if it's acne, the regimen should clear it up nicely. You want to tackle acne quickly whenever you can to prevent scarring.

Also, you can try eating low-carb and see if that helps while you await an appointment for a proper diagnosis.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 03/31/2022 11:32 pm

This might be an allergy to your toothpaste and/or mouthwash. Try to avoid SLS (sulfates) in your mouth, and also in the products you put in that area, and see if it makes a difference.

MemberMember
(@pajasij378bamibi-com)

Posted : 04/16/2022 11:31 am

thats a form of folliculitis, i would bet 100%

How is your health? your sleep, mood, hormones etc?

Like you, mine gets worse when I am well rested which makes me think hormones play a role, bare in mind the Dr normal range may not be normal for you

The best thing to do is rest and recover untill you feel good in yourself and then see what happens. I imagine what you said is bang on, you have supressed immune system from stress and poor lifestyle and then hormonal changes which go up and down.