Not sure what these...

Notifications
Clear all

Not sure what these bumps are...

MemberMember
(@jitpreet_sahotahotmail-co-uk)

Posted : 02/20/2022 12:32 pm

Hi,

I'm 28/F from the UK. At the age of 25, acne hit me like a ton of bricks after I tried laser hair removal on my face. I was prescribed antibiotics and clindamycin lotion at the time which really helped. Then... the pandemic came along and I feel like I've been fighting a losing battle.

I had maskne and now I'm dealing with clogged pores which I never used to get. At the time, I didn't know these were clogged pores and was prescribed Differin and my face has suffered. I've now got these horrendous bumps that are not so visible to someone looking at me but I know they're there, I can feel them and when I wear makeup, they're even more visible. I wear make up to cover PIE/PIH from clogged pores whilst they heal but now these bumps are making it unbearable.

I have no idea whether it's fungal acne or severely damaged moisture barrier.

Current routine is:

AM-

Wash face with lukewarm water

LRP Toleriane Fluide Moisturiser

LRP Anthelios SPF 50+

PM-

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Superdrug Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Cream

I thought about trying an active free routine for this month but the bumps don't seem to be budging. I have got a blood test coming up to see if I have PCOS or any hormonal imbalance but I am hoping to speak to a GP about these bumps. An old GP shot me down as just having hormonal acne and I should either get the pill or continue with differin. I've never been on BC and don't want to start now.

Does anyone have an idea of what this is and what can tackle it?

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 02/21/2022 12:41 pm

Looks like non-inflammatory acne. Tried the regimen yet? That might do the trick quickly for you.