Accutane 2nd time a...

Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 2nd time at 28, female

MemberMember
(@toad234)

Posted : 06/27/2018 9:55 pm

Ive suffered from acne since I was 11, I am 28 now and have been on abx, countless creams, spiro, birth control, accutane, everything. I guess my acne must be hormonal bc I still have it in my late 20s but for some reason birth control doesnt help it and spiro only seems to help a little. Accutane I took when I was 21 and honestly that seems to be the only thing that ever worked. However over the past couple years my acne is coming back even while being on birth control and spiro. I really want to go on accutane again bc I cannot stand this acne anymore. Im wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if they took accutane a second time if it was effective or not.

MemberMember
(@scarletbegonias)

Posted : 11/06/2018 11:44 pm

Hey there,

I am in the same boat as you. I'm a female and almost 29 years old. I am about to start my second round of Accutane tomorrow. I had great results with minimum side effects the first time, but my acne is slowly starting to come back so I am going on another round of treatment. I say go for it as well if it is still bothering you at your age. My dermatologist said it is the most direct way to treat adults with stubborn acne. I will keep you posted on my experience.

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 11/15/2018 5:47 pm

Accutane was my last resort....I'm thankful I never had to take it, because it's so harsh on your body.

Have you ever tried Unblemish? That was the last topical product I vowed I would use before going to the dermatologist for something (whether it be antibiotics, etc) and surprisingly, it actually worked. Took 5 months of patience but I have clear skin now. I'd recommend it to anybody <3

MemberMember
(@angiek)

Posted : 12/07/2018 3:25 pm

I have had acne since I was 11 too.. now 37 :-/ so I feel your pain! I took accutane and am about to start my second course too! My derm said 2% of the population never grow out of acne unfortunately. Acne is more emotionally damaging the older you get, so GO FOR THE TANE is my advice. Life is to short for this crap!