Notifications
Clear all

6 years on Diane 35

MemberMember
(@petragrin)

Posted : 05/11/2017 7:16 am

Hello,
I wonder if those who are on Diane 35 can advise me on my situation and share their experiences. 
I started Diane 35 six years (im 30 now) because I had a terrible acne; before I tried different pills, different treatments nothing really helped. Diane 35 did miracles. I loved it  and my  body loved it and I have a beautiful skin right now. Yes, some old scars but i can live with it :)
The last one year I noticed changes in my body and my mood. More and more often I am getting thrush, I have pain in my underbelly, every time I start a new pack of the pill I feel my hormones are going crazy, i feel depressed, my sex drive is down, I feel very tired and sleepy all the time. Just overall not feeling well.
I have gone to doctor's with all these symptoms - they have checked everything starting from pregnancy ending with STD (My goodness!)  and they say im fine. It was me who asked the doctor can it be from the pill? They didnt give me an exact answer. I just wonder - can it be that the pill causes these type of side-effects after 6 years? Has  anyone got any experience? 

I get to the level where I need to choose whether to stop the pill or not which also means choosing between acne or my overall health. My husband says he loves my pimples too but I am sure those who have  this issue know how much it affects our self-confidence....

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@charlie456)

Posted : 05/11/2017 2:37 pm

You could ask the doctor for doxycycline?

How about a new round of prescription creams, oitments etc?

Chemist/supermarket products? Sebamed-type productsseems to work well (I am 39 and female, tried a generic version of this and it works relatively ok. I am in New Zealand and using Ethics facewash and anti-acne gel, it's mild and seems to have a good result - I think it's like Sebamed as the packaging is modelled on that and the ingredients are similar.)

petragrin liked
MemberMember
(@charlie456)

Posted : 05/11/2017 2:52 pm

PS Ask the doctor about another contraceptive pill, it could help.

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 10/13/2017 10:22 pm

I was prescribed Diane 35 almost 6 months ago and have been experiencing many of the symptoms you mentioned. I havent been experiencing any thrush like symptoms, however my skin flared like crazy and mood wise I have been feeling absolutely terrible. I originally was put on the pill due to my problematic skin but it seems to have made it worse. Just trying the waiting game and hoping to see some improvement.

Even though I just started the pill and cant give much advice, I would say that if you are considering discontinuing the pill be prepared for a possible flare of your skin since your body has probably gotten used to the synthetic hormones. I always had the impression people shouldnt take Diane 35 for long periods of time due to the controversy surrounding blood clots and other possible health risks. If you do decide to come off them, definitely talk to your doctor about other options. If youre scared about an acne outbreak while stopping the birth control, maybe you could discuss with your doctor possibly taking an acne related antibiotic during that time.