Glycolic Acid for C...

Notifications
Clear all

Glycolic Acid for Cystic Acne

MemberMember
(@jenschin)

Posted : 11/06/2016 9:36 pm

Just want to see some positive feedback here! I have cystic acne on my chin and sometimes on my cheek. I'm 32 years old and have always had some sort of acne. I've probably spent thousands of dollars on acne products. Currently I'm using Clinique acne products. Most of the products I use contain salicylic acid and one product had benzoyl peroxide. Considering buying the glycolic acid found on this website. Anyone use the glycolic acid for cystic acne? Feedback appreciated! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 11/08/2016 5:54 pm

I bought Peter Thomas Roth 10% GA Hydrating Gel a couple months ago. I really think it does help. However, I have to recommend caution on this... At first, I was using it every third day and my skin was gradually improving. I increased my usage to every other day. More improvement. After two weeks of this, my skin was CLEAR. After a couple weeks of clear skin, I experienced a small breakout. I increased the usage to every night. (The instructions say to keep increasing until you get to 2x a day) The acne continued to get worse and my sensitivity (to products, etc.) increased. I've done a bit of research and discovered that it is most likely that I am over-exfoliating. Derms and esthetitians recommend that you only use it once or twice a week AT MOST. That forest breakout I experienced at every other day is where I probably should have backed-off to weekly use? Anyway, this week I have switched to a gentler soap and stopped the GA to allow my skin healing time. I will do it again, but not so frequently.