severe acne still a...

Notifications
Clear all

severe acne still at age 20

MemberMember
(@legoxhouse)

Posted : 09/19/2016 5:55 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about this. I've never posted on here before. I have had moderate to severe acne all my life since the time I was in middle school. My skin has only gotten worse and worse throughout my senior year of high school until now, at the age of 20. I have some scarring and small bumps, but the worst part is the cystic acne I get on my face. I tend to breakout more during or before my period, as well as under stress. however, a good majority of my breakouts are random or seemingly so. I have been to the dermatologist several times and nothing has helped much. I drink a lot of water which doesn't seem to help either. I'm not sure if anyone would have any suggestions but it just doesn't seem normal for me to still have skin this awful at the age of 20 - almost 21. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@realtalkgurl)

Posted : 09/19/2016 6:16 pm

Have you tried accutane??
It worked great for me!! I know it sounds risky to some but honestly it does do wonders for some people and at best it will completely get rid of most of your acne for good and at worst it will hamper your acne to a more controllable degree thus topicals and creams might work in conjunction to a treatment plan and not remedy because acne is an ongoing struggle. I hope you find your way!! You have beautiful eyes by the way and bone structure and seriously accutane is a life saver with retina a if you can do it afterwards for maintenance!!!

MemberMember
(@user532889)

Posted : 09/19/2016 6:32 pm

Check out my Topic post under 'Diet & Holistic Health', or go to SkinDeeply's 'About' page and study her authoritative and thorough layout of what you need to do in order to take FULL CHARGE OF YOUR SKIN and overall health. I am vouching for SkinDeeply because I went through near exact protocols through years and years of research and experience. Now I am healthy as heil and rarely deal with acne. 

FYI: I suffered from horrible acne from 16 til mid-20's...face, neck, back, chest. Now my chest is clear, back is clear, neck and face is 'clear' (acne scars) but with occasional acne from beer and the rare intake of crap food.

IN A NUTSHELL...it is a lifestyle change. Take the holistic approach, you'll thank yourself later on down the road :)

PS: I know accutane has helped many many members...but please have it as a last-resort option.