Notifications
Clear all

Feel so low

MemberMember
(@andy48)

Posted : 06/22/2016 10:07 am

I am 48 years old and live in the U.K. feel utterly powerless to treat my acne.I have had acne since 13 years old and although it was more severe in my teens and is more moderate now it is still a nightmare.People look at me like I'm a Martian when I go out or they just laugh at me sending my embarrassment.I have tried everything from accurate which made my face like a beetroot and when I stopped the acne returned.I could n't carry on with the accurate as it was affecting my liver.I have tried countless creams and antibiotics but only having moderate success.Whenever I try any new cleanser or anything on my face my skin becomes red and inflamed and I only wash twice a day.I have tried vitamins but had to stop because it gave me terrible heartburn.I suffer from ulcers in my stomach.I fell so trapped.I don't wash my face for days hoping it would heal by leaving it alone but this has not worked either.
I just started taking lymecycline daily and that is it.I also have broken capillaries across my upper cheeks and mild scarring there as well.I have been told I don,t have Rosacea from 3 dermatologists but do have facial redness.I do drink a lot of milk and my diet is full of junk food.
I am on anti depressants because of my skin.I also have type 2 diabetes.I have had dermaroller with dr chu in London with moderate results on my scarring and have had ipl for my facial redness with about a 20% improvement .So I was disappointed with both procedures.
I just want to treat the acne first and would appreciate any help.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/22/2016 3:45 pm

Hi, try cutting out dairy, sugary treats and fried stuff. Just for a month to see if it helps...no soda. Theres definite links between dugat, dairy and ninflammation ( if you are probe to acne).Drink green tea and extra water.
Try turmeric and garlic tabs...ask your doctor if you can take inositol for blood sugar help. Try probiotics.
Try topicals with linoleic acid, sea buckthorn oil or rosehip oil. Try milk of magnesia ( very thin layer on face).Try washing your face with oatmeal.
If you're female get your hormones assessed.
I totally know how much acne sucks I am doing all I can to get rid of mine too. I'm 32.

MemberMember
(@hashimotoshappiness)

Posted : 06/30/2016 3:11 am

I agree. If you are diabetic and have ulcers, you need to heal your gut and change your diet, and your skin will improve. Cut out all dairy, all junk, all sugar, wheat/gluten, and start drinking lots of soups (not creamy), salads, bone broth, take probiotics 2x a day, eat sauerkraut or fermented food at least 2x a week, meat is fine but nothing breaded, lots of veggies, lots of water, tea not juice, or lemon water, or do juice 1/3 to the rest water. Try almond milk or rice milk in your tea, super werid yes but you do this for 3 months and you will see a difference. Yes, it will cost more, yes it will taste differently but after a month you won't even remember the sugars and chemicals you had previously been addicted to in junk food. You need an entire lifestyle change, your internal organs are pissed at you for putting garbage in your body!

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/30/2016 7:31 am

4 hours ago, HashimotosHappiness said:

I agree. If you are diabetic and have ulcers, you need to heal your gut and change your diet, and your skin will improve. Cut out all dairy, all junk, all sugar, wheat/gluten, and start drinking lots of soups (not creamy), salads, bone broth, take probiotics 2x a day, eat sauerkraut or fermented food at least 2x a week, meat is fine but nothing breaded, lots of veggies, lots of water, tea not juice, or lemon water, or do juice 1/3 to the rest water. Try almond milk or rice milk in your tea, super werid yes but you do this for 3 months and you will see a difference. Yes, it will cost more, yes it will taste differently but after a month you won't even remember the sugars and chemicals you had previously been addicted to in junk food. You need an entire lifestyle change, your internal organs are pissed at you for putting garbage in your body!

wow great post :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/04/2016 6:21 pm

Great advice ladies! I am 32 and I still struggle with this beast daily. Like you , i have done everything including several courses of accutane to no avail. If you have not given dietary changes a shot, definitely go for it. If anything, you will feel better, you'll be able to regulate your blood sugar more and it will hopefully improve your emotional issues. Please don't give up or lose hope Andy. Feel free to reach out to any member on the board and we have all faced acne and many like myself, still struggle with it in our 30's 40's and beyond.

Stay strong brother.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/05/2016 1:19 pm

18 hours ago, leelowe1 said:

Great advice ladies! I am 32 and I still struggle with this beast daily. Like you , i have done everything including several courses of accutane to no avail. If you have not given dietary changes a shot, definitely go for it. If anything, you will feel better, you'll be able to regulate your blood sugar more and it will hopefully improve your emotional issues. Please don't give up or lose hope Andy. Feel free to reach out to any member on the board and we have all faced acne and many like myself, still struggle with it in our 30's 40's and beyond.

Stay strong brother.

hey I'm the same age. If you don't mind, when did your acne start and do your family have it?
Also do you have hormone issues? Thanks.