At the end of my te...

Notifications
Clear all

At the end of my tether

MemberMember
(@staceycoates1985)

Posted : 05/30/2016 1:22 pm

Hello I'm just new here. I joined because I am so sick of my skin now it's become a joke. I've always had bad skin, especially around my chin area. Quite recently I've figured out that when I've been out in the sun I get these little white puss filled spots that are really sore and when they are burst they are just full of water. I get married in September and I don't want my skin to look as bad as it does. I have took a photo of my skin right now, it was sore this morning ni had a bath and used my normal skincare and now a few hours later they have filled up again with puss. Can anyone help me? I went to the docs a few years ago but they gave me some cream, it worked for a while but now nothing seems to work

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/30/2016 2:11 pm

You really should visit a dermatologist. If you start treatment now, your acne may be under control by your wedding. How's your diet. Diet never worked for me but it is worth a shot if you have not tried it yet. Try limiting or eliminating dairy and gluten and any high glycemic and processed foods for a few months.

Try to keep stress in check and pace yourself. It's a rough road and you may have to keep on trying and trying and trying till you find something but don't give up.

MemberMember
(@staceycoates1985)

Posted : 05/30/2016 2:20 pm

Thanks for the reply.

My my diet is quite good I would say, as I follow slimming world I eat a lot of fruit and veg and I rarely eat bad things.

Been trying to post a pic but it's not posting

MemberMember
(@lilbert-2)

Posted : 06/02/2016 2:28 am

I feel like I have to share what I've found after years of struggling with my skin. I struggled with acne all through high school and college and when I turned 22 it became constant cystic mostly on cheeks and chin. I also am a face picker so scabs and scars where a huge issue. The only thing that made a small difference was doxycycline but due to my picking my face still looked horrible.
Out of desperation I started using coconut oil. My skin is combination with a oily t zone, dry everywhere else. I was afraid it would make my break out worse but it actually reduced the swelling overnight and helped heal the scabs noticeable quicker! A noticeable difference with in a week. My over all skin looked better but I was still experience the painful monster pimples weekly.
Someone told me that apple cider vinegar was magic and the day after I tried it the cystic acne had shrunk and my skin glowed and looked over all less red.
i now have gone a month with only 2 significant pimples that resolved within two days. The redness of my skin has lessened as have my acne scars! Before this regimen when I would started hunting around my fave for pimples to pop I would always break out horribly the next day, but now, even if I'm actively trying to pop black heads they never turn into pimples!
my regimen:
Morning= wipe face with warm water then apply coconut oil or if I feel like I'm breaking out a benzoperoxide face cleanser followed by coconut oil.
Evening= benzoperoxide cleanser then I apply diluted ACV. When that dries I apply coconut oil. If I have a pimple or feel a break out I will do a 5 min sulfur facemask after I wash my face or put a 5% sulfur cream as spot treatment after I use the coconut oil.

My skin has not looked this good in years I am hoping it lasts!